Yes: Which Album Should I Get Next?

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Polls
Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64203
Printed Date: May 17 2024 at 18:47
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Yes: Which Album Should I Get Next?
Posted By: The Sleepwalker
Subject: Yes: Which Album Should I Get Next?
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:14
For a very long time I have disliked Yes a lot, though something in their music did attract me somehow.
As a result of this I bought CTTE a few weeks ago, and I loved it. 
A week later I bought Relayer, which I loved even more that CTTE. 
Another week later I bought Fragile, which I loved even more than Relayer.

I've got my eyes on the three albums that are options in this poll, but I'm not sure which to get first. 
So, which of these Yes albums would you recommend me to buy next and why?

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: SaltyJon
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:17
Tales From Topographic Oceans takes everything good about their epics and puts four of them together.   I voted for it, though I'm thinking that if you enjoyed Fragile the most so far you would probably like the Yes Album as well.  I'd still recommend getting Tales, though, because it's amazing.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Salty_Jon" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: wreckfan1
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:22
tales from topographic oceans is heavy listening, its good in the long run but the yes album "pays for itself" much quitcker, especially if you liked fragile

Posted By: questionsneverknown
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:22
Sounds like you now like Yes, and if you do then you'll probably like all three of those.
My tendency is to say Going for the One, but it's definitely a little more polished and perhaps a little more poppy (though only relatively so). 
I selected the Yes Album simply based on your comment that you've liked Fragile most of all.  The Yes Album is a little more raw and rocky than Fragile, but they make a good pairing.
Tales is fantastic, but you probably know it's long been one of the most contentious of all their albums.  It's not so easy to like right away.  When I started re-buying the albums on CD I told myself NOT to buy Tales again, but then I did and now love it more than I ever did.  But it's a complicated love.  [I still refuse to re-buy Tormato.]

-------------
The damage that we do is just so powerfully strong we call it love

The damage that we do just goes on and on and on but not long enough.

--Robyn Hitchcock

Posted By: ghost_of_morphy
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:23
The Yes Album.  That's where it all begins.  Although you might as well just save yourself repeated ordering and get them all at once.

-------------

Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:28
The Yes Album, the best thing they ever did.

I really wouldn't bother with the other two.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Posted By: MovingPictures07
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:31
TFTO for sure.

-------------

Posted By: seventhsojourn
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:36
The Yes Album. You've already got the first album with Wakeman on board, so you'll want the first one to include Howe. Yours Is No Disgrace is one of their best tracks, but the whole album is good. Nearly four decades and I still can't get into Topographic Oceans.

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:48
Add "The Yes Album" and you've got their four best albums.

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:49
Unlike Micky, who loves the album, I have never managed to get into TFTO, while The Yes Album is in my view a masterpiece. However, I have always had a soft spot for Going for the One, which features one of the best Yes songs ever - the beautiful "Turn of the Century" - as well as the mega-epic "Awaken".

Posted By: The Quiet One
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:50
1. The Yes Album (instantly grabbing)
2. Tales From Topographic Oceans (takes various listens, but in the end it's one of the most rewarding)
3. Going For The One (accessible, but not their best material)

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:51

Put me in The Yes Album column as well.  TFTO can go either way.  It turned me off for awhile, but it has grown on me over the years, mostly from live versions of the various epics.  Both of these being said, I don't think that you can go wrong with Going For The One either.

-------------

Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:54
The Yes Album. TfTO is really variable and takes a long time to appreciate. GFtO is fantastic, Awaken is one of their best tracks and Turn Of The Century is the most beautiful song I've ever heard, although the rest of the tracks never quite reach those two highs.

-------------

Posted By: PROGMONSTER2008
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 15:58
The Yes album is their best album. Go get it Big smile
I recommend Tormato after that. Very underrated

-------------
Jazz/Classical Rock(70's style prog/fusion). Lots of prog keys and melodies(all original ideas)
http://www.myspace.com/vigilante2008" rel="nofollow - http://www.myspace.com/vigilante2008

Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 16:04
^I second Tormato after. I seriously have no idea why so many people don't like that album. I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

-------------

Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 16:14
Originally posted by progkidjoel progkidjoel wrote:

^I second Tormato after. I seriously have no idea why so many people like that album. I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Erm...I think you need to fix what you said there, it's just one big pile of contradiction. LOL

-------------

Posted By: questionsneverknown
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 16:20

^I second Tormato after. I seriously have no idea why so many people [dis]like that album. I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

As the guy who just said that he would never re-buy Tormato (having made the mistake on vinyl first time round), I will say I like "Release, Release" and sometimes like "Arriving UFO," but when I think of Tormato I think of "Circus of Heaven" and then I get very, very angry (or very, very sad--can't remember which).  Really, really, really don't like that song.  The rest feels to me like a band that is giving up the ghost.
Either way, I really wouldn't recommend it over The Yes Album, Tales or Going, or Drama.

-------------
The damage that we do is just so powerfully strong we call it love

The damage that we do just goes on and on and on but not long enough.

--Robyn Hitchcock

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 16:26
In this order..

The Yes album
Going for the One
TFTO

..then give 'Drama' a go...

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 16:33
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

^I second Tormato after. I seriously have no idea why so many people like that album. I can't think of anything I don't like about it.
Erm...I think you need to fix what you said there, it's just one big pile of contradiction. LOL

I mean't don't like that album

-------------

Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 16:38
That's better. Tongue

-------------

Posted By: Johnnytuba
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 16:40
I enjoy everything yes did from the Yes Album to Tormato.

Tales from topographic oceans is a must have at some point, but I would recommend getting the Yes album first.

-------------
"The things that we're concealing, will never let us grow.
Time will do its healing, you've got to let it go.

Posted By: akamaisondufromage
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 16:49
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

The Yes Album,Going For the One, the best thing they ever did.

I really wouldn't bother with the other two.

Wink Only joking but I really like GFTO so why shouldn't you?

-------------
Help me I'm falling!

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 17:07
Okay

Wtf

With The Yes Album, you get three amazing prog songs, "Yours is No Disgrace," "Starship Trooper," and "Perpetual Change."

You also get a phenomenal acoustic guitar piece from Howe, "Clap," a fun and underrated tune "A Venture," and the well-known, "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People."

Going for the One has a strange but fun song called, "Going for the One," the saddest song you'll ever hear, "Turn of the Century," an excellent rocker called, "Parallels," a pleasant acoustic song called, "Wonderous Stories," and one of the heaviest AND laid back epics Yes ever did, "Awaken."

But damn-

With Tales from Topographic Oceans, you get the greatest progressive rock album ever made.

You get three symphonic epics and one avant-garde epic.  It is the greatest achievement in music.  It can only be heard to be believed.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Posted By: Tsevir Leirbag
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 17:21
Well, since you said you preferred Fragile to Relayer and Close to the Edge, I'd suggest Yes Album.
My personal opinion woul be Tales, though

-------------
Les mains, les pieds balancés
Sur tant de mers, tant de planchers,
Un marin mort,
Il dormira

- Paul Éluard

Posted By: snobb
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 17:29
I am not a big Yes fan, but from what I like there is their debut from the list

Posted By: Run Home Slow
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 17:44
Originally posted by The Quiet One The Quiet One wrote:

2. Tales From Topographic Oceans (takes various listens, but in the end it's one of the most rewarding)

Right on!  :-)

-------------
If you got ears, you gotta listen — Captain Beefheart

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 18:01
Originally posted by Run Home Slow Run Home Slow wrote:

Right on!  :-)

That's probably a reasonable assessment.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 18:38
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Okay

Wtf

With The Yes Album, you get three amazing prog songs, "Yours is No Disgrace," "Starship Trooper," and "Perpetual Change."

You also get a phenomenal acoustic guitar piece from Howe, "Clap," a fun and underrated tune "A Venture," and the well-known, "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People."

Going for the One has a strange but fun song called, "Going for the One," the saddest song you'll ever hear, "Turn of the Century," an excellent rocker called, "Parallels," a pleasant acoustic song called, "Wonderous Stories," and one of the heaviest AND laid back epics Yes ever did, "Awaken."

But damn-

With Tales from Topographic Oceans, you get the greatest progressive rock album ever made.

You get three symphonic epics and one avant-garde epic.  It is the greatest achievement in music.  It can only be heard to be believed.

Clap 

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 22:45
I have never really liked The Yes Album (and Fragile is one of my favourite ones), the only song I really like here is Starship Trooper, and there are much cooler live versions of these song. From these list, I guess I prefer Going for the One; as a matter of fact, the songs I like here are Turn of the Century and Awaken, but those two are really really great. Or perhaps you should get Keys to Ascension (live album), that one's got all my favourite songs from the three albums: Starship trooper (much better), Awaken (also much better), Turn of the Century, and The Revealing Sience of God (from Tales from Topographic Oceans), it also inclues I've seen all good people from The Yes album, which I don't really like a lot, but is a favourite of many people; the only problem here is, Keys to Ascension comes as two Double Albums with new 90's material added (or in one DVD with only the live songs included). You should also consider Drama (even without Anderson on vocals): Machine Messiah is a really great song; and the live DVD Yes Symphonic (it was recently also released on CD), most of the songs sound fantastic: best version of Close to the Edge, And you And I, and Gates of Delirium.

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: January 08 2010 at 23:05

Okay

Wtf

But damn-

Some of us have heard yet still don't believe Robert.We're all infidels i guess.LOL

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: theBox
Date Posted: January 09 2010 at 07:05

But damn-

I couldn't have said it better. Greatest prog album EVER, indeed!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: January 09 2010 at 08:56
I have two options: The Yes Album and Going for the One. As you write, you love Fragile the most of these albums. From a chronological point of view, I choose to recommend The Yes Album because this is Fragile's direct predecessor.

-------------

Posted By: J-Man
Date Posted: January 09 2010 at 10:30
Tales From Topographic Oceans tends to be the most debated Yes album from that era. Some people really love it, and some people really don't. For that reason alone, I don't recommend getting that one next.

Going For The One is really good and accessible, but it's not the best Yes album around.

The Yes Album is accessible like Going For The One, but it's also stronger musically. This album is fun and exciting, and I recommend you get this one next.

The other two are great as well (especially TFTO), but I think The Yes Album should be your next venture into YesThumbs Up

Hope this helps,
-Jeff

-------------

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime

Date Posted: January 09 2010 at 10:38
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Tales From Topographic Oceans tends to be the most debated Yes album from that era. Some people really love it, and some people really don't. For that reason alone, I don't recommend getting that one next.

Going For The One is really good and accessible, but it's not the best Yes album around.

The Yes Album is accessible like Going For The One, but it's also stronger musically. This album is fun and exciting, and I recommend you get this one next.

The other two are great as well (especially TFTO), but I think The Yes Album should be your next venture into YesThumbs Up

Hope this helps,
-Jeff

Similar, eh? Wink

Posted By: ghost_of_morphy
Date Posted: January 09 2010 at 11:44
The three albums that the original poster mentioned are all essential and should complete his collection of truly essential albums.  I've never thought of Tales as THAT difficult to get into.  The original poster enjoyed Relayer (a more difficult album IMO) so he should have little trouble enjoying the enjoyable parts of Tales.

The real question is where should he go after those three purchases, assuming he wants to continue to explore Yes further.  Should he sample the Banks albums (Yes, Time and a Word)?  Should he go for the end of the Golden Age (Tormato, Drama)?  Should he try the Rabin era (90125 or Talk)?  Should he explore the good new stuff (Keystudio, The Ladder, and maybe Magnification)?  And then there are the official live releases....

My vote would be for the newer stuff (without Magnification, sorry, I don't personally think it's that great) followed by the Banks era stuff.  What say you?

-------------

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: January 09 2010 at 13:17
From what you say, I think you would enjoy The Yes Album the most right now.  In fact, you have listed them in the order I recommend them to you.  All three are great albums, yet each has its own unique characteristics and sound.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: Zargus
Date Posted: January 09 2010 at 16:46
Since you liked CTTE and Relayer so much i whuld get Tales From Topographic Oceans since its the ultimate epic yes album. And my personal favorit.

-------------

Posted By: FusionKing
Date Posted: January 09 2010 at 21:36
If you liked Fragile the most out of the albums you've already bought, I'd say The Yes Album is the nearest to that. So it might be nearer to your particular taste in Yes than the others.

Posted By: poslednijat_colobar
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 01:35
Going for the One! It continues the classic sound of these three albums you like.

Posted By: topofsm
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 01:39
I said the Yes Album, since it's closer in style to Fragile, and still fairly close to CTTE. I prefer TFTO though.

-------------

Posted By: b4usleep
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 10:38

Okay

Wtf

But damn-

Totally agree

-------------
Really don't mind if you sit this one out.
My words but a whisper, your deafness a shout.

Posted By: ProgressiveAttic
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 11:15
Going for the One is a very good album
The Yes Album is an excellent prog album
but Tales From Topographic Oceans is outside human comprehension.... "prog masterpiece" isn't enough to describe the magnificence of this piece of music!!!!!

-------------
Michael's Sonic Kaleidoscope Mondays 5:00pm EST(re-runs Thursdays 3:00pm) @ Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio(http://www.deliciousagony.com)

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 11:50
Going for the One is my favourite of the three. And there's a naked butt on the cover of it. Thumbs Up

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 12:01
Big Generator.  Tongue

Surprising, of those three albums, The Yes Album is my least favorite.  Not to say its a bad album, I quite enjoy it in fact, Yours Is No Disgrace and Perpetual Change being among my favorite songs of theirs.  But it doesn't compare to the other two.  TFTO is awesome and takes the epic form to new heights (at least it did in 1973), so if you love a good epic, you can't go wrong here, especially with disk one.  Revealing Science of God is my favorite Yes song and in my top 3 favorite songs by anyone, taking a back seat only to Supper's Ready and TAAB.

GFTO has one of the most beautiful songs you will ever hear, Turn of the Century, plus a pretty powerful epic in Awaken.  The other three tracks are starting to lean toward a more accessible format, but are still loads of fun.  Although against the majority here, I'd advise TFTO if you love the epic song form, and GFTO otherwise.

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 12:03
You know what? F*ck all three of those albums! You need this:

1. Union
2. Open Your Eyes
3. Big Generator
4. 90125

Tongue

-------------

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 12:05

1. Union
2. Open Your Eyes
3. Big Generator
4. 90125

Tongue
Beat you to it.  Wink

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Posted By: The Sleepwalker
Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 14:25
Thanks for the recommendations, guys!Thumbs Up

As The Yes Album won by far, I'll get that one this week.

-------------

Date Posted: January 10 2010 at 16:54
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

1. Union
2. Open Your Eyes
3. Big Generator
4. 90125

Tongue
Beat you to it.  Wink

Damn, I just noticed that!LOL

-------------

Posted By: zbida
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 02:52
I'd like to recommend you Tales, but I'm not sure if you still will be so satisfied...
So first better take The Yes Album!LOL

Posted By: harmonium.ro
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 02:56
Originally posted by floydispink floydispink wrote:

For a very long time I have disliked Yes a lot, though something in their music did attract me somehow.
As a result of this I bought CTTE a few weeks ago, and I loved it. 
A week later I bought Relayer, which I loved even more that CTTE. 
Another week later I bought Fragile, which I loved even more than Relayer.

Considering the path you've taken, I'd say go for The YES Album, even though my favourite of the three is Tales. You might need more time with YES in order to be able to digest Tales well.

Posted By: Roj
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 03:17
Well my personal favourite of the three is Going For The One.  It features their best ever piece of music (and possibly the best prog track ever) in Awaken and the rest of the album is stunning too.  Unfortunately many disagree with me Ouch.

Tales is absolutely essential.  Robert (Epignosis) has summed this classic up very well Clap.

The Yes Album is the best of their early albums, IMHO. You have to have it.

Honestly buddy, save on postage and buy the lot, pronto.

Posted By: The-time-is-now
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 11:41
The Yes Album is one of my Yes favourites.

Tales is excellent but very complex, and Going for the one is not enough original.

-------------

One of my best achievements in life was to find this picture :D

Posted By: Falling Edge
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 12:22

Drama

-------------
http://www.fallingedgemusic.com - Falling Edge

Posted By: Todd
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 12:42
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Tales From Topographic Oceans takes everything good about their epics and puts four of them together.   I voted for it, though I'm thinking that if you enjoyed Fragile the most so far you would probably like the Yes Album as well.  I'd still recommend getting Tales, though, because it's amazing.

What he said

-------------
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

http://gnosis2000.net/ratertodd.shtml" rel="nofollow - My Gnosis Ratings

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 16:43
Originally posted by Roj M30 Roj M30 wrote:

Well my personal favourite of the three is Going For The One.  It features their best ever piece of music (and possibly the best prog track ever) in Awaken and the rest of the album is stunning too.  Unfortunately many disagree with me Ouch.

Tales is absolutely essential.  Robert (Epignosis) has summed this classic up very well Clap.

The Yes Album is the best of their early albums, IMHO. You have to have it.

Honestly buddy, save on postage and buy the lot, pronto.

Roj, believe me, you are not aloneSmile

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Posted By: GabrielGenesis
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 18:10
Tales is great and The Yes Album is a classic, but I voted for Going for the One. Close to the Edge, Relayer, and Going for the One are my favorites, and the only Yes albums that I give a 5 out of 5 for me. I highly recommend Going for the One over the other two.

Posted By: Kashmir75
Date Posted: January 11 2010 at 21:07
I'd get the Yes Album next if I were you. That one is essential to any prog collection. 

I only bought TFTO myself today, actually, so I haven't heard it yet. From your comments, guys, looks like I have a lot to look forward to. 

-------------
Hello, mirror. So glad to see you, my friend. It's been a while...

Posted By: ten years after
Date Posted: January 12 2010 at 03:55
Buy Yessongs. IMO this is by far the greatest album ever produced by a single group.

Yessongs has the 4 key tracks from the Yes Album, including the best version of three of them.  It also has the best versions of all of the tracks from CTTE and the best versions of Roundabout amd Heart of the Sunrise.  The version of Long Distance Runaround/The Fish is 10 times better than the one on Fragile. 

Apart from South Side of the Sky it has all of the great tracks from their three 'classic' albums. This is partly compensated by a very nice solo by Rick Wakeman.

I got my first ever job while a schoolboy in order to be able to buy Yessongs and played it until all 6 grooves were worn out.  37 years later I still play it constantly and still love it as much.

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: January 12 2010 at 06:50
I suggest "Tales". The 4 songs (one for each side on the vinyl edition) are all about 20 minutes length and you can be transported by the music. There's much of Jon here, specially in the lyrics, but it's a well balanced album, without the excesses that sometimes are present in the YES music.
The Yes album is a classic, but it doesn't add much to what you already own, and Going for the one is too close to the 80s. A good album, with Wakeman at his top, but it's just a collection of songs on which the pop side of YES was starting to appear. Tales is closer to Fragile, I think.

Date Posted: January 12 2010 at 22:42
Originally posted by ten years after ten years after wrote:

Buy Yessongs. IMO this is by far the greatest album ever produced by a single group.

Yessongs has the 4 key tracks from the Yes Album, including the best version of three of them.  It also has the best versions of all of the tracks from CTTE and the best versions of Roundabout amd Heart of the Sunrise.  The version of Long Distance Runaround/The Fish is 10 times better than the one on Fragile. 

Apart from South Side of the Sky it has all of the great tracks from their three 'classic' albums. This is partly compensated by a very nice solo by Rick Wakeman.

I got my first ever job while a schoolboy in order to be able to buy Yessongs and played it until all 6 grooves were worn out.  37 years later I still play it constantly and still love it as much.

Sorry, but I don't completly agree. In my personal opinion Starship Trooper is much better on Keys to Ascension than on Yessongs (I don't know if that's one of the 3 best versions originally from The Yes Album). As for the songs from CTTE, the title track and And You And I are much better on the Yes Symphonic concert, and Siberian Khatru is better on Keys to Ascension. Heart of the Sunrise I like much better on the ABWH concert "An Evening of Yes music", and Long distance Runaround is also cooler on the Symphonic version (with the problem that it doesn't include The Fish)

Date Posted: January 12 2010 at 22:47
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

I suggest "Tales". The 4 songs (one for each side on the vinyl edition) are all about 20 minutes length and you can be transported by the music. There's much of Jon here, specially in the lyrics, but it's a well balanced album, without the excesses that sometimes are present in the YES music.
The Yes album is a classic, but it doesn't add much to what you already own, and Going for the one is too close to the 80s. A good album, with Wakeman at his top, but it's just a collection of songs on which the pop side of YES was starting to appear. Tales is closer to Fragile, I think.

Going for the One may have some Pop connections, but the mere inclussion of Awaken makes it a must have, no Pop here, only Top Level Prog. And Turn of the Century is really a very beautiful song. Now, Tormato, that is a very Pop influenced album.

Posted By: idoownu
Date Posted: April 11 2010 at 20:18
I Would go with Tales, I actually loved this album right after the first listen, still is my fav Yes albumThumbs Up

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: April 11 2010 at 20:25
The Yes Album is amazing, easily my favourite of theirs

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: April 11 2010 at 20:43
 ^ listen to that man

Posted By: mohaveman
Date Posted: April 14 2010 at 15:20
I would move up in years to Going for the One which is little different than what you have previously had.

Posted By: Calculate900
Date Posted: April 14 2010 at 20:33
I'd say Tales if you're into the prog epics, but I voted on The Yes Album because it's more well-known and accessible.

Posted By: FusionKing
Date Posted: April 15 2010 at 07:01
The Yes Album. It's truly wonderful. I would have reccomended Tales From Topographic Oceans also, as Close To The Edge could nicely lead you on to either of these records. If you like the melodic aspect of Yes particularly, go for The Yes Album, if you like the symphonic aspect of Yes particularly then go for Tales...

-------------
"Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself" - Sartre

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk