Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121520
Printed Date: May 20 2024 at 00:31
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Psychedelicatessen
Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Subject: Psychedelicatessen
Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 14:36

Tune In, Turn On & Drop Out to all of your psychedelic favourites from the flower power era. Heart

Where should we begin? I know..... "Let's Go To San Francisco" where it all began. Smile

Replies:
Posted By: Fischman
Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 14:51
Jefferson Airplane - Lather

https://youtu.be/vO-J7F4vPtg" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/vO-J7F4vPtg

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 14:52

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 14:54

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 14:57

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 14:59
^^ I Love the 17-minute-long version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (In the Garden of Eden) with the amazing drum solo. Here's an old black & white video of Iron Butterfly performing Live on Danish TV in 1971.....

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 15:02

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 15:24
What the hell...I'm on a roll.

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 15:31
I'm on a roll too. Smile This is Iron Butterfly performing Live in a 1999 reunion concert.

Posted By: Snicolette
Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 17:28
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

What the hell...I'm on a roll.

I love SF Sorrow!

-------------
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 17:33
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

I love SF Sorrow!

Of course you do. You have taste and discernment. How about this....

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 18:04

I love SF Sorrow!

Of course you do. You have taste and discernment. How about this....

That was quite fun...their LP used to occasionally come across the counter (talk about counterculture!) when I was the psych buyer at a Santa Cruz store in the 80's.  Interesting that Stuart Brotman (ex Kaleidoscope) worked for a time with them.....they also played The Ash Grove as well as the Kaleidoscope.  The track you offered is QUITE the bit of psychedelia!  :)

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 18:35
Captain Beefheart with a young Ry Cooder on an amazing album. In 1966? Insane!

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 19:51

Oh, and I missed your HP Lovecraft post!  Most excellent, Sir Elf.  Mae Govannen.  Smile

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 20:04

Oh, and I missed your HP Lovecraft post!  Most excellent, Sir Elf.  Mae Govannen.  Smile

Suilad mellon nin. Annon allen. 

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 20:11
I will be honest, I only know the Elvish greeting.  My son, however, did study the Elvish languages (and I have another friend who is fluent, as well as in several other human languages).  Nonetheless, impressive if you can "speak," Elvish.  :)

-------------

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 20:56
love the SF scene.. and some of all my alltime favs from that scene..

but nothing.. nothing beats the holy trinity of psychedelia... 

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 20:58
I think this by HP Lovecraft is wonderfully indicative of the psychedelic sound.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhs7L9ldsvE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhs7L9ldsvE

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2019 at 21:25

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 00:43

I will be honest, I only know the Elvish greeting.  My son, however, did study the Elvish languages (and I have another friend who is fluent, as well as in several other human languages).  Nonetheless, impressive if you can "speak," Elvish.  :)

Enya recorded some of her songs in the language of the elves, which she calls the Loxian language. Smile

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 02:03
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Enya recorded some of her songs in the language of the elves, which she calls the Loxian language. Smile
Actually, Enya's Loxian songs are not in Elvish. Loxian is a language developed by Roma Ryan, Enya's lyricist.

Enya sang two songs in Tolkien's Elvish languages for the The Fellowship of the Ring, "Aniron" which is sang entirely in Sindarin, and "May It Be", which has Quenyan (or High Elvish) phrases as part of the lyrics.

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 02:22
^^ Thanks for posting. I Love Enya. Heart

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 02:27
Originally posted by Fischman Fischman wrote:

It remains a mystery why Grace Slick lathered herself in black make-up to perform "Lather" Smile

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 07:45

Actually, Enya's Loxian songs are not in Elvish. Loxian is a language developed by Roma Ryan, Enya's lyricist.

Enya sang two songs in Tolkien's Elvish languages for the The Fellowship of the Ring, "Aniron" which is sang entirely in Sindarin, and "May It Be", which has Quenyan (or High Elvish) phrases as part of the lyrics.

I love Enya and also, her sister, Maire (Moya) Brennan, recorded some lovely music, I particularly love her "Misty Eyed Adventures," record.  Those pieces used in The Fellowship are just achingly gorgeous.  Here is the track I heard in a clothing shop in Boulder that made me ask who that was, so I could get the recording of Maire Brennan's:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXdpoFvtHps" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXdpoFvtHps

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 07:46

It remains a mystery why Grace Slick lathered herself in black make-up to perform "Lather" Smile
  I think this was for a TV show, they may have asked her to do that, or she may have wanted to eschew tv makeup, who knows?  Anyway, another song that gives me chills, in a good way.  :)

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 07:58
One of my favourite Jefferson Airplane videos is this performance of "White Rabbit"  from the Smothers Brothers TV show.....

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 08:23
Some of my favorite farthest trips psych of the 60s

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 08:55
^^ WOW! Over two hours long! That's a LONG psychedelic freak out. Smile

Posted By: dwill123
Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 09:12

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 09:16
On the one hand, there is "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by The United States Of America:

and on the other hand, there is the cover version of "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by Snakefinger, which I prefer:

In this version, the psychedelia has been replaced with something more sinister.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 09:20
^^ The United States of America are a great band and a great country too! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 14:17
QUICKSILVER MESSENGER SERVICE - Full Concert at Winterland in San Francisco (1975) 

Date Posted: November 17 2019 at 17:01
The spoken word was also an aspect of psychedelia that disappeared from rock by the time the 70s came along. Here are 3 great ones...

-------------

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 16:56
ARTHUR LEE & LOVE - Live at Glastonbury (2003)

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 17:44
That was a wonderful show (I was not in attendance, but have seen the whole thing), so glad they caught it for us to enjoy forever.  And more again.

-------------

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 19:03

That was a wonderful show (I was not in attendance, but have seen the whole thing), so glad they caught it for us to enjoy forever.  And more again.

I'm looking forward to watching Arthur Lee & Love performing at Glastonbury again. Sadly, Arthur Lee died three years later in 2006 at the age of 61.

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 19:18
Yes, he died in Memphis, not far from where I was living in Nashville at the time.  Thinking of the Prog in Unexpected Places (I think that's the name of the thread), I was working at the Nashville Whole Foods Market and a fairly young person came through my line with a tattoo of the Love logo on his arm.  I asked him why he chose that tattoo.  He said his older brother had died and that was his favourite band, he commemorated his brother with the tattoo.  

-------------

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 19:21
Let's not forget acoustic psych....

-------------

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 19:31

Yes, he died in Memphis, not far from where I was living in Nashville at the time.  Thinking of the Prog in Unexpected Places (I think that's the name of the thread), I was working at the Nashville Whole Foods Market and a fairly young person came through my line with a tattoo of the Love logo on his arm.  I asked him why he chose that tattoo.  He said his older brother had died and that was his favourite band, he commemorated his brother with the tattoo.  

I rediscovered Psychedelic Rock after I went online in 2010. I was too young to know much about it in the Summer of Love year of 1967, as I was only 7 or 8 years old at the time. Before 2010, the only two Psychedelic Rock bands I was aware of were The Doors & Jefferson Airplane. Now though, I have album covers by well over 400 Psychedelic Rock bands in my database, with all sorts of weird and wonderful names, like The Five Day Week Straw People, for instance, or the equally bizarre-sounding Orange Alabaster Mushroom, to name just two. Smile

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 19:31

My favourite Tim Buckley LP!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 19:35

Wow! Tim Buckley. I have his first five albums in a box set, including his very strange and experimental "Lorca" album, which was a complete departure from his earlier Psych-Folk albums.

It might be worth creating a whole new thread for weird and wonderful Psych-Folk too, as that's another genre I'm really into, along with Psychedelic Soul and Psychedelic Pop too, or just about anything psychedelic at all really, apart from drugs. Wink

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 19:39

I rediscovered Psychedelic Rock after I went online in 2010. I was too young to know much about it in the Summer of Love year of 1967, as I was only 7 or 8 years old at the time. Before 2010, the only two Psychedelic Rock bands I was aware of were The Doors & Jefferson Airplane. Now though, I have album covers by well over 400 Psychedelic Rock bands in my database, with all sorts of weird and wonderful names, like The Five Day Week Straw People, for instance, or the equally bizarre-sounding Orange Alabaster Mushroom, to name just two. Smile
  People will get tired of my story.  I was born in 1958, but my sisters were 7 and 8 years older and my mother loved music as well, so there was a wide variety played in my home, from the time I could remember (and way before).  My sisters worked at The Bank in Torrance, CA, they passed out posters up on Sunset and Hollywood Blvd for free admission to shows, The Bank booked many of the same bands as The Fillmore up north of us.  I was exposed at a young age to all of the popular (and underground) music of the time and my sisters had very eclectic taste.  I was poring over album covers, reading liner notes and reading hippie newspapers as much as I was poring over books, of all of the psych bands as they were emerging, and also the earlier ones like The Seeds, Love, etc.  We spent every summer on the way to my great aunt's ranch in Mendocino, and on the way always stopped in San Francisco, and explored the Haight from 1966 onwards each year.  So I remember it all very clearly, being so young.  Many people think it was all about drugs and, yes, there was that element.  But it was about a lot more and was truly an intellectual endeavour as well, until greedy people got involved.

-------------

Date Posted: November 18 2019 at 19:47
The only two Psychedelic Rock songs I'd heard before I went online in 2010 were "Light My Fire" and "Riders on the Storm" by The Doors. I don't ever remember anything by Jefferson Airplane ever being played on the radio. I only heard "White Rabbit" and "Somebody To Love" for the first time after I went out and bought a 2-CD Jefferson Airplane Greatest Hits album about 20 years ago, but I've since bought all of their studio albums and all of the albums by The Doors too, apart from the last two albums which The Doors made after Jim Morrison died in a Paris hotel room in July 1971.

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 14:12
THE DOORS - Live at the Hollywood Bowl (1968)

Posted By: tamijo_II
Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 14:21
Savage Rose on Danish TV late 60's 

-------------
Same person as this profile:
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=22524" rel="nofollow - Tamijo

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 14:46
This one often gets overlooked......because they weren't a psych band....

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 14:56
One of my favorite obscure psych lp's from the old days...

-------------
Haquin

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 15:05
^^ I love that album! Gandalf is one of the first albums I ordered from Amazon, back in 2011.

Posted By: Fischman
Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 15:28
Just curious.  Did you know that "Psychedelicatessen" is also the title of a 1994 release by the British progressive metal band Threshold?

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 15:35

Just curious.  Did you know that "Psychedelicatessen" is also the title of a 1994 release by the British progressive metal band Threshold?

No, I didn't know that. Psychedelicatessen was the name of an online radio station that played non-stop Psychedelic Rock, but sadly, the website now appears to have gone permanently offline. Confused

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 15:41
A UK psych classic......

-------------
Haquin

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 15:44
Another classic...well known here..I'm sure...

-------------
Haquin

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 15:47
Last but not least...about as obscure as it gets.....

-------------
Haquin

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 15:52
^^ I have both of those albums by July and Tomorrow on CD, but I haven't heard of  Tintern Abbey before, although if I had heard of them before, they wouldn't be quite so obscure. Smile

Tomorrow was one of the 20 obscure British prog albums I reviewed recently. I would have reviewed the July album too, but I don't think it's in the Prog Archives database.

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 16:32
If you want some true freaky psych try this..

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 16:58

^^ I have both of those albums by July and Tomorrow on CD, but I haven't heard of  Tintern Abbey before, although if I had heard of them before, they wouldn't be quite so obscure. Smile

Tomorrow was one of the 20 obscure British prog albums I reviewed recently. I would have reviewed the July album too, but I don't think it's in the Prog Archives database.

The Tintern stuff is on psych collections on cd...the 45 rpm is very expensive. 
They did 2 tracks I know of Vacuum Cleaner and Beeside.
I have several Brit and US psych collections on cd of rare and obscure things.

-------------
Haquin

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 17:38
I still remember hearing this for the first time, and was blown away by the powerful lyrics (supplied by Hoyt Axton, of all people) and John Kay's angry growl by which he delivered them...

-------------

Date Posted: November 19 2019 at 18:06
Kudos for knowing it was a Hoyt Axton song!  Smile

-------------

Date Posted: July 04 2023 at 12:55
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock (500+ artists; 850+ albums)

3 stars 1976: The 4 Levels of Existence - The 4 Levels of Existence -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1RCw0fPY0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1RCw0fPY0

5 stars 1966: 13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiN-7mukU_RHffmSQiUY-wrIPJJu5Ppzn" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiN-7mukU_RHffmSQiUY-wrIPJJu5Ppzn
 4 stars 1967: 13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lcWRl-XU4UIQebKkY79bJZrAeGzfJ-CTs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lcWRl-XU4UIQebKkY79bJZrAeGzfJ-CTs
 2 stars 1968: 13th Floor Elevators - 13th Floor Elevators Live -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lH6LxLZSSGvJQRgJLii9bOTvViyMDArA0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lH6LxLZSSGvJQRgJLii9bOTvViyMDArA0
 3 stars 1969: 13th Floor Elevators - Bull of the Woods -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mngSr0KwETYvFZOqsJtTX9SXIe31AV2EU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mngSr0KwETYvFZOqsJtTX9SXIe31AV2EU

4 stars 1968: 31st of February - The 31st of February -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kPJXjL_hql_8DTNO29h9tdFSHgw6TGtIk" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kPJXjL_hql_8DTNO29h9tdFSHgw6TGtIk

Posted By: David_D
Date Posted: July 04 2023 at 15:58

My favourite albums are

The Beatles  (UK) - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band  (1967) 

Big Brother & The Holding Company (USA) - Cheap Thrills  (1968)

Blind Faith  (UK)  -  Blind Faith  (1969)

Cream  (UK)  -  Disraeli Gears  (1967)

Country Joe & The Fish (USA) - Electric Music For the Mind and Body  (1967)
                       The Doors  (USA)  -  The Doors   (1967)
                       Grateful Dead  (USA) - Live / Dead   (1969)

Group 1850  (NL)  -  Paradise Now  (1969) 

Iron Butterfly  (USA) -  In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida  (1968)
                       Jefferson Airplane (USA)  -  Sweeping Up The Spotlight. Jefferson

Airplane Live At The Fillmore East 1969
                       The Jimi Hendrix Experience (USA)  -  Electric Ladyland  (1968)
                       Love  (USA)   -  Forever Changes  (1967)
                       Morgen  (USA)  -  Morgen  (1969)

Pink Floyd  (UK) - The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn  (1967)
                       The Pretty Things  (UK) - S.F. Sorrow  (1968)   
                       The Rolling Stones (UK) - Their Satanic Majesties Request  (1967)

The Soft Machine  (UK) - The Soft Machine (1968)

-------------
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond

Posted By: omphaloskepsis
Date Posted: July 04 2023 at 16:58
Adore Sun Dial.  In 1991, I discovered Sun Dial at the same time I found Porcupine Tree.  Off a psychedelic sampler album that I still listen to.  "Psychedelic Psauna"

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 01:30
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Adore Sun Dial.  In 1991, I discovered Sun Dial at the same time I found Porcupine Tree.  Off a psychedelic sampler album that I still listen to.  "Psychedelic Psauna"

Thanks Cindy. Sun Dial have travelled across time and space aboard the TARDIS where they've regenerated in my Space Rock blog. Thumbs Up 
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121509&PID=5943265" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121509&PID=5943265

4 stars 1990: Sun Dial - Other Way Out -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m2LrTBSSdPXn6fv1me-PAfLMkghn0YPeY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m2LrTBSSdPXn6fv1me-PAfLMkghn0YPeY
 4 stars 1992: Sun Dial - Reflecter -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ntdpR05Rra-PBYpl4M4RbjjqkKBkK8iQ0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ntdpR05Rra-PBYpl4M4RbjjqkKBkK8iQ0
 4 stars 1993: Sun Dial - Libertine -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nhzA6RbJYG2RTih2CWdzhSPuG5hwXNgVs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nhzA6RbJYG2RTih2CWdzhSPuG5hwXNgVs
 4 stars 1993: Sun Dial - Return Journey -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kEZuxS8Gegzf9Q1tniIq6dQFWZlZogv9k" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kEZuxS8Gegzf9Q1tniIq6dQFWZlZogv9k
 4 stars 1995: Sun Dial - Acid Yantra -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNa18GAxYNhHOxEZhAzQ6sXf3Dz6k68vb" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNa18GAxYNhHOxEZhAzQ6sXf3Dz6k68vb
 4 stars 2003: Sun Dial - Zen for Sale
 4 stars 2010: Sun Dial - Sun Dial -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nVUaYd04MzVSqY8QN87SvZasqaUcKMuMA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nVUaYd04MzVSqY8QN87SvZasqaUcKMuMA
 4 stars 2012: Sun Dial - Mind Control -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjImBK7ZW4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjImBK7ZW4
 4 stars 2016: Sun Dial - Made in the Machine -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7m8yGiE_u8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7m8yGiE_u8
 4 stars 2018: Sun Dial - Science Fiction: A Compendium of Space Soundtrax

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 01:41
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

My favourite albums are

The Beatles  (UK) - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band  (1967) 

Big Brother & The Holding Company (USA) - Cheap Thrills  (1968)

Blind Faith  (UK)  -  Blind Faith  (1969)

Cream  (UK)  -  Disraeli Gears  (1967)

Country Joe & The Fish (USA) - Electric Music For the Mind and Body  (1967)
                       The Doors  (USA)  -  The Doors   (1967)
                       Grateful Dead  (USA) - Live / Dead   (1969)

Group 1850  (NL)  -  Paradise Now  (1969) 

Iron Butterfly  (USA) -  In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida  (1968)
                       Jefferson Airplane (USA)  -  Sweeping Up The Spotlight. Jefferson

Airplane Live At The Fillmore East 1969
                       The Jimi Hendrix Experience (USA)  -  Electric Ladyland  (1968)
                       Love  (USA)   -  Forever Changes  (1967)
                       Morgen  (USA)  -  Morgen  (1969)

Pink Floyd  (UK) - The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn  (1967)
                       The Pretty Things  (UK) - S.F. Sorrow  (1968)   
                       The Rolling Stones (UK) - Their Satanic Majesties Request  (1967)

The Soft Machine  (UK) - The Soft Machine (1968)

That's a great line-up of albums for sure! Thumbs Up

My Top 40 Psychedelic Rock Albums of 1967 

4 stars 1967: 13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lcWRl-XU4UIQebKkY79bJZrAeGzfJ-CTs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lcWRl-XU4UIQebKkY79bJZrAeGzfJ-CTs
 5 stars 1967: The Aggregation - Mind Odyssey -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRQKT-Cu2_2R5amvbAZ9OSEak5Krrdtit" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRQKT-Cu2_2R5amvbAZ9OSEak5Krrdtit
 4 stars 1967: The Amboy Dukes - The Amboy Dukes -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmlYIE773EIYkyOPkywchuOPikvEY2KZf" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmlYIE773EIYkyOPkywchuOPikvEY2KZf
 5 stars 1967: Art - Supernatural Fairy Tales -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kYTncFalApzaOEX14X-BKmojgZ5efKj70" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kYTncFalApzaOEX14X-BKmojgZ5efKj70
 4 stars 1967: The Attack - Magic in the Air -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwEkbVL-vNmmJqq0CCizfM1lq-yS0SBOh" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwEkbVL-vNmmJqq0CCizfM1lq-yS0SBOh
 4 stars 1967: Baby Grandmothers - Baby Grandmothers -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8hrm3Un6bo" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8hrm3Un6bo
 4 stars 1967: The Baroques - The Baroques -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG-InimcgCwP-n7cxBfDvGqqq5Jc4hsJI" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG-InimcgCwP-n7cxBfDvGqqq5Jc4hsJI
 4 stars 1967: The Beat of the Earth - The Beat of the Earth -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_mp9mWLJI" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_mp9mWLJI
 4 stars 1967: Circus Maximus - Circus Maximus -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwEkbVL-vNmnVtvwblj4IrDYjz7nVXUWy" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwEkbVL-vNmnVtvwblj4IrDYjz7nVXUWy
 4 stars 1967: The Corporation - Get on Our Swing -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbqlYXEyLVwZbXvHBHUdTXtTnzSC94vrN" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbqlYXEyLVwZbXvHBHUdTXtTnzSC94vrN
 4 stars 1967: Country Joe & the Fish - Electric Music for the Mind and Body -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCPCv_MlpvgtY0dHdU-0r2cnAaGyh8Yg3" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCPCv_MlpvgtY0dHdU-0r2cnAaGyh8Yg3
 4 stars 1967: Dantalian's Chariot - Chariot Rising -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mUZetb81Ol_hhdCipbVC2z7m9a805kbWQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mUZetb81Ol_hhdCipbVC2z7m9a805kbWQ
 5 stars 1967: The Doors - The Doors -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-N2d5ED2KE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-N2d5ED2KE
 4 stars 1967: The Doors - Strange Days -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjemLCQc1vg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjemLCQc1vg
 5 stars 1967: The Electric Prunes - The Electric Prunes -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg_4Yz-wV70" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg_4Yz-wV70
 4 stars 1967: The Electric Prunes - Underground -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_moPZ7KdZQzHbqV20Jq4zsReiESJXx15qY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_moPZ7KdZQzHbqV20Jq4zsReiESJXx15qY
 5 stars 1967: Gandalf - Gandalf -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG-InimcgCwNTpPVeExzQqYhGBql3uLUT" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG-InimcgCwNTpPVeExzQqYhGBql3uLUT
 5 stars 1967: H.P. Lovecraft - H.P. Lovecraft -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL021DFD2E939BC5BB" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL021DFD2E939BC5BB
 4 stars 1967: The Hassles - The Hassles -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNg0l1XeAhkD6eQFPaFyBPeLd1HlO2FM8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNg0l1XeAhkD6eQFPaFyBPeLd1HlO2FM8
 5 stars 1967: Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l-I-_0YyLBUa6VOhtQ-2VbROAACQx6GPo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l-I-_0YyLBUa6VOhtQ-2VbROAACQx6GPo
 5 stars 1967: Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced? -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nDSwZRsfyAwg6G0nBW7oleWiz41Z7OezU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nDSwZRsfyAwg6G0nBW7oleWiz41Z7OezU
 5 stars 1967: Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis Bold as Love -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lWur3SpNnxqZ_ad3ovCDjRSTCmjYYR6i8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lWur3SpNnxqZ_ad3ovCDjRSTCmjYYR6i8
 4 stars 1967: Kaleidoscope - Tangerine Dream -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mIOE3lT-k7KxC1xCq8M2KbfYnnBaJEnsc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mIOE3lT-k7KxC1xCq8M2KbfYnnBaJEnsc
 4 stars 1967: The Leathercoated Minds - A Trip Down the Sunset Strip -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nvmPmMg8PsOXzJ2HgByLP9aS3Mpq6oUVg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nvmPmMg8PsOXzJ2HgByLP9aS3Mpq6oUVg
 5 stars 1967: Love - Forever Changes -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ekYEywyRw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ekYEywyRw
 4 stars 1967: The Master's Apprentices - The Master's Apprentices -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mdMWbyq7Rl_rNIjInNOr98a48iOZBx_mA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mdMWbyq7Rl_rNIjInNOr98a48iOZBx_mA
 4 stars 1967: Moby Grape - Moby Grape -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcanG_FIdt0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcanG_FIdt0
 4 stars 1967: Neon Pearl - Neon Pearl -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZpZbJ7xCE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZpZbJ7xCE
 4 stars 1967: Nirvana - The Story of Simon Simopath -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2Ew3ACprIHl-bbBH391qQkWEsfFZW4RU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2Ew3ACprIHl-bbBH391qQkWEsfFZW4RU
 5 stars 1967: The Paupers - Magic People -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYgRMnPTqi4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYgRMnPTqi4
 4 stars 1967: Peanut Butter Conspiracy - The Peanut Butter Conspiracy is Spreading -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kU4bzl_govHBkFzyTg6Gnwe1-bu728F4c" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kU4bzl_govHBkFzyTg6Gnwe1-bu728F4c
 4 stars 1967: Prufrock - Visions -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A47ZZ-2bLZg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A47ZZ-2bLZg
 4 stars 1967: The Rainy Daze - That Acapulco Gold -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCy8z1yz0w" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCy8z1yz0w
 4 stars 1967: Rupert's People - The Magic World of Rupert's People -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-_CPS4Vp8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-_CPS4Vp8
 4 stars 1967: The Serpent Power - The Serpent Power -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYkcgDIkIMQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYkcgDIkIMQ
 4 stars 1967: Things to Come - I Want Out -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m43eH9pPPBQ3ZEAWffpfUCZS0A23PtqLM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m43eH9pPPBQ3ZEAWffpfUCZS0A23PtqLM
 4 stars 1967: Unicorn - The Cosmic Storyteller -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mHzVCDkrM2WUiaXzGfkCLi-Nhslr_j5Is" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mHzVCDkrM2WUiaXzGfkCLi-Nhslr_j5Is
 5 stars 1967: Vanilla Fudge - Vanilla Fudge -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRXIbDyiBvDqeG2xJj1nMNIp30keeeJbw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRXIbDyiBvDqeG2xJj1nMNIp30keeeJbw
 4 stars 1967: West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - Part One -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL00B6C70CED690353" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL00B6C70CED690353
 5 stars 1967: The Zodiac - Cosmic Sounds -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mMqUH-QbcL9VXimgAIoCWyonBpuEBbwgg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mMqUH-QbcL9VXimgAIoCWyonBpuEBbwgg

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 06:09

Thanks Cindy. Sun Dial have travelled across time and space aboard the TARDIS where they've regenerated in my Space Rock blog. Thumbs Up 
https://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121509&PID=5943265" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121509&PID=5943265

4 stars 1990: Sun Dial - Other Way Out -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m2LrTBSSdPXn6fv1me-PAfLMkghn0YPeY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m2LrTBSSdPXn6fv1me-PAfLMkghn0YPeY
 4 stars 1992: Sun Dial - Reflecter -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ntdpR05Rra-PBYpl4M4RbjjqkKBkK8iQ0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ntdpR05Rra-PBYpl4M4RbjjqkKBkK8iQ0
 4 stars 1993: Sun Dial - Libertine -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nhzA6RbJYG2RTih2CWdzhSPuG5hwXNgVs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nhzA6RbJYG2RTih2CWdzhSPuG5hwXNgVs
 4 stars 1993: Sun Dial - Return Journey -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kEZuxS8Gegzf9Q1tniIq6dQFWZlZogv9k" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kEZuxS8Gegzf9Q1tniIq6dQFWZlZogv9k
 4 stars 1995: Sun Dial - Acid Yantra -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNa18GAxYNhHOxEZhAzQ6sXf3Dz6k68vb" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNa18GAxYNhHOxEZhAzQ6sXf3Dz6k68vb
 4 stars 2003: Sun Dial - Zen for Sale
 4 stars 2010: Sun Dial - Sun Dial -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nVUaYd04MzVSqY8QN87SvZasqaUcKMuMA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nVUaYd04MzVSqY8QN87SvZasqaUcKMuMA
 4 stars 2012: Sun Dial - Mind Control -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjImBK7ZW4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjImBK7ZW4
 4 stars 2016: Sun Dial - Made in the Machine -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7m8yGiE_u8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7m8yGiE_u8
 4 stars 2018: Sun Dial - Science Fiction: A Compendium of Space Soundtrax

Regeneration was inevitable.    

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 08:32
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

13th Floor Elevators    The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators - released in October 1966 - was one of the earliest Psychedelic Rock albums, preceded only by Jefferson Airplane who took flight with their first album just two months earlier. The 13th Floor Elevators WERE the first band to describe their music as Psychedelic Rock though. The name of the band from Austin Texas derives from the fact that many skyscrapers in the United States don't have a 13th floor because it's thought to be unlucky. It could be entirely coincidental, but "M" (for marijuana) is also the 13th letter of the alphabet. Staying on the subject of high-rise buildings, and why not, the 68th floor of Trump Tower in New York City is actually 58 stories high, partly due to the five story glass atrium, but mainly because not only is there no 13th floor in Trump Tower, but there's no 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th floor either, making the building seem ten stories higher than it really is. That's a tall story if ever there was one. Smile

5 stars 1966: 13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiN-7mukU_RHffmSQiUY-wrIPJJu5Ppzn" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiN-7mukU_RHffmSQiUY-wrIPJJu5Ppzn
 2 stars 1968: 13th Floor Elevators - 13th Floor Elevators Live -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lH6LxLZSSGvJQRgJLii9bOTvViyMDArA0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lH6LxLZSSGvJQRgJLii9bOTvViyMDArA0
 3 stars 1969: 13th Floor Elevators - Bull of the Woods -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mngSr0KwETYvFZOqsJtTX9SXIe31AV2EU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mngSr0KwETYvFZOqsJtTX9SXIe31AV2EU

The proposed Trump White House Plaza Hotel and Casino

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 10:09
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

THE 31ST OF FEBRUARY    A band from Jacksonville Florida associated with the Allman Brothers. The 31st of February only stayed together long enough to record one album as there just weren't enough days in the month to record a second album. Tongue

4 stars 1968: 31st of February - The 31st of February -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kPJXjL_hql_8DTNO29h9tdFSHgw6TGtIk" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kPJXjL_hql_8DTNO29h9tdFSHgw6TGtIk

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 11:02
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock (500+ artists; 850+ albums)

4 stars 1969: The Aerovons - Resurrection -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOXfmHxI1N4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOXfmHxI1N4

4 stars 1968: Afterglow - Afterglow -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpXcdOjl35k" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpXcdOjl35k

5 stars 1967: The Aggregation - Mind Odyssey -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRQKT-Cu2_2R5amvbAZ9OSEak5Krrdtit" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRQKT-Cu2_2R5amvbAZ9OSEak5Krrdtit

4 stars 1970: Aguaturbia - Aguaturbia -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lMw8ABgaIp4O0la28IuxvsG1MnGHjgyEs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lMw8ABgaIp4O0la28IuxvsG1MnGHjgyEs
 4 stars 1970: Aguaturbia - Volumen 2 -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_naskqXT8pQ0QJU_UfF_qft917tC-8P9qc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_naskqXT8pQ0QJU_UfF_qft917tC-8P9qc
 4 stars 1993: Aguaturbia - Psychedelic Drugstore -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0jbTtWYzlw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0jbTtWYzlw

4 stars 1970: Ahora Mazda - Ahora Mazda -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz0s_8vdS1o" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz0s_8vdS1o

4 stars 1970: Alice - Alice -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9xz0pihn3M" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9xz0pihn3M
 4 stars 1972: Alice - Arretez Le Monde -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuzgttNPGck" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuzgttNPGck

3 stars 1967: The Amboy Dukes - The Amboy Dukes -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4b_LkAY7E" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4b_LkAY7E
 4 stars 1968: The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Centre of the Mind -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_krr1juC1-a8JUxMEPFYrD_3njPfyRaKOo" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_krr1juC1-a8JUxMEPFYrD_3njPfyRaKOo
 3 stars 1969: The Amboy Dukes - Migration -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3BVC0tpyFs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3BVC0tpyFs
 3 stars 1970: The Amboy Dukes - Marriage on the Rocks / Rock Bottom -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkGi6l7IRJU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkGi6l7IRJU

3 stars 1973: Amphyrite - Amphyrite -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2cbm74_z4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2cbm74_z4

4 stars 1973: Andrew - Woops -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7hLcE2p2E" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7hLcE2p2E

5 stars 1969: Andromeda - Andromeda -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkIrXwLCbB8&t=12s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkIrXwLCbB8&t=12s

5 stars 1969: Andwella'a Dream - Love and Poetry -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lotbFpg4mf1mFTzAcpaQRzEet221C-ShI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lotbFpg4mf1mFTzAcpaQRzEet221C-ShI
 4 stars 1970: Andwella - World's End -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kdK6cehyKpsEp0cgOmU7vlZqRhzPkapjs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kdK6cehyKpsEp0cgOmU7vlZqRhzPkapjs
 3 stars 1971: Andwella - People's People -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nsZZYFDXLlMDbNCbDDmwZ3WrFTq7hJ8-c" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nsZZYFDXLlMDbNCbDDmwZ3WrFTq7hJ8-c

4 stars 1991: Angel in Heavy Syrup - Angel in Heavy Syrup I -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQtc3evnzJM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQtc3evnzJM
 4 stars 1993: Angel in Heavy Syrup - Angel in Heavy Syrup II -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXrw7GdsPY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXrw7GdsPY
 4 stars 1995: Angel in Heavy Syrup - Angel in Heavy Syrup III -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dgG4mNgIU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dgG4mNgIU
 4 stars 1999: Angel in Heavy Syrup - Angel in Heavy Syrup IV -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_EXFd-vE0o" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_EXFd-vE0o

4 stars 1968: The Animated Egg -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGwDgf-zOdicxnSIEygNqXOQ_eovAe9ZM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGwDgf-zOdicxnSIEygNqXOQ_eovAe9ZM

4 stars 1968: Ant Trip Ceremony - 24 Hours -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch0SKAdQn54" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch0SKAdQn54

4 stars 1969: Aorta - Aorta 1 -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lzxC8HQyKtYnwa8SEmG1Fq5382_SwzzbM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lzxC8HQyKtYnwa8SEmG1Fq5382_SwzzbM
 4 stars 1970: Aorta - Aorta 2 -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAWXVh0X92Y" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAWXVh0X92Y

4 stars 1970: Apartment 1 - Open House -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf9RU-jdYDs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf9RU-jdYDs

4 stars 1968: Apocalypse - Kannibal Komix -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONq2Sqw4KzY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONq2Sqw4KzY
 5 stars 1969: Apocalypse - Apocalypse -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYAoMggx4yI" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYAoMggx4yI

4 stars 1969: Apple - An Apple a Day -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lPS8CR96DxzMXr9MgBbGGtoMj4SMLgTL4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lPS8CR96DxzMXr9MgBbGGtoMj4SMLgTL4

4 stars 1968: Apple Pie Motherhood Band - The Apple Pie Motherhood Band -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kprOOGZT-wW0rTQs1TLXg84HlhIQrjEck" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kprOOGZT-wW0rTQs1TLXg84HlhIQrjEck
 4 stars 1969: Apple Pie Motherhood Band - Apple Pie -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k6J9tNetJUbyavu4X1TNi8EWGzQoIjIjs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k6J9tNetJUbyavu4X1TNi8EWGzQoIjIjs

4 stars 1969: Apryl Fool - The Apryl Fool -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z24s7xZH3pA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z24s7xZH3pA

4 stars 1969: Arcadium - Breathe Awhile -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFtWctjASs8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFtWctjASs8

3 stars 1972: Arcesia - Reachin' -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG-InimcgCwMkYWeSalpTI9AOK71wbKbV" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG-InimcgCwMkYWeSalpTI9AOK71wbKbV

4 stars 1968: Ars Nova - Ars Nova -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5zQ1xNekgoScCJE_yVBc5QTCs65KAz8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5zQ1xNekgoScCJE_yVBc5QTCs65KAz8
 4 stars 1969: Ars Nova - Sunshine & Shadows -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lseeQiHjTSs0DBApk9jkwNmDHePwW7GBE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lseeQiHjTSs0DBApk9jkwNmDHePwW7GBE

5 stars 1967: Art - Supernatural Fairy Tales -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kYTncFalApzaOEX14X-BKmojgZ5efKj70" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kYTncFalApzaOEX14X-BKmojgZ5efKj70

5 stars 1968: Art of Lovin' - Art of Lovin' -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66NjVCumX18" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66NjVCumX18

4 stars 1972: Arthur Lee - Vindicator -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nM6a84tJ6yZl4wuORB79DGt3d8GdpFIfE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nM6a84tJ6yZl4wuORB79DGt3d8GdpFIfE
 3 stars 1981: Arthur Lee - Arthur Lee -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkqnuO5d7UH3isPrPYg4Ra9yTUeK3f7dL" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkqnuO5d7UH3isPrPYg4Ra9yTUeK3f7dL

4 stars 1992: Arthur Lee & Love - Arthur Lee & Love -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF6MML545ng" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF6MML545ng

4 stars 1969: Arzachel - Arzachel -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRW8bkl33yU&t=1s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRW8bkl33yU&t=1s

4 stars 1971: Astral Navigations - Astral Navigations -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DxUwOfXUPk" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DxUwOfXUPk

4 stars 1967: The Attack - Magic in the Air -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwEkbVL-vNmmJqq0CCizfM1lq-yS0SBOh" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwEkbVL-vNmmJqq0CCizfM1lq-yS0SBOh
 4 stars 1968: The Attack - Final Daze -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM7k5L_U7M934uG-P9o66BCLRUEV7R_hp" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM7k5L_U7M934uG-P9o66BCLRUEV7R_hp

4 stars 1968: Autosalvage - Autosalvage  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ZFRbLISW4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ZFRbLISW4

5 stars 1969: Axe - Axe Music -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ud_Y49ZUk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ud_Y49ZUk
 5 stars 1969: Axe - Live & Studio -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVUb0VUoZA&t=1302s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVUb0VUoZA&t=1302s

4 stars 1970: Azitis - Help -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nmjyJ5CCe4DQlXZ_20UzVp-m6NptIUYzc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nmjyJ5CCe4DQlXZ_20UzVp-m6NptIUYzc   

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 14:59
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

AFTERGLOW    Why not bathe in the warm Afterglow of this Californian sun-drenched acid trip, which was later reissued on Sundazed Records, appropriately enough, and if there's any hope of ever finding this ultra-rare album at your local charity shop or car boot sale, then Dream Away! Wink

4 stars 1968: Afterglow - Afterglow -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpXcdOjl35k" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpXcdOjl35k

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 15:13
Local psyche band.  I used to buy Porcupine Tree and No-Man albums out of the guitarist's home.  John handled Delirium Records psyche line.  

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 15:24

Thanks, while I have to admit I'm not familiar with a large part of your Top 40. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 15:30

5 stars 1969: Arcadium - Breathe Awhile 

This one could be on my list as well, but I've seen it more as proto-Prog.

-------------

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 15:32

Thanks, while I have to admit I'm not familiar with a large part of your Top 40. Smile
All of those forty weird and wonderful albums were unfamiliar to me too until recently. I had to wait nearly half a century to rediscover the sixties on the Internet. Smile

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 15:36

Proto Prog could be just another name for Psychedelic Rock. After all, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane and The Doors are all listed here under Proto Prog. Smile

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 15:49

Proto Prog could be just another name for Psychedelic Rock. After all, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane and The Doors are all listed here under Proto Prog. Smile

Well, my understanding of proto-Prog is not quite like that, but I could label Breathe Awhile as Psychedelic Rock too. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: July 05 2023 at 17:11

And after second thought, I guess I get your joking point. Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: July 06 2023 at 02:03

Local psyche band.  I used to buy Porcupine Tree and No-Man albums out of the guitarist's home.  John handled Delirium Records psyche line.  

Another excellent band to add to my Space Rock blog. They're Cosmic! Thumbs Up
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121509&PID=5942083" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121509&PID=5942083

4 stars 1996: Liquid Sound Company - Exploring the Psychedelic -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBd34Lr09hc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBd34Lr09hc
 4 stars 2002: Liquid Sound Company - Inside the Acid Temple -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kHGD570_VzUERnbQRY1DT-oeWlGmHK32w" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kHGD570_VzUERnbQRY1DT-oeWlGmHK32w
 4 stars 2011: Liquid Sound Company - Acid Music for Acid People -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-uiG_DQcy8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-uiG_DQcy8
 4 stars 2021: Liquid Sound Company - Psychoactive Songs for the Psoul -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lyRJfXmLCq-NsQk9KrELLvMn_OAbIpWfg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lyRJfXmLCq-NsQk9KrELLvMn_OAbIpWfg
 4 stars 2023: Liquid Sound Company - Cosmic Worlds -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kHKm2_FxYSEAu0_CLMB1nu-2l3bEiPKI0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kHKm2_FxYSEAu0_CLMB1nu-2l3bEiPKI0

Date Posted: July 06 2023 at 08:57
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

THE AGGREGATION     1968: A Mind Odyssey first entered our consciousness the same year as 2001: A Space Odyssey, but whereas Stanley Kubrick's epic sci-fi fantasy explored the endless depths of outer space, Los Angeles band The Aggregation explored the inner workings of the mind. So turn on the lava lamp, light up a joss stick and get ready to explore those cerebral final frontiers as we go on a mind-boggling psych trip to the centre of the mind. It's worth knowing that The Aggregation were one of the few rock bands to perform regularly at Disneyland, where fantasy becomes reality, or is it the other way around? By the way, all of the songs on the album are a cryptic reference to the aforementioned amusement park, so prepare for a wild ride! Smile 

5 stars 1968: The Aggregation - Mind Odyssey -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRQKT-Cu2_2R5amvbAZ9OSEak5Krrdtit" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: July 07 2023 at 02:53
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

AGUATURBIA      A groovy band from Chile which rather surprisingly, for a country with a very long coastline stretching 2,653 from north to south, is only ranked 19th in the list of nations with the longest coastlines, far behind Norway, Denmark and Italy. By the way, Aguaturbia is Spanish for "Muddy Water". You can't say you don't get an education here at ProgArchives. Tongue

4 stars 1970: Aguaturbia - Aguaturbia -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lMw8ABgaIp4O0la28IuxvsG1MnGHjgyEs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lMw8ABgaIp4O0la28IuxvsG1MnGHjgyEs
 4 stars 1970: Aguaturbia - Volumen 2 -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_naskqXT8pQ0QJU_UfF_qft917tC-8P9qc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_naskqXT8pQ0QJU_UfF_qft917tC-8P9qc
 4 stars 1993: Aguaturbia - Psychedelic Drugstore -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0jbTtWYzlw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0jbTtWYzlw

Date Posted: July 09 2023 at 06:14
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

THE AMBOY DUKES     Lock up your daughters! The Amboy Dukes were the original wild boys of Psychedelic Rock. Originating in the windy city of Chicago, Illinois, they're best-remembered now as the first band of certified gun nut and budding axe-man Ted Nugent, so if you're itching to check out this fine band, then put it down to cat scratch fever!

3 stars 1967: The Amboy Dukes - The Amboy Dukes -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4b_LkAY7E" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4b_LkAY7E
 4 stars 1968: The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Centre of the Mind -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_krr1juC1-a8JUxMEPFYrD_3njPfyRaKOo" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_krr1juC1-a8JUxMEPFYrD_3njPfyRaKOo
 3 stars 1969: The Amboy Dukes - Migration -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3BVC0tpyFs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3BVC0tpyFs
 3 stars 1970: The Amboy Dukes - Marriage on the Rocks / Rock Bottom -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkGi6l7IRJU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkGi6l7IRJU

Date Posted: July 10 2023 at 00:47
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

AMPHYRITE     An obscure French trio whose music is high on adrenaline, but low in production quality, hence the term: "Garage Rock". Smile

3 stars 1973: Amphyrite - Amphyrite -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2cbm74_z4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2cbm74_z4

Date Posted: July 11 2023 at 01:42
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

ANDREW     An Icelandic psych band who are charged up with electricity and cooking on gas! Who needs gas and electric though when you can cook with a volcano! Shocked

4 stars 1973: Andrew - Woops -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7hLcE2p2E" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7hLcE2p2E

Date Posted: July 11 2023 at 04:21
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

ANDROMEDA     Calling occupants of interplanetary craft. We're off to the Andromeda galaxy now for an album that is light years ahead of its time, so stock up with dilithium crystals and power up to warp factor five and prepare for a journey of a lifetime as we go faster than the speed of light! Okay, so that was a bit over the top by way of an introduction, but what does it matter or antimatter. Wink 

This long-forgotten British album treasure from the late 1960's era has experienced something of a a revival with the advent of the Internet. The original vinyl album was released in 1969 and a new Definitive Collection 2-CD set was released in the year 2000, containing a wealth of bonus tracks. The album straddles the transitional period from Psychedelic Rock to Progressive Rock and this can be heard on the album with significant elements of both genres of music very much in evidence. The line-up features John Du Cann on vocals who later went on to achieve success with Atomic Rooster. The highlights of the album are the three epic 3-part songs, running at roughly 8 minutes long. The three lengthy epics feature beautifully melodious renditions of well-known classical favourites, cleverly combined with heavy solid rock to make a truly unforgettable rock album as a whole. Andromeda should appeal equally to fans of Psychedelic Rock and Proto-Prog.

The album opener "Too Old" is a real rocker featuring powerful ascending guitar arpeggios in the opening chords which really grab the attention and serve as a perfect opening to a superb album. There's an interesting change of pace nearly two minutes into the song when John Du Cann's impressive vocals kick-in. The vocals, heavy guitar riffs, throbbing bass and pounding drums combine together to make a very memorable and impressive song. "The Sea of Change" is the second song on the album, featuring a steadier pace with some very pleasant guitar riffs and soaring vocals. There's a powerful guitar and drum break halfway through the song, before returning to a steadier tempo for the conclusion. Track 3 "Now the Sun Shines" is a beautifully melodic and laid-back song with richly-warm uplifting vocals from John Du Cann, which makes a very pleasant interlude and nicely compliments the previous two heavier songs. Next up is "Turns To Dust", a hard-rocking number and the first of the 3-part epic songs. The song features a very appealing change of pace to a gentler tempo in the second section, before launching into some really heavy guitar riffs and fast-paced drumming to round off a memorably epic number. Track 5 "Return To Sanity" opens with the very familiar and powerful sound of Gustav Holst's "Mars" from The Planets Suite. This awesome opening to the second epic 8-minute song is a real highlight of the album. The song feature some wonderfully freaky psychedelic guitar riffs, combined with a solid rhythm section. There are dramatic changes of pace throughout the song which adds to the appeal. Track 6 "The Reason" is a traditional rocker with skilful changes of tempo to maintain the listener's interest, followed by "I Can Stop the Song" which represents another change of pace with some gentle guitar playing and warm and pleasant vocal harmonies. Track 8 "When To Stop" is the third of the 3-part epic songs on the album. The song opens in traditional style with some hard-rocking guitar and drumming, before taking a surprising change of direction midway through the song with a beautifully-played rendition of Rodrigo's Guitar Concerto, a deeply emotional and uplifting piece of music which sends the spirits soaring. Track 9 on the album "Go Your Way" is an out-and-out rocker and Track 10 "Keep Out 'Cos I'm Dying" has a slower more bluesy feel to it with a dramatic change of tempo partway through the song. This is followed by the "The Garden of Happiness", a song which continues in similar style with some wild psychedelic guitar licks and impressive drumming. Another album highlight is the next song, "Return To Exodus", an uptempo and powerful guitar-driven version of the classic theme from Exodus. The final song "Journey's End" rounds off the album perfectly with a reprise of the stunningly beautiful version of "Rodrigo's Guitar Concerto" which affirms the fully-deserving five star status of this outstanding album.. - (My very first album review, written back in October 2019) Thumbs Down

5 stars 1969: Andromeda - Andromeda -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkIrXwLCbB8&t=12s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkIrXwLCbB8&t=12s

Date Posted: July 11 2023 at 06:02
A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

ANDWELLAS DREAM     Love and Poetry is an album to covet, and I absolutely love it, but their last album as Andwella, was a very poor seller, which led to the end of the band, who disappeared like castles in the sand. Confused

5 stars 1969: Andwella'a Dream - Love and Poetry -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lotbFpg4mf1mFTzAcpaQRzEet221C-ShI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lotbFpg4mf1mFTzAcpaQRzEet221C-ShI
 4 stars 1970: Andwella - World's End -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kdK6cehyKpsEp0cgOmU7vlZqRhzPkapjs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kdK6cehyKpsEp0cgOmU7vlZqRhzPkapjs
 3 stars 1971: Andwella - People's People -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nsZZYFDXLlMDbNCbDDmwZ3WrFTq7hJ8-c" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nsZZYFDXLlMDbNCbDDmwZ3WrFTq7hJ8-c

Posted By: Progishness
Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 07:17
I'll go a bit left field and recommend one of the strangest albums I've ever heard, of the psychedelia genre, or any other genre for that matter.

The album in question being 'Cosmic Remembrance' by Kali Bahlu (1967).

http://www.discogs.com/master/470998-Kali-Bahlu-Cosmic-Remembrance" rel="nofollow - http://www.discogs.com/master/470998-Kali-Bahlu-Cosmic-Remembrance

Here's the title track.

-------------
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2

Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 07:38

A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

AGUATURBIA      A groovy band from Chile which rather surprisingly, for a country with a very long coastline stretching 2,653 from north to south, is only ranked 19th in the list of nations with the longest coastlines, far behind Norway, Denmark and Italy. By the way, Aguaturbia is Spanish for "Muddy Water". You can't say you don't get an education here at ProgArchives. Tongue

Aguaturbia are one of my more exciting discoveries of the past few years, along with Catherine Ribiero + Alpes. Both ladies have unique and mesmerising voices and vocal styles.

-------------

Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 10:00
Originally posted by Progishness Progishness wrote:

I'll go a bit left field and recommend one of the strangest albums I've ever heard, of the psychedelia genre, or any other genre for that matter.

http://www.discogs.com/master/470998-Kali-Bahlu-Cosmic-Remembrance" rel="nofollow - http://www.discogs.com/master/470998-Kali-Bahlu-Cosmic-Remembrance

Here's the title track.

That's cosmic! I don't remember ever listening to Kali Bahlu, but once you do, you'll never forget her. Smile

Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 10:05

A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

Aguaturbia are one of my more exciting discoveries of the past few years, along with Catherine Ribiero + Alpes. Both ladies have unique and mesmerising voices and vocal styles.
Aguaturbia are the kind of obscure band you can only discover on the Internet. Before joining PA, I didn't even know they had Psychedelic Rock in Chile. I thought it was all pan pipes and nose flutes.  Tongue

Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 10:42

A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

Aguaturbia are the kind of obscure band you can only discover on the Internet. Before joining PA, I didn't even know they had Psychedelic Rock in Chile. I thought it was all pan pipes and nose flutes.  Tongue

Well indeed yes - the likes of Chilean Prog, and even French prog never even reached our shores back in the day... thank goodness somebody invented the internet where we can share, compare and contrast our knowledge of whatever topic!

-------------

Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 10:43

Here's the title track.

That's cosmic! I don't remember ever listening to Kali Bahlu, but once you do, you'll never forget her. Smile

I recommend you dig out her album... it's not hard to find if you know where to look.

-------------

Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 10:52
Another of the more obscure albums in my psych collection is 'Saturn Rings' by Michele O'Malley (1969).

https://www.discogs.com/master/346062-Michele-Saturn-Rings" rel="nofollow - https://www.discogs.com/master/346062-Michele-Saturn-Rings

Here's the Lament of the Astro Cowboy.

-------------

Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 11:03
And how about 'Shadrack' by Jonna Gault and Her Symphonopop Scene, from the 1968 album 'Watch Me'.

https://www.discogs.com/master/2257621-Jonna-Gault-And-Her-Symphonopop-Scene-Watch-Me" rel="nofollow - https://www.discogs.com/master/2257621-Jonna-Gault-And-Her-Symphonopop-Scene-Watch-Me

-------------

Date Posted: July 12 2023 at 15:59

A-Z of Psychedelic Rock

Well indeed yes - the likes of Chilean Prog, and even French prog never even reached our shores back in the day... thank goodness somebody invented the internet where we can share, compare and contrast our knowledge of whatever topic!
Yes, that was back in the day when French Prog was as remote and inaccessible as red hot Magma spewing from a volcano. Smile

Date Posted: July 13 2023 at 01:22
We didn't even have a channel tunnel back in the 70's! - tho interestingly Krautrock and some Italian prog such as PFM, and clog prog band Focus did make it over here.

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2023 at 01:48
Ultimately for me the song that sums up late 60's Psychedelia is 'Aquarius / Let the Sunshine In' by the Fifth Dimension.

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2023 at 01:49

Another of the more obscure albums in my psych collection is 'Saturn Rings' by Michele O'Malley (1969).

https://www.discogs.com/master/346062-Michele-Saturn-Rings" rel="nofollow - https://www.discogs.com/master/346062-Michele-Saturn-Rings

Here's the Lament of the Astro Cowboy.

Yee-haw! I really like the Lament of the Astro Cowboy. Michele O'Malley reminds me a bit of Janis Joplin, only better. I feel in the mood now to saddle up my horse, drink my milk, and ride off into the sunset to round up a herd of cattle. Smile

Date Posted: July 13 2023 at 01:54
^The album is well worth seeking out if you don't have it. Here's 'Song to the Magic Frog'.

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2023 at 02:21

^The album is well worth seeking out if you don't have it. Here's 'Song to the Magic Frog'.

That's another great song too and the best song featuring a frog since Linda Ronstadt sang Blue Bayou on The Muppet Show. Ribbit, Ribbit.  I'll be sure to add Michele O'Malley to my A-Z listings when I finally reach the letter "O", but just in case I forget, I'll preview the Saturn Rings album now. Thanks for introducing me to another great artist. Thumbs Up

4 stars 1969: Michele O'Malley - Saturn Rings -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nxIznmByFedcbGDKQKaZySVwsgy3m0VUw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nxIznmByFedcbGDKQKaZySVwsgy3m0VUw

Date Posted: July 13 2023 at 02:52
Speaking of frog related songs (without even mentioning Paul McCartney) here's a lovely one by Enya from some time between leaving Clannad and starting out on her solo career.

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2023 at 04:28

You've introduced me to the marvellous music of Michele O'Malley, so I'll return the favour by introducing you to this ultra-rare Psych-Folk album by Susan Christie. Only three copies of Paint a Lady were ever pressed and she gave those three copies away to her family. 

4 stars 1970: Susan Christie - Paint a Lady -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nzp64yUpnWTtnfJVV-it_02y2aLb96Peg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nzp64yUpnWTtnfJVV-it_02y2aLb96Peg

Date Posted: July 13 2023 at 05:50
Thanks Paul - I'll definitely check her out.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk