Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=124040
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 16:52
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Stupid Dream album poll
Posted By: Icarium
Subject: Stupid Dream album poll
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 00:00
Curious on what song people favour. I feel it is a solid album, my initial reaction is thst Even Less is such a solid track/song it easly can overshadow the rest. The album starts so strong you almost is exhausted and 'Even Less' has multiple repeeat listening-like good. It got that brain-meltingly intence breakdown.

But the album is actualy ballaced, if one listens to to the whole package, yet Even Less is such a pillar of greatness - so it can easly happen one forgett to listen to the rest.

So whos it for you..

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 02:42
Even Less over Don't Hate Me

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 05:31
Probably Don’t Hate Me, just a hair above Tinto Brass. 

Posted By: LakeGlade12
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 06:12
Tricky as it is very solid and even album. Going to go for "Baby Dream in Cellophane" as it was one of the first PT songs I heard and what got me into the band and SW music in general.

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 07:23
Their last album from the 90's. I'd probably have to play it again before voting.

Posted By: Meltdowner
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 07:36
As an individual song "Even Less" is the best for me but when I'm listening to the album "Tinto Brass" is the song I enjoy the most. Since we're talking about the album I voted for the later.

Posted By: King of Loss
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 12:53
Even Less! Lots of good songs on this record. Definitely one of their best.

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 13:01
There are quite a few I really enjoy, to me this is a forgotten about album for most PT listeners. I'll have to pick Slave Called Shiver. I love the funkiness of that song, the bass line groove makes it and the middle song section really takes off.

-------------

Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 13:17
the unspoken hero of that album is Chris Maitland, the drummer on the album, he got a good sounding kit and some phat grooves. and showes some solid chops

-------------

Posted By: Progmind
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 14:27
"Slave Called Shiver" gets my vote

Posted By: Dopeydoc
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 15:11
Don't hate me.

Posted By: Awesoreno
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 19:53
Might need to hear this album a few more times. My first time was last night, and I listened again today. It's pretty good.

Posted By: progmatic
Date Posted: September 15 2020 at 22:28
Don't Hate Me, Slave Called Shiver, Even Less and A Smart Kid duked it out. Down went Slave and Even Less. A Smart Kid narrowly lost to Don't Hate Me!

-------------
PROGMATIC

Posted By: judahbenkenobi
Date Posted: September 16 2020 at 00:01
Even Less and Don't Hate Me are the top contenders, although This is no Rehearsal, Baby and Stranger are not too far behind.

Finally voted for the opening track, for setting the bar high for the rest of the album. However, the extended version on "Recordings" is even better.

Date Posted: September 16 2020 at 00:39
Pure Narcotic is also a very beutifull song, nice frettless bass

-------------

Posted By: Zeph
Date Posted: September 16 2020 at 01:25
Always liked Even Less and Don't Hate Me, but DHM has been featured on so many albums and live shows that I've gotten a bit bored of it. Still a great track, but right now I'd say A Smart Kid.

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: September 16 2020 at 05:02
Originally posted by progmatic progmatic wrote:

Don't Hate Me, Slave Called Shiver, Even Less and A Smart Kid duked it out. Down went Slave and Even Less. A Smart Kid narrowly lost to Don't Hate Me!
I hadn't listen to this album in almost 10 years and haven't listened to a PTRee album since 2012 when Octane Twisted came out.  I gave it a listen last night while reading the lyrics in the book.  For the most part, these were the only songs that had decent lyrics that made any sense, although I'm not quite sure what Slave Called Shiver was about.  I assume drug addiction, unless "she" was a woman.  I forgot how dark and dreary their lyrics were.  These were my top 4 contenders with Piano Lessons as number 5.  The instrumental Tinto Brass was also in the mix.  In the end, I think that Don't Hate Me was the best both musically and lyrically so it got my vote.  It may just be a familiarity thing though since as mentioned it appears on numerous albums.

-------------

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: September 16 2020 at 05:18
Even Less (probably the best song in their catalog), followed by Don't Hate Me, Tinto Brass and Piano Lessons.

-------------

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: September 16 2020 at 14:12
One of my favorite PT albums......Even Less and Don't Hate me are excellent....chose Don't Hate Me...but tomorrow might be Even Less.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: uduwudu
Date Posted: September 30 2020 at 04:48
Outstanding album. Strange As It Seems is quite the exquisite song.

Posted By: A Crimson Mellotron
Date Posted: November 12 2020 at 05:45
'Even Less', great song that gets even better when played live.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk