Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=106679
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 08:55
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sagan om Ringen vs Mirage
Posted By: Icarium
Subject: Sagan om Ringen vs Mirage
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 09:56
Two of the most legendary albums whom both are dedicated to Tolkien, in some way more then the other, which is your favoured piece of album

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: micky
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 10:14
pfffff...  Mirage is a nice album.  ZERO comparison to the masterpiece that is the Lord of the Rings album.

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: ALotOfBottle
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 11:05
Mirage  all day. And LOTR is a masterpiece, but Mirage is one of my Top 5 albums. I voted Mirage, because I feel like "Both" option is aimless.

Posted By: progmatic
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 11:47
Mirage, without a doubt. Tops even my favorite Bo Hansson

-------------
PROGMATIC

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 11:49
Mirage by a wide margin.

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: Magnum Vaeltaja
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 11:49
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

pfffff...  Mirage is a nice album.  ZERO comparison to the masterpiece that is the Lord of the Rings album.

I'd have to switch the two around. The Bo Hansson one is a nice album but zero comparison to Mirage in my opinion. 

-------------
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents

Posted By: TeleStrat
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 12:16
Camel all the way on this one.

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 13:04
Mirage.

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 13:57
I have voted for Camel on all the polls, but I really like Bo Hansson, so maybe a "both" would have been a better choice.

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Posted By: akaBona
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 15:49
Mirage

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: May 08 2016 at 19:16
Camel again, again.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: May 09 2016 at 04:10
Sagan om Ringen for me even if Mirage used to be my absolute fave Camel release. I just don't listen to it anymore other than at get-togethers with old music friends of mine, where a certain someone always manages to sneak in The White Rider. 
Camel would've been so much more interesting to me if they'd found another singer. Latimer should never have been allowed to handle lead vocals.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: b_olariu
Date Posted: May 09 2016 at 05:43
Mirage - Camel, this time, my fav Camel album

Posted By: Mormegil
Date Posted: May 09 2016 at 06:08
Mirage gets the nod.

-------------
Welcome to the middle of the film.

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: May 09 2016 at 07:31
There are some Camel albums that could actually lose to Hansson but that's not the ones you're picking...

Posted By: The.Crimson.King
Date Posted: May 09 2016 at 11:58
Mirage is one of my top 10 prog albums of all time so get's the vote...

Once he wore grey...

-------------
https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown" rel="nofollow - Mutiny in Jonestown : Progressive Rock Since 1987

Posted By: Icarium
Date Posted: May 10 2016 at 04:05
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

There are some Camel albums that could actually lose to Hansson but that's not the ones you're picking...
that`s not your dessision to make which Camel album i desside which is most logical to pare with Bo Hansson, totaly mine. Aaand this is not for the interrest for the ressult, this is more my passionate and sneaky way to get more attention towards the most important swedish prog musician, whos legacy shall never be forgotten and whos sound is so unique everyone who call themselvs prog fan, should look into, more then just once. Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: May 10 2016 at 06:11
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

that`s not your dessision to make which Camel album i desside which is most logical to pare with Bo Hansson, totaly mine. Aaand this is not for the interrest for the ressult, this is more my passionate and sneaky way to get more attention towards the most important swedish prog musician, whos legacy shall never be forgotten and whos sound is so unique everyone who call themselvs prog fan, should look into, more then just once. Big smile

This was not meant as a criticism, of course you can do as you please. I was just speaking my mind innocently... actually you may even succeed in my case and get me to listen to a bit of Hansson which I did a lot when I was much younger but not recently.

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: May 10 2016 at 11:00
Never owned a copy of Lord of the Rings back in the day.....not too may friends at college listened to his albums.  But I did find a nice clean original copy on vinyl the other day at the local shop so I bought it.
Went home and played it while surfing the web....can't say it impressed me and now I know why not that many people I knew  in the old days were playing his albums.
Stern Smile

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: LittleBig
Date Posted: May 11 2016 at 02:26
Camel this time

Thanks again for these Camel vs Bo Hansson polls, I listened to 4 Hansson albums that I enjoyed a lot.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk