Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Le Triton 10th anniversary party Saturday 20/11
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLe Triton 10th anniversary party Saturday 20/11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Le Triton 10th anniversary party Saturday 20/11
    Posted: November 21 2010 at 12:39

Le Triton 10th anniversary party Saturday 20/11 (4PM to 2AM)

To celebrate Le Triton’s 10th anniversary, the Triton invited a lot of musicians, that have become regulars or played often at the famous Parisian venue. The concerts were organized in three blocks with about 15 short sets each lasting about 20 minutes. (the playing order is the one on the programme sheet above)

1. 4PM-7PM mainly acoustic world and jazz

Then Speeches & Dinner

1. 9PM-11PM Classic and avant jazz
  2. 11PM-2AM Jazz Rock

I went there early, you never know how many pop up when something is free…and at 4PM only half of the Triton was full. I saw the first two concerts inside, an Argentinean all women Tango ensemble (exceptionally with one man taking over the double bass) and an Avant Chamber ensemble, both interesting… I met friends and we went out for a beer and followed the concerts in the bar on the screen. We had some trouble to get back in for the Hadouk Trio, in the meantime the room was crammed, with a hundred seats and about the same number standing. In a way it would have been nice without the chairs; on the other hand standing for about 10 hours would have been tiring. Jean Pierre Vivante Triton director asked he audience gently to move from time to tie and give other the occasion to get a seat. The Hadouk Trio was my favourite concert so far and the mood was great and hot….

Already time for dinner. The Triton becomes bigger up and the new parts which are under construction and will become soon another smaller venue and a bigger restaurant space served already to feed the hungry masses, a very good and cheap hot buffet. In the meantime the whole Triton space was overcrowded and it became impossible after the dinner to get back into the concert room. In a part of the new aisle there was a documentary about the Triton projected and I spent some time watching the film. It took finally over an hour to get back in to see the great Trio of Bex, Goubert and Benita, classic post Bop, but with such excellent musicians it was my favourite set so far and after ten minutes… Yes the poor sound crew had only 10 minutes to change settings and looked already exhausted BTW a big thank you to the whole Triton crew who worked like hell to organize the birthday and make it all happen in the best possible way, the sound was not always perfect, but all in all it was great) and time for Christian Vander starting on piano and chant joined after the first song by Stella Vander and Simon Goubert who took over ….the piano Yes no drums this night, and as Christian answered a lady who asked for some drumming “No drums anymore, drums are out of fashion!” Nice and touching set… as most of the musicians Christian stayed after his set and chatted until late at nighty with fans and fellow musicians….

No break and when being asked by my neighbour about the suite of the program I said only : It will be get louder and Yes the last block was obviously the best part for yours truly with Mederic Collignon, Guillaume Perret’s Electric Epic, Christophe Godins Mörglbl Trio and ending the evening One Shot some of the best European JR available….

A perfect anniversary party with lots of great music, food and vibes.. comin back fo the 20th birthday for sure!!!

Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 13:55
I didn't know of this Ouch
Alucard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator