Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are links in reviews allowed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are links in reviews allowed?
    Posted: June 15 2023 at 07:28
Today I published a review that I had previously written at PF/TYM. I noticed that it's possible to put a link to the original review page at the bottom of the review. Since I know that M@x is all about SEO, I added a rel="ugc" (user generated content).

Is this allowed? Just because the software allows me to, doesn't necessarily mean I should be doing this Smile

Here's the review in question:

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - June 15 2023 at 07:28
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2023 at 09:28
^ I didn't find the answer here. Looks like links in reviews are not forbidden. Confused
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2023 at 09:54
Well, today I submitted a review with a link and it was rejected. The only way to do it is to edit the review - there this check does not apply.

I guess that M@x does not want links in reviews, so the edit review form should be fixed. Would be good to hear from M@x about this.

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - June 16 2023 at 10:53
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2023 at 10:50
I would be wary about including hypertext links or hyperlinks in reviews if the feature to easily add that is not already there. I think that citing the source should be enough, and even a plain text url if you want. And traditionally M@x has liked original to this site reviews.
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2023 at 13:18
I know, PA is all about SEO - all links must lead to PA. I'll remove the links. It's a shame, since I currently have about 30k links from TYM to PA Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply