Print Page | Close Window

Roger Waters New Album May 2017

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, prog music news and other interesting things happening in the world of progressive music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=110304
Printed Date: April 16 2024 at 08:02
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Roger Waters New Album May 2017
Posted By: AZF
Subject: Roger Waters New Album May 2017
Date Posted: February 18 2017 at 15:56
"Is This The Life We Really Want".
Scheduled for May 2017.

Very good chance I won't make any of his shows. But buy the album? Oh yes!

I would provide a link, but just enter the album title into any search engine of your choice and choose from either Rolling Stone or Classic Rock Magazine for more information.
And apologies to the PA mods if a thread like this already exists.

Replies:
Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: February 18 2017 at 20:29
So it's finally coming out. I think he's been saying he would release his new album for near 15 years now... since he was in the "In the Flesh" tour (the solo one, I believe the Animals tour with Pink Floyd was also called "In the Flesh"). He did two yet unreleased songs on that tour ("Each Small Candle" and "Flickering Flame") that were suposed to be part of his next album... then on the next tour he did another new song "Leaving Beirut". I wonder if any of these ones will see their studio release now.

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: February 18 2017 at 20:59
He kicks ass live -

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: February 19 2017 at 23:54
Wasn't it to be released in September 2014 last time?

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: February 20 2017 at 00:10
This new recording has been proposed so many times over the years...so when I'm actually holding it in my hands - only THEN will I believe it exists!

Posted By: Darious
Date Posted: February 20 2017 at 00:48
I can wait another three years or more. I am not in rush for anything from Waters, to be honest.

-------------
Writing about truth is a little bit like getting your dick out in public and hoping no one laughs (Steve Hogarth)

Posted By: Cambus741
Date Posted: February 20 2017 at 03:45
Can't wait to get my mitts on this.
Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut, Hitch Hiking, Radio KAOS, Amused to Death are all such great albums.
Itching for some more

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: February 20 2017 at 05:52
I have too many reservations about Rog's recent activities to make a reservation.

-------------

Date Posted: February 20 2017 at 10:04
I have heard the few orphan songs of his. But I think we could be getting bite size Roger!
In the interviews Roger said the producer asked him how long Dark Side Of The Moon was.
And I enjoyed seeing pictures of Roger playing his Bass in the studio. Normally you see him with an acoustic guitar.
It's clearly going to be his final studio album elephant in the room addressed.

Posted By: RoadLASER
Date Posted: February 20 2017 at 11:46
As far as I know, the new CD will be released after the American tour in the autumn of 2017

Posted By: Fredholmes
Date Posted: February 23 2017 at 07:28
How confirmed is this ?

Date Posted: February 23 2017 at 07:37
Originally posted by Fredholmes Fredholmes wrote:

How confirmed is this ?

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-10-14/roger-waters-explains-next-album-concept?ns_type=hidden&ns_campaign=dontmiss&ns_linkname=roger-waters-explains-next-album-concept&ns_articleCount=4&ns_articlePosition=2" rel="nofollow - http://teamrock.com/news/2016-10-14/roger-waters-explains-next-album-concept?ns_type=hidden&ns_campaign=dontmiss&ns_linkname=roger-waters-explains-next-album-concept&ns_articleCount=4&ns_articlePosition=2

Posted By: mlkpad14
Date Posted: February 23 2017 at 07:48
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

I have too many reservations about Rog's recent activities to make a reservation.

Same, he no longer deserves our money. He's become a disgusting person when not performing and in the studio.

I might not even look it up on YouTube. I can honestly care less about his work at this point.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: February 24 2017 at 10:23
I'm in.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: February 24 2017 at 10:39
will be good.

-------------

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: February 24 2017 at 11:28
Auto purchase.

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: February 24 2017 at 17:02
I just saw a preview for a Roger Waters Live movie at, of all things, The Great Wall .

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Posted By: Gully Foyle
Date Posted: March 07 2017 at 06:25
Having paid no attention to what on earth he's been up to, save for vaguely knowing he tours big shows flogging the work of his old band - whats so off-putting? 

Date Posted: March 08 2017 at 02:17
Originally posted by Gully Foyle Gully Foyle wrote:

Having paid no attention to what on earth he's been up to, save for vaguely knowing he tours big shows flogging the work of his old band - whats so off-putting? 

Roger back on Bass and this might be a spoiler but there's strong rumours the album doesn't feature many guitar solos. The instrumental clips (Two so far on Roger's Facebook page) suggest we're really going to get the closest thing to a Floyd album, more so than The (Still excellent to me!) Endless River and the good but inoffensive "Rattle That Pick" Gilmour solo album!

Is it back to Roger supporting Palestine that's causing the hesitation? That affects the finished product and his music... How again?
And do the same Roger haters apply the same standards to others in their record collection such as (The unfortunate and at least it's more looked down now) musicians who have beat women etc?
(At least not many of those make Prog! )

Date Posted: April 20 2017 at 16:31
New album pushed back to June, but you can pre-order from tomorrow.
Doesn't go into that much detail, but it's a tracklist at least.
I think this could be his best album yet!
Roll on June!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/roger-waters-details-first-album-in-25-years-w477833

Date Posted: April 20 2017 at 18:44
June of which year?

-------------

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: April 20 2017 at 19:11
I'll need to hear samples before I commit, though I am going to see his show in the fall.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: April 20 2017 at 23:55
I have to say that the 'teaser' snippet sounded a bit weak (especially the drum sound, if it's even real drums ??). What happened to the dude who created Several Species and played righteous bass in Pompeii ??

Date Posted: April 21 2017 at 02:38
Pink Floyd Tribute Band Member:
This gigs going well! Wait a minute! Roger Waters has just got up from he audience and started singing!

Another Pink Floyd Tribute Band Member:
Just do as he says! He could murder us all!

https://youtu.be/PEh7Ip4yvH8

"Smell The Roses" sounds corny for the first few minutes, but then from 2.20 something happens that if spread across the whole album, would make it the best thing Roger has ever done!
And June 2017!

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: April 21 2017 at 02:49
Why not embed the YT right away??

It avoids us to have to go to the Evil-Google owned YT pages

This is rather very promising too. StarClap

Date Posted: April 21 2017 at 03:04
Well, the last three minutes are really a nice listen Approve.

-------------

Date Posted: April 21 2017 at 03:59
Anyone tried the slowed down version of Several Species.........??   Some of the evilest, trippiest freaky sounds ever committed to tape - by a f.ucking GENIUS.

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: April 21 2017 at 04:01
Slowed down how? Not having a 16rpm turntable...

Try the Hare Krshna LPs at 78RPM instead, they rock!! I have one in which Claudio Rocchi was playing the sitar.

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Date Posted: April 21 2017 at 04:22
^ Check YouTube (I'm so lame, I can't link anything...)
Someone (there's actually 2) slowed down Several Species. It sounds beyond evil !!
Actually, hats off to Roger for multi-tracking all manner of vocalising and random sounds he'd made and blended up to form the piece. It is a very 'difficult' listen, always has been, always will be, but an incredible amount of effort and creativity went in to the piece. A masterpiece of Avant-Garde if there ever was one.
But this new song from him seems like a totally 'different' Rog to the guy I've held in high esteem for a lifetime...Sorry
Having said that - I flipped when I heard It's A Miracle back in '92. I thought he nailed it (whatever 'it' is) with that one.

Date Posted: April 21 2017 at 10:00
Smell The Roses smells like crap to me........doesn't have me hangin' for the album at all.......

Date Posted: April 21 2017 at 13:02
Nice.

-------------

Date Posted: May 04 2017 at 12:24
This could undo everything but, The Telegraph has an interview with Roger. You have to sign up to the paper to read it. So I just made a free account and copied and pasted, then deleted the related (IE: Completely unrelated) Music related links underneath.
Steady yourself! Contains opinions on former band members that might make you laugh, recoil in horror or be too stunned to process!

Quote Pink Floyd's Roger Waters: ‘Dave Gilmour and I will never be mates’ - interview

Roger Waters

Neil McCormick, music critic
4 MAY 2017 • 7:00AM
For someone who preaches peace and love, Roger Waters picks a lot of fights. The 73-year-old, who regularly speaks out against far-Right politicians and “greedy” corporations, has been feuding with former Pink Floyd bandmate Dave Gilmour for more than 30 years and revels in stirring arguments.

“Of course I’m belligerent,” announces the four-time divorcee when we meet in a recording studio in New York. Considering the dedicated way in which he has pursued his vendetta against Gilmour, I suppose this shouldn’t come as a surprise. But, with millions in his bank account and a major Pink Floyd retrospective about to open at the V&A Museum in London, to which Waters has given his blessing, I had assumed he might have mellowed.

Not a bit of it.

“Dave and I are not mates, we never were and I doubt we ever will be,” he says. “Which is fine, there’s no reason why we should be.” The exhibition, called Their Mortal Remains, promises to be a real blockbuster, in the vein of the V&A’s 2013 David Bowie show, revealing more than 350 artefacts, from hand-written lyrics to musical instruments, original artwork and the band’s famous inflatable stage props.

Waters says he is happy about the exhibition but, during a discussion about the relative values placed on lyrics, melody and arrangement in his songwriting, it becomes obvious that he still bears a grudge about the way he was treated by the band and, in particular, the way they dismissed his musical abilities.

“The music is hugely important to me,” he says. “It may sound daft to say, but over the years I maybe haven’t taken quite enough credit for it. I think the idea that Rick [Wright, keyboard player] and David particularly tried to sell me in the band, when I was a young man, was that I was a bit of a headmaster but I shouldn’t bother myself with music because I wasn’t musical. It’s absolute crap. I’m twice the musician either of those guys ever were. I just am. I’ve got it. It’s in me.”

The public can assess this claim for themselves next month, when Waters releases his first solo album for 25 years. Is This the Life We Really Want? is a politically charged concept album on which Waters rails against warmongering governments, mourns the plight of refugees, calls Donald Trump a nincompoop and generally vents his spleen at the inequalities of the modern world.

“I recognise a theme that I keep returning to, in all my work since Echoes (from Pink Floyd’s Meddle in 1971). It’s an obsessive belief in a humanity that we share, which makes it possible for me to empathise with you, whoever you are. But for some of us, it’s so deeply buried that we will never touch it.

“President Trump, there’s no way he’ll ever empathise with anybody. If you talk about love to him, it would be like talking Swahili – he couldn’t understand it. But I still believe it’s there. I’m in love with the idea that there is no ‘us and them’.”

Waters’s forthcoming tour is named Us + Them after the classic song from Dark Side of the Moon. It kicks off in America at the end of May. His previous tour of The Wall is the highest-ever grossing by a solo musician. Apparently, Trump attended a show at Madison Square Garden in 2010, but left at the interval. “So he saw the wall being built but didn’t wait for it to be torn down.”

The album’s tone veers between elegiac sorrow, righteous anger and world-weary cynicism, in a sonic landscape of vast synths, shimmering acoustic guitars and cavernous drums, all linked by odd tape loops and Waters’s dry, elliptical narration. It is hugely reminiscent of Floyd’s classic Seventies work, from Dark Side of the Moon to The Wall. Waters ascribes this to the input of Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich.

“He’s a fan. I think he would admit this is a sort of homage. All the found voices and sound effects were made using analogue tape loops. It’s been 50 years since I saw anybody try that. I love the random nature of it. You know, we were doing it in the Floyd way back in 1969. We would arrive at a point in the show and have a little transistor radio on the stage, put a microphone in front of it, stop playing and turn it on. Just go and make a cup of tea.”

Interestingly, Waters turns out not to be a fan of Radiohead, a group many see as carrying on Floyd’s experimental mantle. “I find it sort of impenetrable. I like my rock’n’roll to be very direct. I don’t want to be digging around trying to figure out the meaning.”

For someone with so much to say, it is interesting to consider that Waters’s songwriting career came about by accident. When Pink Floyd formed in 1965, Waters was the bassist, content to follow childhood friend Syd Barrett’s lead. Following the release of their debut album, The Piper at the Gate of Dawn in 1967, Barrett’s descent into drug-induced psychosis led to the recruitment of guitarist Gilmour and the departure of their founder.

“When Syd went crazy, either we gave up or somebody started writing. So it was a matter of necessity. You can’t have a band without songs, however crappy they might be. And there are a huge number of bands out there who have writers who are useless. Frankly, most rock’n’roll is awful.”

Waters and Gilmour shared vocal duties, and all four members (with Rick Wright and drummer Nick Mason) contributed musically. But as time went on, Waters increasingly took the creative reins, leading to growing resentments and disagreement. When Waters quit in 1985, “I hoped that was the end of Floyd.” Waters sued his bandmates to stop them using the name – a decision about which he will now shrug and frankly say: “I was wrong.” Although the quartet reunited to headline Live8 in 2005, there has never been any realistic possibility of rapprochement.

Wright died in 2008. Mason, however, remains close to all parties and was key to facilitating the V&A exhibition.

“I love Nick. And he loves me. We were always close. But you can be creative without being friends. David and I did a lot of really great work together, which wouldn’t exist without both of us being there.”

Floyd released three albums after Waters departed (A Momentary Lapse of Reason in 1986, The Division Bell in 1994 and 2016’s final posthumous Rick Wright album, The Endless River). Waters claims to have heard only bits and pieces. “I’m just not really interested. It’s not my business to be judging any of that.”

When it came to mounting an exhibition, he says there was “a little bit of negotiation about what should happen. I’ve always been a bit lairy about what I did with Pink Floyd being mixed up with the later version I had nothing to do with. But that’s all sorted. They’re in different rooms.”

And will he take the time to examine those rooms when he visits the exhibition? “I think you have to go through them to get out. That’s how it’s designed. I don’t think you can skip it,” Waters laughs. “That’s fine. Whatever. There is no escape.”

Is This the Life We Really Want? is released by Columbia on June 2. Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains opens at the V&A Museum, London SW7, on May 13. Click here for more information.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/pink-floyds-roger-watersdave-gilmour-will-never-mates-interview/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_em

Date Posted: May 04 2017 at 21:20
Waters twice the musician Gilmour and Wright were? He's got a huge ego. Yeah, he plays bass well enough, but nowhere nearly as special as Gilmour on guitar or Wright on keyboards. And as far as songwriting goes, yeah, he's done some incredible songs... but so has Gilmour and Wright (let's remember, as far as I understand, Wright was the main writer for Echoes, which many consider the best Floyd song)... so, at the best, I would say Waters was equal to the other two as far as songwriting goes. And it's still obvious that their best work was when they worked together.

Posted By: Thatfabulousalien
Date Posted: May 04 2017 at 23:44
Roger hasn't really evolved musically in the last 40 years at all has he? 

-------------
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325

Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 00:00
Originally posted by Thatfabulousalien Thatfabulousalien wrote:

Roger hasn't really evolved musically in the last 40 years at all has he? 
He has evolved - downwards.......
When I was a teen, Waters was a bass GOD to me. Now he's the bloody nincompoop. So disappointing.

Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 02:28
Well, well... As far as I'm informed Twice the Musician had his bass taken over by David Gilmour when it came to playing the more difficult parts. He may be the better songwriter, but as musicians David and Rick are above him.

Anyway, I hope that his new album won't be filled with BDS-pallycrap which I can't stand.

-------------

Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 02:45
Oh my GOD - STOP THE PRESSES!!!! Roger has a problem with Dave Gilmour?! This staggering piece of information is all brand new and shocking!!

For f**k's sake, Rog...just when you think he's a bitter tired old man, he somehow proves that he's an even MORE of a bitter and tired old man.

Rog likes to think that he's the `real' Floyd, but it wasn't him playing all those majestic guitar solos, offering warmer singing and crafting rambling self-indulgent lyrics into more melodic and approachable shape. Sure, when you're a younger fella it's easy to jump on the whole Rog bandwagon because he had the edgier approach than Gilmour, he wrote more `controversial' and weightier material, etc, but he sure never had the impeccable musician skills, keen melodic ear, stronger voice and humanity that made Gilmour stand out, and when you grow up a bit and get bored with Rog's endless weary and stuffy blunt dismissals and arrogance, you appreciate Gilmour's efforts that little bit more.

Let's hope this album delivers something decent...I'm honestly surprised he roped in Nigel Godrich to produce the album which may suggest it will have some interesting stuff going on around creaky Rog. I kind of assumed the album would be full of strained ol' Rog batting away simply on an acoustic guitar - urgh...

Posted By: Meltdowner
Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 02:57
Quote I’m twice the musician either of those guys ever were. I just am. I’ve got it. It’s in me.
LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 03:02
f**king CensoredPigCensored Captcha

AngryThumbs DownAngryOuchDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Lost another long post, because I forgot to copy before sending and that bloody robot-searck screwed up - as usual (asking for mountains and wanting you to also check hills)

MAX, JS: can you please get rid of this frigghing crap, PLEASE!!!

Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 03:32
^ Waters should make a concept album about Captchas, to raise awareness of a true modern world problem.

Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 03:46
He'd probably just make it dreary and bat on about for thirty-plus years as well, Sam

Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 03:56
^ Yeah, when no one remembers what a captcha is Tongue

Craaaaazy
These tests for robots make me craaaaazy LOL

Date Posted: May 05 2017 at 04:32
Well at least Roger has answered the question "Are Radiohead Prog?"!

Maybe the band have always hated each other and the veil has been lifted? I love the pure Spinal Tap of the post-Waters work being in a separate room and you have to go through it to reach the exit of the exhibition!
Good chance I'll buy the album, but take Roger seriously? Well, not really.
But that interview was funny. Not as great as "Who The Hell Does Roger Waters Think He Is?" interview in Q in the early 90's. But close enough!

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: May 07 2017 at 14:42
Ticket prices for the show in Detroit (the Palace of Auburn Hills) are absolutely obscene. Nose bleed seats (third tier) are over $80 and good main floor seats run from $400 to almost $600. I don't need to see him that bad. I'll just pleasantly recall the 1977 In the Flesh tour where seats were $12.50. That's what parking costs now. Censored

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Date Posted: May 07 2017 at 15:01
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Ticket prices for the show in Detroit (the Palace of Auburn Hills) are absolutely obscene. Nose bleed seats (third tier) are over $80 and good main floor seats run from $400 to almost $600. I don't need to see him that bad. I'll just pleasantly recall the 1977 In the Flesh tour where seats were $12.50. That's what parking costs now. Censored

IMHO, waste of money.
Nothing new. All this we heard 30 years ago.

Date Posted: May 08 2017 at 04:41
OK so from the two songs released it's clearly a greatest hits album re-written with new Roger lyrics and singing? OK! Where do I sign? I may be an idiot for wanting to buy this, but I'm not that much of one if I wouldn't dream of seeing him live! See a musician live instead for a lower price! However I'm still an idiot for not being able to suss how to embed videos into the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf7kMaurLZk

Date Posted: May 08 2017 at 04:47
Originally posted by RoadLASER RoadLASER wrote:

IMHO, waste of money.

Quite an increase since the first gig I attended (Pink Floyd, Animals tour, 19 Feb 1977). I paid ƒ25,= ($12,43 today) for a ticket. Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2017 at 05:03
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

However I'm still an idiot for not being able to suss how to embed videos into the forum.

LOLLOLLOL

2 steps
http://vfl.ru/fotos/dbd172bf16102081.html" rel="nofollow">

http://vfl.ru/fotos/7e2a676116102096.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: May 08 2017 at 06:26

IMHO, waste of money.

