Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Watch play Genesis + Credo, Lydney UK, 18 May
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Watch play Genesis + Credo, Lydney UK, 18 May

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Watch play Genesis + Credo, Lydney UK, 18 May
    Posted: May 22 2008 at 15:41
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

Originally posted by jaguar jaguar wrote:

I'm still searching for the magic formula for getting prog fans out into venues!

and no doubt, getting them out of the venues again, at the end of the evening...LOL

Erm yes... that would have been me. LOLEmbarrassed  I had to be let out the other door as I was the last one out.

Edited by James - May 22 2008 at 15:41
jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 09:07
LOL!
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 09:05

I'm still searching for the magic formula for getting prog fans out into venues!

and no doubt, getting them out of the venues again, at the end of the evening...LOL
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 09:03
The guys from Credo and The Watch were a real pleasure to work with. We were sad to see so few there, but had no complaints from either band. I'd even like to think we made a few friends along the way, which really makes doing this worthwhile.

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 08:42

They sure did ... an excellent, scarily authentic version.

thanks, once again for organising things, Huw...I hope the band weren't too down about the size of the audience...Embarrassed...I've sent them a MySpace message of thanks...Wink
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 08:19
They sure did ... an excellent, scarily authentic version.
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 07:45
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

I have to admit, I enjoyed their show...2 hours plus, with their own material, intermingled with many of the Genesis classics from the period, including Looking For Someone, White Mountain, Dusk, the Knife, Seven Stones, Harold The Barrel, Harlequin, Fountains Of Salmacis, The Return of the Giant Hogweed, and even the finale to Supper's Ready!

But did they play Twilight Alehouse? An absolute must from that period...?

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 16:43
I loved the Chapman Stick too, it's the first time I've seen one played in reallife.  Excellent stuff.

One of their own tunes was really good too... I forget the title off the top of my head.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 16:01
I have to admit, I enjoyed their show...2 hours plus, with their own material, intermingled with many of the Genesis classics from the period, including Looking For Someone, White Mountain, Dusk, the Knife, Seven Stones, Harold The Barrel, Harlequin, Fountains Of Salmacis, The Return of the Giant Hogweed, and even the finale to Supper's Ready!

The vocalist really does sound like Peter Gabriel, and they did an excellent job of recreating the sounds of the era...it was just a shame they only played to an audience of 40, after having travelled over from Milan...Unhappy
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 18:14
I am... oh you've said that already.

Hopefully traffic won't hold me up... it should be interesting.  See you there mate!
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 14:37
OK...James and I are meeting at 6.30pm outside the town hall, ready to go and get some Pizza....doors at 7.15pm...who's in??Big%20smile
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 06:00

this is going to be a fabulous show - I hope we'll see some of yooze people there! Big%20smile

I'm thinking of making a day out of it....Wink
jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 05:55
this is going to be a fabulous show - I hope we'll see some of yooze people there! Big%20smile
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 05:40
^^I know, mate...and I think you are doing the right thing, in latching on to bands who are playing the CRS during the same weekend...there is no reason why you can't gradually build this up, to become the Southern CRS within a couple of years...after all, the main reason why many don't go to Rotherham as regularly as they would like, is the sheer distance from the South, in view of rising fuel costs....Wink
jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 05:37
Hope to see you there (and many others!) - if we can build up the numbers, we'll make this a regular proggy hot-spot, but we need the support of all who can make it.Hug
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 05:26
Hi Huw,

This is a distinct possibility....I'll see what I can do...Approve

any one else up for this?

Grey Roomers??

J
jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 05:12

We're proud to announce that top Italian prog band THE WATCH will be performing a new show in tribute to their great influence, Genesis. The show, at Lydney Town Hall, Gloucestershire, on Sunday May 18th, will consist of Genesis songs from 1970-71 - focusing mainly on the Trespass and Nursery Cryme albums.

Special guests at the show will be the superb CREDO, fresh from playing the Rosfest festival in the USA.

Doors 7.15
Tickets £10 + £1 booking fee
Available by post from Box Office, Lydney Town Hall, High Street, Lydney, Glos. GL15 5DY (please make cheques payable to Full Moon Media Ltd0 or online from www.sonicbond.com

The Watch will also be performing at The Peel, Kingston, Surrey on Friday 16th (http://www.myspace.com/houseofprogression) and The Classic Rock Society's Rotherham Rocks Festival on Saturday 17th (http://www.classicrocksociety.net).

Post Reply Post Reply