Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCivility/censorship poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What kind of Progressive Rock Forum do you want?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [52.94%]
16 [47.06%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 08:04
Originally posted by diddy diddy wrote:

But the new structure of the Forum doesn't cause all the posts to be deleted...or will there be a new blank board??? Please not...

NO posts will not be deleted , only re-classified ..

Prog On !
diddy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 08:18
Originally posted by MAX@ MAX@ wrote:

Originally posted by diddy diddy wrote:

But the new structure of the Forum doesn't cause all the posts to be deleted...or will there be a new blank board??? Please not...

NO posts will not be deleted , only re-classified ..

O.k. than it's a very good idea  
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear...
George Orwell
Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 10:09

sounds good

I voted for NO CENSORSHIP, BTW

maani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 11:41

All:

Here is what I suggested to Max.

First, we already have an entire section called "discussions not related to music," which has threads about movies and other non-music topics.  I don't see why all other non-musical threads - including religion, politics, etc. - cannot be put there.

That said, what I would suggest is that Max and I put a "warning" at the opening of each potentially inflammatory thread, letting members know that they basically "enter at their own risk."  Like "important announcements" (which appear at the top of each thread), this "warning" would appear at the top of each page of such threads.

If we did this, I would hope that all members would then be at least a little more "sensitive" to each other in the "regular" threads - though, again, without feeling "stifled."

Max and I would, of course, continue to reserve the right to edit any language, post or thread that we deemed inappropriate, though we would continue to be extremely cautious in doing so.

Believe it or not, I think that covers everything suggested in this thread.  Let me know if I've missed anything.

I await Max's comments.

Peace.

Edited by maani
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 12:19

MAANI has a GOOD IDEA !

Approved

Prog On !
Velvetclown View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 12:29
OK GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
diddy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 13:16
Originally posted by maani maani wrote:

All:

Here is what I suggested to Max.

First, we already have an entire section called "discussions not related to music," which has threads about movies and other non-music topics.  I don't see why all other non-musical threads - including religion, politics, etc. - cannot be put there.

That said, what I would suggest is that Max and I put a "warning" at the opening of each potentially inflammatory thread, letting members know that they basically "enter at their own risk."  Like "important announcements" (which appear at the top of each thread), this "warning" would appear at the top of each page of such threads.

If we did this, I would hope that all members would then be at least a little more "sensitive" to each other in the "regular" threads - though, again, without feeling "stifled."

Max and I would, of course, continue to reserve the right to edit any language, post or thread that we deemed inappropriate, though we would continue to be extremely cautious in doing so.

Believe it or not, I think that covers everything suggested in this thread.  Let me know if I've missed anything.

I await Max's comments.

Peace.

Even better than Max@'s idea (unbelievalble, it made a link out of his name )
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear...
George Orwell
Certif1ed View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 13:18

Nice one, maani

Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 13:30
Yes, I agree too!
Peter View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 14:58

HappySmile happySmile joy joy!Big smile

Calloo callay! -- oh frabjous day!Wacko

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.
Marcelo View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 15:12
I think that any prog community is, al least in theory, an open minded group, where everybody can talk about any theme (including politics or religion) without offenses or agressions (am I wrong?)... Anyway, I wonder what happen about these topics in another forums (beloved Mariah fans forum i.e.).   
maani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 16:02

All:

See what can happen when you don't stifle dissent?  

Anyway, since Max has approved my idea, this is how I would like to see this work.

Anyone who wants to start a thread that is non-musical in nature should, as usual, post it under "discussions not related to music."  If that thread is likely to create any type of "internal controversy" - and I need all of you to be honest here - send me a private message and let me know you are starting it.  I will then attach the "warning" such that it will appear at the top of each page of the thread.

Any thread will be permitted - religious, political, cultural, etc. - and any posts to those threads will remain completely "uncensored," except to the degree that the site itself is "self-governing" vis-a-vis profanity, or in the event that Max and I - jointly and strongly - truly feel that something is "beyond the pale."  I do not expect this to occur, but we must reserve that right.

All threads that may contain potentially inflammatory posts will be "at the risk" of those participating.  So, for the record (at least for now, here), let me state that if a member chooses to participate in a "dangerous" thread, Max and I will not accept any claims of a member having been "dissed" in any way: participation in all such threads will be at one's own peril... 

That said, we do expect all members to be courteous of each other in all other threads - again, not to the point of "daintiness" (Heaven forbid!), but to the degree that all members keep in mind that we come from a global community, and thus have different sensitivities.

The admin group continues to value and respect your opinions, comments, suggestions, etc., and we sincerely appreciate your contributions and participation.

I will keep this thread open for about 48 hours after this post, after which time it will be closed to further posts.  If you have any further questions, comments or suggestions after that, feel free to send me a private message.

Peace.

Edited by maani
Glass-Prison View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 16:55
A just and fair solution, Maanifred!
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 17:07
sorry to repeat but you appear to follow threads of disfragmentated illegetamate mating "talks"of "word used to say"once,ones,ones of ones of this is "commonly whaT  is...whats up with you..."ect.This captain hook like,you know wants probabilty as "end excess"in  "WORD CAME HERE,YOU DIDNT DO IT PROPER,END ALL THINGS"LIKE.this "no no hook is just underline of if you say something like"which word"it will know you used"( got you you use words"it///gotcha...got you..got ya"theory of place where there was words you said say)fanily couple out the back there"winding success to stor story you be"gods of ape yer show of "ace".This "give me your whole exsistances"I own "sum"stop all item all things is this then?this why else did "a nur"get "arrested and testified and removed"in "parade round like it still here"queens nations "runt row to call it back be it""you can be others word knows of..."in "be bet cake pay for things and keep serve in shops"we have gone psychotic"...owns..."no you"this page is only now responding to be any"whats?This "symchron auto miking"remnants of words that were once.This who punted coins about to hear it word sums.This lock you up in cells for doing it in "let out meaNS  we here and hear it...no no...gone mental...I own this...lawmen gang escalater"shopping mall talk him backs"end all item be""this is my proffession conduct as policeman to end all things in any you,serios place,I do any none...music is my are,kill you off is belief strory of thats all that is""this is why word is was dirty words of witch you to say which in your not real as only will be say your pedestrain of man or shape of womanner,come I can god..build you be a god"in "no no..it was just music gods..."unknown unheard"call...be its"heiorphantic symbols mean write is my hearings"your trying to be a god of tell clevers,I own are,non,your dirt"I polce all,louts psychotics itemmed walls of totalled"jews"rail its...This "no no..its  cowpokes outside..."lunatic taLKY chaplined nill.This "let me play kill the be to word you is this"the end.This so you are not "Art"known in "no no this is beef up cowgal net weave Im clever"idiot of living determined.- none.This"police is me I say saw..they were killed for music"press ponce to pill on killy words"its that exciting you joined payings even if you knew exampled idioce is not capable of any idea of any living be".
Certif1ed View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2004 at 02:17
Karma police
arrest this man,
he talks in maths,
he buzzes like a fridge,
he's like a detuned radio.
The Gravyman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie