Print Page | Close Window

Kate Bush - Lionheart (Revisited)

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
Forum Description: Make or seek recommendations and discuss specific prog albums
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=103806
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 11:02
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Kate Bush - Lionheart (Revisited)
Posted By: musepatrol
Subject: Kate Bush - Lionheart (Revisited)
Date Posted: August 23 2015 at 19:25
http://themusepatrol.com/2013/01/03/lost-treasures-kate-bush-lionheart-revisited/" rel="nofollow - lionheart-revisited/

Replies:
Posted By: micky
Date Posted: August 23 2015 at 20:32
lost treasure?  Hell all her albums were to me before my wife turned me on to her (in part) just in the last few years.

So yeah...I revisit it often... god I love that album. By far my favorite from her.  The first side is simply pure gold! Heart

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: August 23 2015 at 21:20
Mick, sometimes we have the weirdest taste parallels, QVL notwithstanding.  Lionheart is also, BY FAR, my favorite Kate Bush album.  If I could only keep one of hers, that would be the one. 

-------------

Posted By: hellogoodbye
Date Posted: August 23 2015 at 22:21
If Delius, on the next album, is probably my favorite song of Kate, Lionheart is very special for me too. It confirms that the singing of the whales was not a dream and that such a beauty really exists.

Date Posted: August 23 2015 at 22:26
Pierre, the whales indeed.  "Moving" has long been a favorite Kate track.  It is a breathtaking opening for the Hammersmith show.

-------------

Date Posted: August 23 2015 at 22:32
I agree completely, Jim.

Posted By: rogerthat
Date Posted: August 24 2015 at 01:41
For Symphony of Blue alone it's worth the price of admission. What a wondrous composition, a melody that zigzags very wildly though the effect is masked by her smooth delivery. My favourite is indeed Dreaming but Lionheart doesn't get its due.

Date Posted: August 24 2015 at 02:41

Kate Bush - Symphony In Blue (1979 Xmas Special)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sySgoCy0_AM

Posted By: paolo.beenees
Date Posted: August 24 2015 at 05:46
Every time I listen to "In Search of Peter Pan" I get totally moved. I'm surprised that the author of the review doesn't mention it (or "In the Warm Room").

-------------

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 24 2015 at 06:44
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Mick, sometimes we have the weirdest taste parallels, QVL notwithstanding.  Lionheart is also, BY FAR, my favorite Kate Bush album.  If I could only keep one of hers, that would be the one. 
Interesting, it was a bit of a rushed album and imo it's easily her least best. Still has some good tracks though, Hammer Horror is my favourite.

Date Posted: August 24 2015 at 20:58
Here's the tracklist.  So many gorgeous songs here, very consistent.  I used to like the first album better but the debut fades a bit in the second half while Lionheart doesn't.  She would get more daring through Dreaming, her most provocative work, but she wouldn't match these songs again for sheer heart and that wonder that youth brings to the table. 

1. Symphony in blue (3:05)
2. In search of Peter Pan (3:46)
3. Wow (3:46)
4. Don't push your foot on the heartbrake (4:00)
5. Oh England my lionheart (3:14)
6. Fullhouse (3:13)
7. In the warm room (3:37)
8. Kashka from Bagdad (3:54)
9. Coffee Homeground (3:39)
10. Hammer Horror (4:37)

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2015 at 00:40
If I remember well, Fullhouse was the B side of the Wow single. What a song ! The depth of the verses. The notes of her piano answering to her voice are simply wonderful. 

Posted By: rogerthat
Date Posted: August 25 2015 at 19:37
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Here's the tracklist.  So many gorgeous songs here, very consistent.  I used to like the first album better but the debut fades a bit in the second half while Lionheart doesn't.  She would get more daring through Dreaming, her most provocative work, but she wouldn't match these songs again for sheer heart and that wonder that youth brings to the table. 

1. Symphony in blue (3:05)
2. In search of Peter Pan (3:46)
3. Wow (3:46)
4. Don't push your foot on the heartbrake (4:00)
5. Oh England my lionheart (3:14)
6. Fullhouse (3:13)
7. In the warm room (3:37)
8. Kashka from Bagdad (3:54)
9. Coffee Homeground (3:39)
10. Hammer Horror (4:37)

Yeah, Lionheart has more depth than the debut.  The debut is really about two incredible songs - Moving and Wuthering Heights - and then some good ones and some boring ones.  Lionheart is great up to Fullhouse, kind of drops its level from thereon.  But even so, these songs are more complex than anything on Kick Inside.  

Date Posted: August 25 2015 at 21:05
^Pretty close to your view Roger...though i think it soars through Warm room, then a bit of a dip on 8-10.  Ends up a bit with HH.  And I definitely agree about Dreaming, it is her most mindbending stuff and my 2nd fave.

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2015 at 22:53
The truth is that I could not live without the first four kate's albums. I put them on my weeding list.

Date Posted: August 25 2015 at 22:56
Wedding list. Angry

Posted By: Svetonio
Date Posted: August 26 2015 at 06:28
One of the most beautiful English Art Rock albums without a doubt.

My fav track from the album (a video with a nice pics of her):

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk