Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Banco' Unreleased Album (San Francesco Rock Opera)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Banco' Unreleased Album (San Francesco Rock Opera)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThyroidGlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banco' Unreleased Album (San Francesco Rock Opera)
    Posted: March 15 2024 at 22:40
Among the scant information I managed to find, the lineup for this album included some members of Banco (most likely Francesco Di Giacomo was not present, as there is no trace of his unmistakable voice), Tony Esposito, and the great Elio D'Anna from Osanna. In reality, some compositions later converged, in finished form, on "Come in un ultima cena" and on the English album "Banco".
You can also read an interview with the Nocenzi brothers in the pinned comment.
If anyone has more information about this album, please post it here in the forum.

In the upcoming days, I'll be uploading the complete album.

]
Bloody bloody racket and rumpus
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2024 at 04:59
Hi,

This is interesting.

It would make better sense to do this today, than yesterday I imagine, with some studio trickery to make it look like it was an old recording ... and in many ways, the music in it is probably more alluring than the current Banco although I have a hard time getting their stuff these days, as too expensive.

Some of the themes showing up, if it was done now instead of then, makes much better sense, and I was under the impression that Francesco was with Banco from the start, and in many ways, he was the "classical" person in the group, since there has not been anything like it since we could say. 

I would like to hear more, but (again) I really wonder if this is a very neat, and clever, design for doing something to honor Francesco ... I am pretty sure that something like that would make more sense ... though the possibility of these things taking place is always there. But I'm not sure a rock opera from Banco (with a different name at that time, perhaps?) at that time, would make sense, specially as so many rock critics were trashing so much stuff with classical music in it ... but Italy, has a very serious history of classical music and opera, so if I were them, I would probably fly the finger on those critics!

Quite an interesting thing, that is likely to confuse us some, but it sounded great and I would love to hear more ... but an opera with no singer? ... very strange ... 
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2024 at 23:18
What year?
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply