Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedELP tribute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 02:57
Originally posted by kshacklett kshacklett wrote:

Of course to REALLY be authentic I'd have to have keyboards opposite each other.  It's slightly easier to play the stuff without having to whirl around.  I used to do the two stacks but it takes up too much room in my studio.

Thanks for checking it out.

You also weren't stabbing knives into your keyboards...but that might hurt the equipment, so maybe it's for the best. Heh.
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
kshacklett View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 04:25
I watched the youtube right after you posted about it.  I thought I commented but I just now went there and found no comments.  I meant to say:  Nice job with everything.  Must be fun being in the band.  I wonder all kinds of stuff...where you play...do you have a nice following...do you ever actually get paid for playing such good stuff...do the young women run screaming when they hear ELP...  Has Keith, Greg or Carl ever thrown you a bone...   etc.

You're in England, right?   Wish I could afford to run over there and sit in. 

Keep on keeping the fire burning.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 04:29
Oops, I thought my last reply would appear under the comment I replied to, like youtube comments.  I was replying to Carnival9uk's post of Dec 11.
Greywoolfe View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 09:33
Mate, you're brilliant! I watched Karn Evil 9, Hoedown and Toccata- what can I say, apart from note-for-note perfect. I sincerely hope you find a Greg Lake soundalike and someone who can drum like Carl Palmer. Utterly amazing stuff- keep it up!
21st Century Schizoid Fan.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 18:19
Thanks.  Glad you found my videos.  I hope to get some or all of the 2nd Impression on soon.  Then it's time to bare all and post some original stuff.

I'm surviving right now, but if I get my ducks in a row I'll work on getting a tribute going.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12