Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA Album of the Year Discussion thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2024 at 14:50
^ I corrected the entry for Mendoza Hoff Revels. As for the status of the other release, you can tag it as non-prog to make sure. Currently it's only auto-tagged from rym, where it is also non-prog (but avant-garde). EDIT: Hadn't seen that you've done just that Smile

Strange thing, that (non-prog avant-garde) ...

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - January 22 2024 at 14:52
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2024 at 14:34
LearsFool? In a different topic than What are you Listening to Right Now? Febus XXII Shіt! Hell freezes over!
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2024 at 14:57
^ And even posting a list! That's more than many others who have entered here Wink

Well, only seven days remain to cast your vote, so if you haven't already, now is the time to put together your list:

https://awesomeprog.com/release-polls/pa/aoty-2023/vote (instructions on the page and at the start of this thread)

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - January 24 2024 at 15:49
TenYearsAfter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenYearsAfter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2024 at 16:14
Escampa (2022) | Sherish

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2024 at 18:40
^ I looked that album up, and it says it's from 2022 (not in PA that I see).

By the way, since the deadline is fast approaching and we would hope that we still get more participants, here again is how one participates.

Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

Here's how this works:
  • Go to https://awesomeprog.com/aoty-pollYou do not need to register at AP in order to participate.
  • Select your favorite releases there. The AP database contains almost all PA releases. If any release is missing, please let me know either via PM or at AP, or in the feedback thread, and we will make it available. If you have an account at AP, you can also create and link it to PA yourself.
  • You can select any release you want, but it should be awesome. Please do not fill the list with less-than-awesome releases just to hit the maximum number. You can stick with only PA releases, but you should also include non-pa releases if they are awesome, and even if they are non-prog. The system will make sure that only PA releases will end up in the PA result.
  • This poll uses a maximum of 20 releases per list. Shorter lists are welcome! The first release will yield 20 points, the second 19, and so on. You can also configure your list to be unranked, in that case each release will get an equal number of points (matching the sum of points your list would have yielded had it been ranked).
  • Since you can submit any release, regardless of whether it is listed at PA or not, your list can be much longer than 20 releases. As a general rule, you should list ALL awesome releases you can think of. Sort it if you can, submit it, and let the system figure out the score. So any list length is fine, if it represents all the awesome releases you know. And regardless of the resulting combined and official chart, users will be able to see your entire list.
  • Once your list looks good, you need to copy the generated code and paste it into a new reply in this thread. This is how we make sure that only legitimate PA forum users can vote, and that everyone can only submit one list. 
  • I am periodically scanning this thread and when I do, submitted lists will be registered and will show up on the tool page.
  • If you want to update your list, feel free to do so as often as you like. You update your list by posting a new one in this thread. Your previous list should still be available in the tool (it persists the lists in your browser), but if you have lost it there is a textarea where you can paste any list (just copy it from a post) to import your list.
  • When the poll is closed (currently we envision January 31 as the last day of voting) I will export the final result in another thread.
  • If you absolutely refuse to use the tool, you can also post your list here, and I will import it into the tool for you when I have some spare time.

TenYearsAfter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenYearsAfter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2024 at 18:45
Escampa (2022) | Sherish (bandcamp.com) It's confusing but this album was released in January 2023, see this link.

Edited by TenYearsAfter - January 24 2024 at 18:46
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2024 at 18:56
^ Okay, I had used Rate Your Music which said December, 2022. Discogs confirms 2023. Anyway, the band is not included in Prog Archives which could be a problem for the Album of the Year event. It was not accepted before, but I think that was before this album came out. Anyway, it is at awesomeprog for 2023, so you can still vote for it in the album list at awesomeprog even if it is not eligible for the PA proper contest,. Hope you create a list there and share it here (see instructions above) if you haven't already.

EDIT: I moved various posts here from the official Album of the Year lists topic to this discussion topic in case people miss seeing the lists in the other topic (just worried some might not so easily see how it works / the process of the other topic otherwise).

Edited by Logan - January 24 2024 at 19:10
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2024 at 02:46
New feature: If you are participating as an AP user, you can now easily load your previously submitted list on the tool page without hunting for forum codes.Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2024 at 15:46
@Lewian: I deleted the duplicate entry for the Torabi/Wileman release, thanks for letting me know!

New feature: The counting tags are now hidden in links in the generated forum code, and you can disable the spotify/bandcamp links when generating the code. It's still the same process, but the generated code looks less confusing. Smile

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - January 26 2024 at 15:46
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112