Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accused in a Nut - Crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accused in a Nut - Crossover
    Posted: February 14 2024 at 00:46
^ Sorry Clas, we missed it. Added onto charts. Thanks for info. Thumbs Up
unterninja View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unterninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 08:24
Hello,

It's been some weeks, and now I have become a bit unsure whether the updated biography in my last reply was good enough so I will try to refine it yet a bit more to hopefully make this as easy as possible to evaluate.
Some small edits/corrections, added one inactive member that I'd missed before.

Please let me know if this is considered as bumping too early - or if I have missed anything else.

OK, here goes:

a) Title: PROJECT NAME - ONLY ONE POSSIBLE SUBGENRE

Accused in a Nut - Crossover

b) Provide an original biography written by the suggester (for addition) ... not copy nor paste via the artist's page (except permitted by himself / herself / themselves), an artist's pic (with the scale of 500 pixels or more).

Core members:
- Krille L (piano, lead vocals, beautiful chord progressions)
- Clas P (bass, ugly riffs and a bit of stupidity)
- Johan S (guitar, lead vocals, general 'lyricality')
- Tobbe N (drums, many good ideas)
- Daniel J (guitar, effects)

(Image should've been here, but it seems I cannot upload to the forum yet - so I cannot provide that. I will have to refer to the band's Insta/FB, linked below.)

Members that usually contributes but not always participates:
- Anders N (flute, saxophone, vocals)
- Patrik Ö (effects, synths, vocals)

Inactive members:
- Björken (drums)
- Skansen (drums)
- Daniel L (synth, organ)
- Mårten T (guitar)
- Oscar S (guitar)
- Martin P (cello, vocals, various)

Krille and Clas started writing music together in the late 80's, soon evolving into a band with the prompt addition of Johan and Daniel L.

After many years of not really producing anything but personal fun (ok, a couple of pretty good songs that very few ppl ever heard, since the band only made ~6-7 gigs in total during the first 30 years), the band got signed to the independent label Less is Fair, and soon released a vinyl (mini-)album - 6 new songs - in 2023. The album was produced by Oscar Ammer, with sleeve design by Loafer.

The band do not have any ex-members - only inactive ones. Every one who have at some point been a part of, and contributed something to, Accused in a Nut is always welcome back in the fold. The complete set of active and inactive members can be seen on Instagram.

c) Provide legal links for streamable samples of the band's music that checkers and team members can listen to (no clips nor excerpts).

d) If you have listenable / assessable material that would aid in evaluation, you can upload these in .zip or .rar format to file sending websites such as rapidshare, sendspace, wetransfer, and so on, and send them to Admin or the Team member(s) of the genre that you are suggesting the band should be evaluated under (for example here).

There is nothing except what is in the section c) above.

e) Provide links to the bands official website, websites that have written about the band, or helpful links in general.

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unterninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2024 at 19:12
Edited the text from the original post to make it more readable:

Core members:
- Krille L (piano, lead vocals, beautiful chord progressions)
- Clas P (bass, ugly riffs and a bit of stupidity)
- Johan S (guitar, lead vocals, general 'lyricality')
- Tobbe N (drums, many good ideas)
- Daniel J (guitar, effects)

(Image should've been here, but I seem to not be able to upload so I cannot provide that. I will have to refer to the band's Insta/FB, linked in the original post.)

Members that usually contributes but not always participates:
- Anders N (flute, saxophone, vocals)
- Patrik Ö (effects, synths, vocals)

Inactive members:
- Björken (drums)
- Skansen (drums)
- Daniel L (synth, organ)
- Mårten T (guitar)
- Oscar S (guitar)

Long story short:
Krille and Clas started playing music together in the late 80's, soon evolving into a band with the prompt addition of Johan.
One of the early ideas on how to make music focused around composing small snippets, trying to make them sound good when played together, and wait for someone to make an interesting mistake during that process - and then start focusing on the mistake instead, using that as foundation for a new song. This particular principle is now more or less abandoned but the creative process is still not for everyone, being rather lengthy and iterative.

After many years of not really producing anything but personal fun (ok, a couple of pretty good songs that very few ppl ever heard, since the band only made ~6-7 gigs in total during the first 30 years), the band released a vinyl mini-album - 6 new songs - in 2023, on the independent label Less is Fair, produced by Oscar Ammer, sleeve design by Loafer.

The band do not have any ex-members - only inactive ones. Every one who have at some point been a part of, and contributed something to, Accused in a Nut is always welcome back in the fold. The complete set of active and inactive members can be seen on Instagram.

(All links are in the original post)

Edit: inactive members are now presented with name

Edited by unterninja - January 17 2024 at 19:15
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unterninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2024 at 06:26
Noted, I will update with a photo as soon as I can find one. 

I believe the text in the original post constitutes a textual biography, if not, please let me know what is missing and I will fix that.
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2024 at 12:01
They're going to have to provide a biography before Crossover looks at them. The instructions are pinned to the top of the forum: https://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=122381
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2024 at 11:39
Gentle Bump Tongue

The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unterninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2023 at 17:49
Krille (piano, lead vocals, beautiful chord progressions) and Clas (bass, adding ugly riffs and a bit of stupidity) started playing music together in the late 80's, soon evolving into a band. Johan (lead guitar, vocals, general 'lyricality') is still with the band, since those days. 
One of the early ideas on how to make music focused around composing small snippets, trying to make them sound good when played together, and wait for someone to make an interesting mistake during that process - and then start focusing on the mistake instead, using that as foundation for a new song. This particular principle is now more or less abandoned but the creative process is still not for everyone, being rather lengthy and iterative. 
After many years of not really producing anything but personal fun (ok, a couple of pretty good songs that very few ppl ever heard, since the band only made ~6-7 gigs in total during the first 30 ears), the band (now also featuring Tobbe, drums and many good ideas, as well as a few more temporary members) recorded a mini-album, consisting of 6 new songs, released as a vinyl on the label Less is Fair. 
Worth mentioning is also that the band, having had a fair number of musicians during the years, do not have any ex-members - only inactive ones. Every one who have at some point been a part of, and contributed something to, Accused in a Nut is always welcome back in the fold.

Music available at:

FB and Insta:

Edit: made the links active. I am not an experienced user of forums, so missed this at first. Sorry about that.

Edited by unterninja - December 26 2023 at 01:37
 Post Reply Post Reply