Seems to work fine for plenty of bands, if the music is good I'll buy it.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: May 08 2017 at 20:13
So a new song has been released already. I have actually been rather underwhelmed by the two songs he has shown already... they just don't hold a candle to Gilmour's last album, which I found really enjoyable (overall, my favourite Gilmour solo album so far). I wonder if he'll have better songs within the rest of the album (though he's suposed to choose the better ones to release first, shouldn't he?). Now, I also wonder why didn't he include the songs he has written since Amused to Death that have not been released on a Studio album yet? OK, Flickering Flame and Leaving Beirut left me rather underwhelmed too (though I did like the lyrics and acompanig video from Leaving Beirut when he played it live), but Each Small Candle is one of his very best songs as far as I'm concerned. But so far, this new album seems bound to be rather uninspired, unless the rest of the songs end up being much more interesting than these two.

Date Posted: May 08 2017 at 23:12
Seems EVERYTHING Rog has done since Amused To Death has been underwhelming.
More and more I prefer Roger the bassist, not Roger the song-writer (even though he composed some phenomenal material in the past).

Posted By: silverpot
Date Posted: May 09 2017 at 09:10
I'm not impressed by anything he's doe on his own, to be honest, so I shouldn't be disappointed by these new songs. But I am.

Date Posted: May 09 2017 at 21:28
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Seems EVERYTHING Rog has done since Amused To Death has been underwhelming.
More and more I prefer Roger the bassist, not Roger the song-writer (even though he composed some phenomenal material in the past).

Well, he has done just about nothing since Amused to Death... except touring a lot (oh well, and writing an Opera, but I don't think many of his fans really give much thought about it). And some new songs played on his shows (I remember 3... perhaps up to 4... I don't think it's more than 5). Perhaps his problem has been his obsession about making concept albums... perhaps if he concentrated in just writing good songs and not worring about the overall concept to link them together he might have finished something much sooner.

Posted By: Thatfabulousalien
Date Posted: May 10 2017 at 00:58
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

OK so from the two songs released it's clearly a greatest hits album re-written with new Roger lyrics and singing? 

Yes, I've heard them too. He's at the point of rehashing stuff he's already written, though there are plenty of bands that have been doing that for years anyway. 

-------------
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: May 10 2017 at 03:52
Heh...I was going into this new track of Roger's fearing the worst. What a nice surprise it was to hear Floyd riffs up the wazoo and even a small musical break with synths and a follow-up guitar bit. Well shiver me timbers!!!
Now we just need Roger to shut up from time to time and we've got a real album coming our way.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Kepler62
Date Posted: May 10 2017 at 04:22
I dunno.

Date Posted: May 11 2017 at 12:13
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

IMHO, <span id="result_" ="short_text"="" lang="en"><span ="alt-edited"="">waste of money. </span></span>
<span id="result_" ="short_text"="" lang="en"><span>Nothing new.</span> <span =""="">All this we heard 30 years ago.</span></span>

Quite an increase since the first gig I attended (Pink Floyd, Animals tour, 19 Feb 1977). I paid ƒ25,= ($12,43 today) for a ticket. Shocked

and money became king.

-------------

Date Posted: May 11 2017 at 12:30
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

and money became king.

You are absolutely right. 38 years to sing The Wall is a very hard work - this requires a very good pay LOL

Date Posted: May 17 2017 at 07:57
First review in from Uncut magazine sales pitches:

Uncut magazine

"With precision timing, Waters' first rock album in 25 years arrives during a period of significant global unrest. Accordingly, Is This The Life...documents rendition, torture and drone strikes while songs are populated by refugees, a leader "with no f**king brains" and clandestine secret committees. To bring these ominous reports to life, Waters and producer Nigel Godrich have assembled a band (including Jonathan Wilson) who are ciphers for the best of Waters sound. There is expansive, ambient backing, linked by sound collages, while "When We Were Young" shares the rolling piano and acoustic strum of "Wish You Were Here" and the synth blasts on "Picture That" recall "Welcome to the Machine". A final suite of three songs - "Wait For Her", "Oceans Apart" and "Part of me Died" - offer a more intimate perspective; a warm, optimistic coda to Waters' apocalyptic reveries".

8/10. Michael Bonner.

Wow! Still sold on it.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk