Forum Description: General progressive music discussions
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=106785
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 13:01
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Roger Waters The Wall Demo
Posted By: Saltychuck79
Subject: Roger Waters The Wall Demo
Date Posted: May 22 2016 at 18:40
I know that they released the majority (I don't know for sure) of Pink Floyd The Wall demos in the "Immersion Boxset". And there are quite a lot of interesting versions of songs and some unused songs... But, I thought the most unique part of the demos were the Roger Waters Excerpts. I assume some of these were the original ideas of the songs that he wrote and presented to the band. Sadly, (as great as they sounded) they were cut short. Only presented in the Boxset as excerpts. I think that this was terrible, considering they were the most interesting part of the rerelease. Anyway, I've been rambling on this for awhile. But, do you think that whoever is in charge with Pink Floyd recordings, will ever release the full demos of The Wall by Roger?

Thanks.

-------------
As the dust settles, see our dreams, all coming true, it depends on you...

Replies:
Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: May 22 2016 at 21:40
No, I don't think so.

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 00:49
Not before Roger passes away.

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Posted By: silverpot
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 09:07
It's entirely up to Roger and I don't think it's in his interest to release the original demos. They would be too revealing. LOL

Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 09:19
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

No, I don't think so.
Agreed. When David Gilmour took control of the band, all Waters influence and contributions went to the back seat.

Posted By: silverpot
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 12:43
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

No, I don't think so.
Agreed. When David Gilmour took control of the band, all Waters influence and contributions went to the back seat.

Wrong.
In the divorce Roger got complete custody of everything concerning The Wall. It's his to do what ever he likes with, although he has to pay Gilmour some royalties of course. Wink

In everything else, they are four equal share holders, with one vote each on every matter concerning the band's material.

Posted By: KingCrInuYasha
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 14:52
Originally posted by Saltychuck79 Saltychuck79 wrote:

I know that they released the majority (I don't know for sure) of Pink Floyd The Wall demos in the "Immersion Boxset". And there are quite a lot of interesting versions of songs and some unused songs... But, I thought the most unique part of the demos were the Roger Waters Excerpts. I assume some of these were the original ideas of the songs that he wrote and presented to the band. Sadly, (as great as they sounded) they were cut short. Only presented in the Boxset as excerpts. I think that this was terrible, considering they were the most interesting part of the rerelease. Anyway, I've been rambling on this for awhile. But, do you think that whoever is in charge with Pink Floyd recordings, will ever release the full demos of The Wall by Roger?

Thanks.

What do you think are the highlights? Are there any tunes you think were better than the ones on The Wall or given an interesting spin?

-------------
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!

Posted By: Saltychuck79
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 16:10
Out of the band demos I certainly like Teacher Teacher and the three parts of Is There Anybody Out There. Also, the extra bridge of lyrics in one version of The Show Must Go On is pretty awesome! As for the Roger Waters excerpts... None of them rival the actual release of The Wall, but it is still very interesting to hear the music in its rawest form.

-------------
As the dust settles, see our dreams, all coming true, it depends on you...

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 21:47
Originally posted by silverpot silverpot wrote:

Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

No, I don't think so.

Wrong.
In the divorce Roger got complete custody of everything concerning The Wall. It's his to do what ever he likes with, although he has to pay Gilmour some royalties of course. Wink

In everything else, they are four equal share holders, with one vote each on every matter concerning the band's material.

I don't think Waters himself would be willing to release anything else from The Wall demos than what was already chosen for the last campaign. I believe got everything he thought was worth showing.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk