Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArch/Matheos New Album in Sept.!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arch/Matheos New Album in Sept.!
    Posted: June 20 2011 at 17:25
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2011 at 04:50
Just found out John Arch and Jim Matheos will be releasing a full length album "Sympathetic Resonance" on September 13,I am very,very psyched for this,just check out the line up!

FATES WARNING/OSI guitarist Jim Matheos and former FATES WARNING singer John Arch are currently working together on a new full-length album, "Sympathetic Resonance", that will be released in NorthAmerica on September 13 via Metal Blade Records. The band, calledARCH/MATHEOS, began tracking the drums on January 12 and continued to record through mid-February with both John Arch and Jim Matheosproducing the album.

ARCH/MATHEOS features an all-
star lineup, including the talents ofJoey Vera (ARMORED SAINTANTHRAXFATES WARNINGSEVEN WITCHES) on bass, Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORDFATES WARNING,SEBASTIAN BACHRIOT) on drums, and Frank Aresti (FATES WARNING) on additional lead guitar.

Comments Matheos: "I think John and I work really well together. There's a lot of mutual respect and trust in what we do. But we're also both very critical of ourselves, and each other. This can make for a long and sometimes tedious process. But ultimately it's one I enjoy because I think it brings out the best in both of us." 

Adds Arch: "When I first heard some of the arrangements Jim had written and recorded, it took quite some time before I could wrap my mind around the odd time signatures and guitar work going on here. There are some long compositions, so putting anxiety and apprehension on the back burner it was time to dissect these numbers into digestible bits. After the lengthy process of lyrics and melodies, listening to the songs now, I can't imagine them any other way." 

In terms of the lyrical content on "Sympathetic Resonance"John Archnotes that "the lyrics this time around are more in line with [Arch's 2003 solo EP] 'A Twist Of Fate' and not of the mystical nature of some past albums."

ARCH/MATHEOS recording lineup:

John Arch (FATES WARNING) - Vocals
Jim Matheos (FATES WARNING, OSI) - Guitar
Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT, 
ANTHRAX, FATES WARNING, SEVEN WITCHES) - Bass
Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, FATES WARNING, SEBASTIAN BACH, RIOT) - Drums
Frank Aresti (FATES WARNING) - Additional Lead Guitar

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2011 at 18:19
Sorry admins,I didn't bother to do a search and didn't know there was an earlier,identical topic.

Post Reply Post Reply