Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGeorge Harrison Nov 29 2001

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: George Harrison Nov 29 2001
    Posted: November 29 2007 at 14:23
George Harrison a Rock And Roll Hall of Famer with the Beatles and solo. His contributions as a lead guitarist who influenced many, the Byrds ran out and got a 12 string guitar after hearing him on A Hard Days Night. His work in introducing Classical Indian music rock music, tamboura drones and the sitar inspired others to broadened rock approach to music. His work with electric guitar drone, backward guitar, the leslie guitar effect, volume pedal and after the Beatles his eastern influenced slide guitar style. He contributed the greatest song according to Frank Sinatra Something. The first great triple album All Things Must Pass and the then the Concert For Bangledesh.Then with the Traveling Wilburys, he was one of the most important musicians in the last 40 years

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2007 at 19:26
a day late and a dollar short I don't come down this in this area much shame there weren't any replies. 

Anyone seen the 'Concert for George' DVD.  if you don't have tears in your eyes at the end of that... you have no heart ..or soul.

I  remember the day he died quite well... had been a bad day..  a rough day... in a long series of bad rough days.  I remember putting on the album he did with Ravi Shankar.. and just losing myself... knowing he had finally escaped the hell ..that is life on Earth.  How badly I wanted to get away as well. He was truly freed the died he passed on. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply