"Kill The Mariah Thread" Petition!

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Polls
Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2324
Printed Date: June 05 2024 at 06:33
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Kill The Mariah Thread" Petition!
Posted By: Sweetnighter
Subject: "Kill The Mariah Thread" Petition!
Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 19:30
VOTE DEADLINE: DECEMBER 4TH, 8:00 PM EASTERN US TIME

-------------
I bleed coffee. When I don't drink coffee, my veins run dry, and I shrivel up and die.
"Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso? Is that like the bank of Italian soccer death or something?" -my girlfriend

Replies:
Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 19:40
My Case:

The Mariah Carey thread has disrupted our sanctuary of good music, known as the "main discussions" board, for far too long. I think its time for the community to get together to oust this demon of anti-progressive music from our sights forever. The following harms against the board and its good-natured constituents are as follows:

1. I temporarily found it amusing to realize that it was taking control of my mind
  2. Its simply not funny
  3. It advocates immaturity, which is already running rampant on the boards and around the world, and needs to be controlled
  4. The 200 page goal must not be reached, for should it be, it will be forever known as an infamous attack on intelligence and a sad, sad victory for stupidity
  5. Mariah Carey has nothing to do with Progressive Rock
  6. Velvetclown
Proggers, stand in defense of your music! Will pop win another victory over progressive rock....

Its up to you!

-------------
I bleed coffee. When I don't drink coffee, my veins run dry, and I shrivel up and die.
"Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso? Is that like the bank of Italian soccer death or something?" -my girlfriend

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 19:48
PROGRESSIVE ROCK FOREVER! DEATH TO THE ENEMY!

(yes, thats a progressive rock missile)

-------------

Posted By: gdub411
Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 20:02

Death to Mariah Carey!!!

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 20:07
YEAH!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Dan Bobrowski
Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 20:59

Obviously you gentlemen have no clue as to the intent of the Mariah Carey thread. It is the anti-thread, the end of all that is progressive, the Kwizats Haderach of threads. One completely crazy Belushi meets John Candy with Sam Kinison and Phil Hartman with walking through the Animal House on the way to a Blues Brothers concert.

Uh, well, ya know.... It's a place to just pound the walls and give a finger to the music industry.

Or Velvet Clown's plan to overtake Western Civilization.

Something like that. So Bugger off.... Feckers! 

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 21:22
maybe at one point it was... now its just stupid... "durr! lets get to 161 durr!"

if you want to put another brick in the wall, than make a new anti-establishment thread...

but mariah has
GOT
TO
GO!

-------------

Posted By: The Prognaut
Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 22:14

I say, put that plastic woman out of her misery...  

-------------
break the circle

reset my head

wake the sleepwalker

and i'll wake the dead

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 22:23

Originally posted by Sweetnighter Sweetnighter wrote:

maybe at one point it was... now its just stupid... "durr! lets get to 161 durr!"

if you want to put another brick in the wall, than make a new anti-establishment thread...

but mariah has
GOT
TO
GO!

Shocked With all due respect, Sweetness (and I do respect you), you have only been here just over one month, and Velvet and his unholy offspring, the Mariah thread, have been with us almost from the beginning (almost a year). Thus, I really don't think that it is your place to be pushing for its removal. (If it is to be aborted, it is the father, Velvet, who must make the call.)

Velvet clowns have feelings, too, and there is simply too much genuinely funny stuff and fond memories on that thread (though most of the really good stuff, admittedly, lies farther back) to simply ditch it. If you don't like it, don't read it, let it peter out (no joke intended, but go ahead -- you wouldn't be the first) but don't rob a crusty old Swedish clown of his beloved, award-winning child. Too cruel, by half!Stern Smile

Now these ceaseless "best/worst" polls, on the other hand....Dead

-------------
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 22:55
well, i would like to point out a few fallacies you made in your argument:

Appeal to Tradition:

1. X is older
  2. Therefore, X is better/more correct
This is a common logical fallacy. The seniority of any member by no means validates that member as having more privelidges or being more in the right than any other member.

Ad Hominem

1. A personal attack made against A by B to prove A as incorrect or to invalidate A's argument
By calling me "sweetcakes", you mock my username and by doing so, attack me. Although you claim respect for me, you ridicule my position as a lesser member of the forum, in order to knock down my attempt to invalidate the mariah thread or to otherwise criticize me.

Violation of Topicality
  1. Issues raised are not topical to the original question of the forum.
The question posed was, "Should the mods kill the mariah thread?" Nowhere in your post did you ever directly claim a pro or con stance on the issue, you merely stated some vague opinions regarding the topic. Therefore, your post is irrelevant to the question

Appeal to Emotion
  1. Favorable emotions are associated with X
  2. Therefore, X is better/more correct
This too is a commonly made fallacy. The emotions held by Velvetclown are irrelevant to the proposed issue.

Debating is sooo much fun!!!

I'm a big debater. I've always been into philosophy and the like. Of course, please don't take me seriously, honestly... I just like arguing and making trouble .... but I hear ya petey, you're a wonderful mod 

and I LOVE YOU VELVETCLOWN!!!

NOW DOWN WITH MARIAH!
I need some senior board member support here people... every great totalitarian dictator had some help from the higher ups and one time or another, right?!

-------------

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 22:57
I would also like to point out the current vote:

YES - 5
NO  - 2

yay for the majority!

-------------

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 23:19

^ Pure sophistry -- you can't announce the "rules" after the debate has been joined. I reject your "laws" of "logic."

Sorry, Sweetheart, but I mock everyone's name at one point or another -- go ahead, check.Stern Smile (You happen to have "Sweet" in your handle. An easy name to "riff" on, but it could be anything, and I'd still make fun of it: Just ask Dumbo, Sleazy, and Spotted Dick -- all gentlemen that I have the highest esteem for. (Don't ask Raw Blubber, though!Wink)

I have not personally attacked you -- I have no reason to, & still don't. Smile

You are putting your own spin on my position -- I did not say or imply that "older" is necessarily "better," or more priviledged (Dick would thus be Emperor) nor do I believe that to be the case.

I am just trying to support a long-term member that I am fond of -- surely I can do that?

Yes, the MC thread, especially of late, is often nortoriously pointless, but so are 90% of the polls posted here, and the "Song Game," etc, etc.

The MC thread is VC's pet project -- attack it, and (deliberately, or not) you attack the man.

That was my point -- I defend the man and his right to express himself in his inimitable way -- not his demented offspring.

Zappa would understand. (Appeal to a Higher Authority)Wink

-------------
He chortled in his joy.

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 23:24

How is my pointing out the FACT that you have been here less than one-tenth as long as VC mocking your position as a "lesser" member of the Forum? If I wanted to be insulting or cruel, I could do much better than that.

I'm not even upset. Really. I too, am having fun with this, but I am also genuinely concerned for VC's feelings. To thus single him out seems mean, to me -- but perhaps I am old-fashioned....

Off to bed now,

TTYL, Sweetnuffins,Tongue

P.

-------------
He chortled in his joy.

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 23:29
Originally posted by danbo danbo wrote:

Obviously you gentlemen have no clue as to the intent of the Mariah Carey thread. It is the anti-thread, the end of all that is progressive, the Kwizats Haderach of threads. One completely crazy Belushi meets John Candy with Sam Kinison and Phil Hartman with walking through the Animal House on the way to a Blues Brothers concert.

Uh, well, ya know.... It's a place to just pound the walls and give a finger to the music industry.

Or Velvet Clown's plan to overtake Western Civilization.

Something like that. So Bugger off.... Feckers! 

Shocked No problems with any of that, then Sweet F.AQuestion

Why just me? Confused I'm not alone here -- I have the LAW on my side....Wink

PS, Sweet-tarts: I am not now, nor have I ever been, a "mod" or moderator. I speak for myself only. I am just a concerned citizen, like thou, and was the first "non-special" Reviewer to join up. (That's why my name is listed first in the Reviewer section, BTW.) Just wanted to make that clear to all....

-------------
He chortled in his joy.

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 23:46
PPS:LOL

-------------
He chortled in his joy.

Date Posted: November 29 2004 at 23:57
Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

^ Pure sophistry -- you can't announce the "rules" after the debate has been joined. I reject your "laws" of "logic."

Sorry, Sweetheart, but I mock everyone's name at one point or another -- go ahead, check.Stern Smile (You happen to have "Sweet" in your handle. An easy name to "riff" on, but it could be anything, and I'd still make fun of it: Just ask Dumbo, Sleazy, and Spotted Dick -- all gentlemen that I have the highest esteem for. (Don't ask Raw Blubber, though!Wink)

I have not personally attacked you -- I have no reason to, & still don't. Smile

You are putting your own spin on my position -- I did not say or imply that "older" is necessarily "better," or more priviledged (Dick would thus be Emperor) nor do I believe that to be the case.

I am just trying to support a long-term member that I am fond of -- surely I can do that?

Yes, the MC thread, especially of late, is often nortoriously pointless, but so are 90% of the polls posted here, and the "Song Game," etc, etc.

The MC thread is VC's pet project -- attack it, and (deliberately, or not) you attack the man.

That was my point -- I defend the man and his right to express himself in his inimitable way -- not his demented offspring.

Zappa would understand. (Appeal to a Higher Authority)Wink

Posh!
You can't throw out rules of logic! That'd be committing the fallacy of Invulnerable Ignorance ! And yes, thats really the name of the fallacy, no harm mean't.  II is the claim that one need not abide by rules of logic to make a true point or not.

Also, as I so stated before, I mean no harm to VC... he's a funny guy! I especially love his "bad english" response to Prog Guruz in the "Pink Floid" thread, i was laughing myself apart! ! What I am criticizing is the sillyness of the mariah carey thread dragging on and on, when it is really a big pile of nothing. I do think its very funny, but I think it'd be cool if the funniness started to be directed in other places, too, you know, the establishment must change! The mariah thread should not be deleted of course, but more.... buried, martyred. It should be put in an archive to be forever treasured by the forum members and members to come later on. Its a genius idea, its just getting old... its like a rock star who fades away instead of burning out

Again, never did i attack VC. Why would I attack a fellow lover or prog? I merely attack the twisted institution that is the mariah thread.

VOTE YES ON ISSUE 1!!!

-------------

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 00:00
hehe, i feel like a politician in a scandalous race...

(yes, thats howard dean)

-------------

Posted By: James Lee
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 01:22
There's a Mariah Carey thread?

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/sollipsist/?chartstyle=kaonashi">

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 01:28

Please, kill the thread, but as Peter Gabriel sang in Musical Box , kill it  NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.

Iván

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 01:33
How sweet would it be to have this thread and the Mariah thread always at the top of the page, together forever...

-------------

Posted By: Velvetclown
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 01:56

Thank you Peter for defending Old Crusty  The Mariah thread has been under attack many times and to quote Zappa " Who Gives A f**k Anyway " I don´t mind if the Carey thread should be put out of its misery, BUT and a big BUT it is ( Pun intended ) neither I nor Sweetcheeks should decide if it should live or die, that´s up to Max and his jolly elfs. But then again I´d like to point out that, I´m not young enough to know everything !!!

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 02:02

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 02:38
It's a joke that was only funny for a limited time.

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 02:48
It was not a joke, Mariah is a joke.

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Posted By: Vibrationbaby
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 03:41

THE MARIAH THREAD WILL NEVER EVER EVER DIE.

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 03:42

THE MARIAH THREAD WILL LIVE AND DIE ONLY OVER MY DEAD BODY!

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 03:46

There is a song on the first Lucifer's Friend album entitled Keep Goin'

AND WE ARE GOING TO KEEP GOIN'

Posted By: Man Erg
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 03:56
Dunno.
Compost heaps may not look or smell good but, some
good comes from them if you prepare them properly.

-------------

Do 'The Stanley' otherwise I'll thrash you with some rhubarb.

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 03:56
  sWEETNIGHTER YOU HAVE INSULTED THE CLOWN AND I DEMAND AN APOLOGY. I DEMAND A COMPLETE AND TOTAL RETRACTION. I REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IN A PROGRESSIVE ROCK FORUM IN THE ABSENCE OF OUR QUEEN OF PROG. YOU HAVE NOT ONLY INSULTED THE CLOWN, BUT THE ENTIRE NATION OF SWEDEN.

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 03:57
There's a new medical crisis. Doctors are reporting that many men are having allergic reactions to latex condoms. They say they cause severe swelling.

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 04:01

I HAVE EVEN CONSULTED MY DOGS ( AND CAT ) AND THEY EVEN ARE

FURIOUS WITH YOUR LUDICROUIS SUGGESTION THAT THE MARIAH THREAD BE DISCONTINUED. SHAME ON YOU. REPENT. REPENT.

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 04:09
  I'M GOING OUT INTO MY BACK YARD TO CONSULT WITH THE SQUIRELS WHO MAKE THER NEST IN MY  OAK TREE. I HOPE THAT YOU REALIZE THAT IT IS NOW JUST PAST 4 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING AND I SHALL HAVE TO WAKE THEM FROM THEIR SLUMBER. ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOURSELF? I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH THEIR OPINIONS. MEANWHILE BACK TO THE MARIAH THREAD. I SEIOUSLY HOPE YOU POSTED THIS AS A JOKE, BECAUSE THE MARIAH THREAD IS NO JOKE!

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 04:41

-------------

Posted By: Pixel Pirate
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 09:27

I am still young enough to know everything so I know it's: Krusty the clown with a k and not Crusty with a c. Common rookie mistake,but I have to say I expected better from a seasoned Simpsons fan such as yourself,Mr.Velvet.

As for the Maria thread,it's probably time to send it off to where ever it is threads go when they die. I have had fun perusing it (and even participating now and then) but I'm clearly not the only one who has realized that it's past it's prime, and simply printing: "Let's get to page so and so" a dozen times has nothing to do with the wit this thread used to consist of.On the other hand: Fewer and fewer people seem to participate in it these days,so it seems to be dying all by itself,so perhaps we should simply wait and let nature take it's course?

On the third hand: It doesn't really matter either way,does it? It's just a silly little comedy thread that hurts no one.

-------------
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 10:11
Well Pixel I never said that I was perfect, just Handsome !!!

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Posted By: Joren
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 11:48

The Mariah thread is important to Western civilization and therefore it should NOT be baleeted.

The Mariah Carey thread must STAY!

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 15:19
Originally posted by Pixel Pirate Pixel Pirate wrote:

I am still young enough to know everything so I know it's: Krusty the clown with a k and not Crusty with a c. Common rookie mistake,but I have to say I expected better from a seasoned Simpsons fan such as yourself,Mr.Velvet.

As for the Maria thread,it's probably time to send it off to where ever it is threads go when they die. I have had fun perusing it (and even participating now and then) but I'm clearly not the only one who has realized that it's past it's prime, and simply printing: "Let's get to page so and so" a dozen times has nothing to do with the wit this thread used to consist of.On the other hand: Fewer and fewer people seem to participate in it these days,so it seems to be dying all by itself,so perhaps we should simply wait and let nature take it's course?

On the third hand: It doesn't really matter either way,does it? It's just a silly little comedy thread that hurts no one.

That's MARIAH with an H

-------------

Posted By: Wizard/TRueStar
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 15:21

Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

There's a Mariah Carey thread?

yes and i am # 160!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Fragile
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 15:24

I say we get rid of that damn pesty clown for good

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 15:25
James

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 15:26
FRAGILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ye ...............................etc.......................... .......etc

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 16:04

KEEP THE THREAD GOING FOREVER! LONG LIVE PARIAH SCAREY!!

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 16:29
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

sWEETNIGHTER YOU HAVE INSULTED THE CLOWN AND I DEMAND AN APOLOGY. I DEMAND A COMPLETE AND TOTAL RETRACTION. I REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IN A PROGRESSIVE ROCK FORUM IN THE ABSENCE OF OUR QUEEN OF PROG. YOU HAVE NOT ONLY INSULTED THE CLOWN, BUT THE ENTIRE NATION OF SWEDEN.

SWEDEN?!?!

THIS IS WAR!!!

I haven't insulted anybody! I'm just leading the call of democracy, joining in the progressive rock political process (and damn, what a process that is).

New proposal: move the Mariah Thread to the "unrelated topics" discussion.

VOTING YES NOW MEANS MOVING MARIAH TO THE UNRELATED TOPICS BOARD

VOTING NO NOW MEANS KEEPING MARIAH IN THE MAIN DISCUSSIONS

(PROGRESSIVELY) ROCK THE VOTE!

and am i serious, no, not really

-------------

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 18:09
Bilden “http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/pakistan.missile/vstory.pakistan.missile.afp.jpg” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.

Another nuclear haggis on its way !!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 18:32
That better no be aimed at me ya velvet nutjob 

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 18:37
Or what ? ye ..............................etc.......................daft bugger........

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 18:47

Right that's it. You lot came raping and pillaging all those thousands of years ago and you thought you were the bees knees, big bullying vikings terrifying everybody until the picts kicked your scandinavian arses all the way back across the north sea and you never darkened these shores again unless we let you in.So there!!

he came dancing across the water with his galleons and guns

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 21:13

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 21:14
Kitties^...I like kitties!

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 21:15

-------------

Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 22:15

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 01:37
viking cartoons, viking cartoon, viking picture, viking pictures, viking image, viking images, viking illustration, viking illustrations

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 01:38
viking cartoons, viking cartoon, viking picture, viking pictures, viking image, viking images, viking illustration, viking illustrations

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 03:23

Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

Originally posted by Pixel Pirate Pixel Pirate wrote:

That's MARIAH with an H

I stand duly chastised,James.

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 03:25
And great viking gags,Velvet. I'm actually rather proud of my berserking forefathers,in a sort of mushroom-eating-frothing-at-the-mouth-sort of way.

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 03:27

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 03:43
Hey James,where did you obtain that photo of me?

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 07:48
Well my berserking days are over. 

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 07:58
I have always approached berserking in a more zen like way,a sort of berserking of the mind.

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 08:17

12 Days of Christmas

Day 1:
Dearest Richard:
I went to the door today and the postman delivered a partridge in a pear tree. What a thoroughly delightful gift. I couldn't have been more surprised.
With deepest love and devotion,
Gwen

Day 2:
Dearest Richard:
Today the postman brought your very sweet gift. Just imagine two turtle doves. I'm just delighted at your very thoughtful gift. They are just adorable.
All my love,
Gwen

Day 3:
Dearest Richard:
Oh! Aren't you the extravagant one. Now I really must protest. I don't deserve such generosity – three French hens! They are just darling but I must insist, you've been too kind.
Love,
Gwen

Day 4:
Dear Richard,
Today the postman delivered 4 calling birds. Now really, they are beautiful but don't you think enough is enough. You're being too romantic.
Affectionately,
Gwen

Day 5:
Dearest Richard:
What a surprise. Today the postman delivered 5 golden rings… one for every finger. You're just impossible, but I love it. Frankly, all those birds squawking were beginning to get on my nerves.
All my love,
Gwen

Day 6:
Dear Richard:
When I opened the door there were actually 6 geese a-laying on my front steps. So, you're back to the birds again, huh? Those geese are huge. Where will I ever keep them? The neighbors are complaining and I can't sleep through the racket. Please stop.
Cordially,
Gwen

Day 7:
Richard:
What's with you and those frigging birds? 7 swans a-swimming. What kind of joe-k is this? There's bird crap all over the house, and they never stop with the racket. I can't sleep at night and I'm a nervous wreck. It's not funny. So stop with those blasted birds.
Sincerely,
Gwen

Day 8:
O.K. Buster:
I think I prefer the birds. What the world am I going to do with 8 maids a-milking? It's not enough with all those birds and 8 maids a-milking, but they had to bring their own darned cows. There is crap all over the lawn and I can't move in my own house.
Just lay off me, smart guy.
Gwen

Day 9:
Hey!
What are you? Some kind of sadist? Now there's 9 pipers playing. And boy do they play - they've never stopped chasing those maids since they got here yesterday morning. The cows are getting upset, and they're stepping all over those screeching birds. What am I going to do? The neighbours have started a petition to evict me.
You'll get yours…
Gwen

Day 10:
You Snake,
Now there's 10 ladies dancing. I don't know why I call them ladies - they've been fooling around with those pipers all night long. Now the cows can't sleep and they've got diarrhea. My living room is a river of crap. The Commissioner of Buildings has subpoenaed me to give cause why this building shouldn't be condemned. I'm sicking the police on you.
One who means it.

Day 11:
Listen! Twitovalve,
What's with the 11 lords a-leaping on those maids and ladies. Some of those broads will never walk again. Those pipers ran through the maids and have been eyeing the cows. All 23 of the birds are dead - they've been trampled to death. I hope you're satisfied, you rotten, vicious swine.
Your sworn enemy,
Gwen

Day 12:
Dear Sir:
This is to acknowledge your latest gift of 12 fiddlers fiddling which you have seen fit to inflict on our client, Miss Gwen McCallister. The destruction, of course, was total. All correspondence should come to our attention. If you should attempt to reach Miss McCallister at Happy Dale Sanitarium, the attendants have instructions to shoot you on sight. With this letter please find attached warrant for you arrest.
Cordially,
Badger, Pester and Billem
Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 08:31

Mariah is here to stay

period

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 08:32

5 next!

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 14:38
Looks like we'll need to start a "Kill the "Kill the Mariah Carey thread petition" petition"ConfusedLOL

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 14:52
Sounds like overkill 

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 16:55
TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL THE VOTE IS OVER PEOPLE!!!

PUT MARIAH AWAY!!!

MARIAH DOES NOT BELONG IN THE MAIN DISCUSSIONS!!!

MOVE THE THREAD!!!

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 18:27

There's that word again 'kill', yes, let's kill the clown. What clown? I hear you say the velveted clown I say.Which one is he?Who say it's a he? He could be a she he he keeps changing so often he could be a shapeshifter or shirtlifter or a spamfritter who cares! Death to the clown.Bring me the head of the clown I'll pay good rates and it'll be fun first headhunter in wins.

CONTACT ME FOR YOUR MONEY AT RENT A CLOWN KILLER 0978654321 UK RATES APPLY.

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 19:09
THE CLOWN IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Wizard/TRueStar
Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 19:14

PUT MARIAH AWAY!!!

MOVE THE THREAD!!!

You realise your outvoted, eh?

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 20:11
Nobody has claimed their reward what's up you all scared or something the clown is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!Long live the clown

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 20:36

-------------

Posted By: Hangedman
Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 20:48
I just looked at the mariah thread for the first time today, and Ill just say that although i dont find it amusing enough to take part, ill just let everyone else have thier fun with it. So i voted no, if you dont like it just dont look at it. like me.

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 20:52

fk i need more votes

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 22:35
Originally posted by Fragile Fragile wrote:

I say we get rid of that damn pesty clown for good

Hey Hey Hey! What would progachives be without a clown. how dare you.

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 22:37

PUT MARIAH AWAY!!!

MOVE THE THREAD!!!
  The yes side is winning thus far.

Posted By: asuma
Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 22:38
it's here, i say stay

-------------
*Remember all advice given by Asuma is for entertainment purposes only. Asuma is not a licensed medical doctor, psychologist, or counselor and he does not play one on TV.*

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 23:41
It WIIL STAY! due to popular opinion. And we will see 200 by Christmas. Because I say so. And my dogs say so. This is pro-grock history in the making.

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 01:25

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 03:14
Why don't we put this thread to sleep.

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 03:17

-------------

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 03:19

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Posted By: ShrinkingViolet
Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 04:34
Originally posted by Fragile Fragile wrote:

There's that word again 'kill', yes, let's kill the clown. What clown? I hear you say the velveted clown I say.Which one is he?Who say it's a he? He could be a she he he keeps changing so often he could be a shapeshifter or shirtlifter or a spamfritter who cares! Death to the clown.Bring me the head of the clown I'll pay good rates and it'll be fun first headhunter in wins.

CONTACT ME FOR YOUR MONEY AT RENT A CLOWN KILLER 0978654321 UK RATES APPLY.

LMAO!!!  hehe..

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 04:46
Let's see, at this stage the no side has 41 and the yes side has 24 which would mean to me, at least in mathematic terms that  the Mariah thread should remain and I hope that we can destroy this thread by Christmas once we have achieved our objective.

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 05:19
Bravely bold Sir Fragile rode forth from Camelot.
He was not afraid to die,
O brave Sir Fragile.
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Fragile!

He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,
Or to have his eyes gouged out and his elbows broken,
To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away
And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Fragile!
His head smashed in and his heart cut out
And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged
And his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off
And his pen--

Brave Sir Fragile (Part Two)

Bravely Fragile ran away,
No!
Bravely ran away, away.
I didn't!

When danger reared its ugly head,
he bravely turned his tail and fled.
No!
Yes, brave Sir Fragile turned about
I didn't
And gallantly, he chickened out.

Bravely taking to his feet,
I never did!
He beat a very brave retreat,
Oh, lie!
Bravest of the brave, Sir Fragile.
I never!

He is packing it in and packing it up
And sneaking away and buggering up
And chickening out and pissing off home,
Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge.

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 06:18

Is that it? A wee cutesy poem and you expect my dogs of war to be called off  Well nawwwwwwwww!!!!!!

In darkened places they may find you

surrounded by your latest captures

but none of this can save you

the die is cast too late to be overturned.

Fires are burning in the valleys

fear in the night of clouds and rains

an ancient oath is sworn in silence

the world will crack when winter dwells

Posted By: Reed Lover
Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 06:24

There was an old man from Sweden

who struggled at writing and readin'

when first it was said

"put the Mariah thread to bed"

he cried til his eyes were a bleedin'

Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 06:54

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 06:56
A SLOB CALLED REED

There was a boy called Reed
He was a big fat slob.
He had a pizza for his dinner,
And for his breakfast and his supper.
He brushed his teeth with chocolate paste,
Not a grain of sugar goes to waste.
In his house a vegatable can not be seen,
Not an apple or a carrot or a runner bean.
That is why he is so big,
And he is nicknamed “The Pig”

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 09:01

The wicked clown is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or very soon will be. looks like We got Vibration Baby

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 09:22

VIBRATIONBABY IS UNKILLABLE! JUST LIKE MARIAH!

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 09:44

I Wanna Rock

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 09:53

Originally posted by Velvetclown Velvetclown wrote:

A SLOB CALLED REED

There was a boy called Reed
He was a big fat slob.
He had a pizza for his dinner,
And for his breakfast and his supper.
He brushed his teeth with chocolate paste,
Not a grain of sugar goes to waste.
In his house a vegatable can not be seen,
Not an apple or a carrot or a runner bean.
That is why he is so big,
And he is nicknamed “The Pig”

Actually it was 2 pizzas for my dinner!

Followed by a bucket of Spag Bol.....yum! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrp!

-------------

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 09:58
Bilden “http://mks.mff.cuni.cz/prasatka/pig.jpg” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 10:02

Originally posted by Velvetclown Velvetclown wrote:

Bilden “http://mks.mff.cuni.cz/prasatka/pig.jpg” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.

I'm sure that pig keeps winking at me!Confused

-------------

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 10:04
well.....yes

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 10:47
Are you two(the clown and Vibe bunny) joined at the hip. I do hope so that means we can KILL two funkys at the same yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 10:54
Who gave my frickin number out!! the damn things been buzzing all day.'I've killed the clown for you' 'That's it the clown is dead' 'The Velvet clown is no more' Well I want proof.Bring me the head of The Velvet Clown.Now!!!!! No head no pay. oh! and while we're at it, bring me his sidekick too. the jive bunny!

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 11:47
Bilden “http://pages.cthome.net/rahamilton/hmltMAP.jpg” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.

Lock yer doors Fragile , I´ve found ye

The 'Man In Black Velvet'

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 12:06
Bilden “http://www.kunterbunte-hundeschule.de/images/fun/merlin-1070315947.jpg” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.

VELVETCLOWN IS COMING TO TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 12:28

We are marching you VelvetCloon:

We know where you live:

-------------

Posted By: Man Erg
Date Posted: December 02 2004 at 12:48
Originally posted by Reed Lover Reed Lover wrote:

We are marching you VelvetCloon:

We know where you live:

Looks as though Velvet Clown is intent on having Mariah for his wife now Daaaaaaave!

-------------

Do 'The Stanley' otherwise I'll thrash you with some rhubarb.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk