Forum Description: General progressive music discussions
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6430
Printed Date: May 20 2024 at 13:56
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: DT Fanboys
Posted By: NetsNJFan
Subject: DT Fanboys
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 18:57

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1623">DREAM THEATER Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence  progressive rock album and reviews DREAM THEATER - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (2002)
Review by 23Skidoo @ 5:55:25 PM EST, 5/20/2005
5 stars  —   All I can say is WOW! After hearing the second disc I realized Dream Theater is the best progressive band ever, no matter what anyone else says. This music can honestly take people out of depression. The musicality in this album is absolutely amazing and I've never heard anything like it ever before. The only thing that even comes close in terms of musicality is their own side-project Liquid Tension Experiment's song Biaxident For those of you that really know music, this is exactly what you've been looking for. For those of you who just hate Dream Theater because you are just another dittohead on the forums, then I recommend you wake up and recognize Dream Theater for how good they really are.

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1672">DREAM THEATER Scenes From A Memory Metropolis Part II  progressive rock album and reviews DREAM THEATER - Scenes From A Memory Metropolis Part II (1999)
Review by 23Skidoo @ 5:48:35 PM EST, 5/20/2005
5 stars  —   This album is pure musical genius and contains musical expression that barely any other band can emulate. Although it doesn't really fit with the title progressive metal that well, the music is beyond excellent and it deserves 5 stars without question. Anyone who objects obviously hasn't given it a good open-minded listen. This is an abesolute masterpiece and is, in my opinion, the 2nd best DT album ever released putting it right under Six Degrees. As a forum said recently, Dream Theater is NOT on its way to becoming the best progressive band ever... It already IS the best!

uchhhhh, here comes another DT fanboy.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: McBrown
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:00
I heart Dream Theater sooo much!
But one must rate these albums without bias.
These must be compared to the gods of Prog...
like Rush...Yes...King Crimson...ELP...etc...

Blah!

-------------
"...And the lord said: Let there be metal"

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:02

Originally posted by McBrown McBrown wrote:

I heart Dream Theater sooo much!
But one must rate these albums without bias.
These must be compared to the gods of Prog...
like Rush...Yes...King Crimson...ELP...etc...

Blah!

exactly, I'm not sayign I mind ppl who are fans of DT's music, whatever.  But the part where he says the only band who is as good as DT is Liquid Tension Experiment (which is DT personnel w**king to the extreme) really bothers me.  I havce a feeling he's giving every DT album *****

-------------

Posted By: FishyMonkey
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:07
I gave SDOIT a five outta five, but I'm giving all the rest probably fours. I like DT, but SDOOT is the only one I think is a masterpiece.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/FishyMonkey/?chartstyle=artists">

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:10

Originally posted by FishyMonkey FishyMonkey wrote:

I gave SDOIT a five outta five, but I'm giving all the rest probably fours. I like DT, but SDOOT is the only one I think is a masterpiece.

i'm not arguing wiht the ratings, if you feel its deserved, fine, that's good.  Just back it up.  This reviewer doesnt he just says how DT is the greatest ever, which is pure opinion and a pretty controversial one in the prog world.  Idk maybe I overreacted, I just feel like DT fans are powerful enough to wipe out the Genesis-Yes-ELP-Floyd-Tull-70's fans combined

-------------

Posted By: KeyserSoze
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:11

"After hearing the second disc I realized Dream Theater is the best progressive band ever, no matter what anyone else says."

Posted By: Pavel
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:13
Originally posted by KeyserSoze KeyserSoze wrote:

"After hearing the second disc I realized Dream Theater is the best progressive band ever, no matter what anyone else says."

Yeah, that one killed me.

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:24

I'm pleased that hes into something musical so much. It obviously gives him agreat deal of pleasure. His enthusiasm is bubbling over.

All he needs now is toexpand his horizons a little.

We all started somewhere!

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: transend
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:27

jeez, what the hell else does this guy listen to? justin timberlake? Snoop dogg?

he must have missed a couple of decades somewhere to say this:

Well, I guess we are all entitled to our opinion, but I think this dude needs to pay a visit to a prog festival or go to his local CD store and find some other music.

Posted By: King of Loss
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:34
Well, technically Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Exerpiment does blow away lots of things, but however I'm not going to give every single Dt album/live album 5 stars.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:47
I don't know what to say, and that happens once in every 5 years.......

Posted By: chorus of one
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:52

I don't hate Dream Theater, but I definitely hate their fanboys. I've never seen another band with so many that are so over the top...

Posted By: con safo
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:53
SO he likes it, leave the guy alone.

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 19:54
Originally posted by chorus of one chorus of one wrote:

I don't hate Dream Theater, but I definitely hate their fanboys. I've never seen another band with so many that are so over the top...

...well, you know how children can be...

Posted By: JMCecil
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:10
I actually like Liquid Tension better than DT.

Posted By: Valarius
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:13

God you all need to stop whining about such stupid things. Someone ranks a DT album 5 stars and a Yes album 1 star and you're all moaning about how he's an ignorant DT fanboy who "doesn't know what music is". This guy is entitled to his opinion, and is entitled to write a review. I personally would rate every DT 5 stars because they I honestly, truely love them. I also listen to bands like Yes, Rush, Marillion and Mike Oldfield, but in my eyes they're nothing compared to Dream Theater.

Get over it.

[/end_rant]

Posted By: valravennz
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:15
If anything is going to put me off DT it is these so called FanBoys who are so over the top with their admiration for this band to the exclusion of all other prog bands many who are infinitely more accomplised than DT. Really, they should go and create their own little site which is for DT admirers only and stop ruining this forum, with their often childish behaviour and inane remarks - most often abusive of other prog music fans. When will this stop

-------------

"Music is the Wine that fills the cup of Silence"
- Robert Fripp

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:17

Originally posted by valravennz valravennz wrote:

If anything is going to put me off DT it is these so called FanBoys who are so over the top with their admiration for this band to the exclusion of all other prog bands many who are infinitely more accomplised than DT. Really, they should go and create their own little site which is for DT admirers only and stop ruining this forum, with their often childish behaviour and inane remarks - most often abusive of other prog music fans. When will this stop

You know whats more childish? 70s tr00 proggies who seem to hate Dream Theater.

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:19
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Originally posted by valravennz valravennz wrote:

Nothing childish about it - us 70's proggies have often said that we are open minded to all forms of prog including DT. However we don't act like we have extreme "tunnel vision" like so many (not all) DT fans

-------------

- Robert Fripp

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:21
What's wrong with being dedicated to a band? It's all you "true proggers" who can't accept it...

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:22

I'm sorry my friend, but that comment must have been one of the childiest ever

Posted By: James Lee
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:23
this has all been done before. stop it.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/sollipsist/?chartstyle=kaonashi">

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:24

Originally posted by Valarius Valarius wrote:

What's wrong with being dedicated to a band? It's all you "true proggers" who can't accept it...

Nothin wrong at all, I think it's good, but it seems u are just into ONE genre! Am I wrong???

Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

-------------

- Robert Fripp

Originally posted by flowerchild flowerchild wrote:

Explain why.

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:28

Explain why.

Nothin personal!!! Just u act like two childern, one saying "I think that and u are wrong", the other respond: "No, I'm right and u are wrong". The first one responding "you are childish to think that", the answer is:"No, it's more childish to think that my opinion is childish"....ok...I mean REALLY!!!!! Get me?????

Posted By: con safo
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:29

Explain why.

Nothin personal!!! Just u act like two childern, one saying "I think that and u are wrong", the other respond: "No, I'm right and u are wrong". The first one responding "you are childish to think that", the answer is: No, it's more childish to think that my opinion is childish"....ok...I mean REALLY!!!!! Get me?????

Welcome to www.progarchives.com !!

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:38

Originally posted by con safo con safo wrote:

Welcome to www.progarchives.com !!

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:44

(Off Topic) I'D LOVE TO SEE A BATTLE BETWEEN ELP AND DT FANS

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:48

On TV, with some chips, ice-cream and cola..

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 20:52

Yes, but Dream Theater got Jordan Rudess and his sexy shaved head

Posted By: gdub411
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 21:06
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=3777">DREAM THEATER Train Of Thought progressive rock album and reviews DREAM THEATER - Train Of Thought (2003)
Review by 23Skidoo @ 7:29:00 PM EST, 5/20/2005
0 stars  —   ...but this one is not even good! But don't listen to me I'm just a DT fan boy. LALAllALLalLLlaLAL Fan BOY FAN BOY AKLLAlalLALaL I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYTHING! ALLALalLALlaL DONT EVEN LISTEN TO ME !!>!>!>!>> LALALA. yeah ok... You don't even know. Hail Eris. Hail Discordia. 23 Skidoo. For those who understand. Fnord.

Now you made him cry.

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 21:10
Oh no, you made me cry too

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 21:11
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=3777">DREAM THEATER Train Of Thought progressive rock album and reviews DREAM THEATER - Train Of Thought (2003)
Review by 23Skidoo @ 7:29:00 PM EST, 5/20/2005
0 stars  —   ...but this one is not even good! But don't listen to me I'm just a DT fan boy. LALAllALLalLLlaLAL Fan BOY FAN BOY AKLLAlalLALaL I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYTHING! ALLALalLALlaL DONT EVEN LISTEN TO ME !!>!>!>!>> LALALA. yeah ok... You don't even know. Hail Eris. Hail Discordia. 23 Skidoo. For those who understand. Fnord.

QUE????????????????????????????

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 21:16
(Off Topic) Anyone like my new signature :) ?

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 21:17

(Off Topic) Anyone like my new signature :) ?

Who is Nicholas?

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 21:21

Then listen to Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory b13tch

Posted By: russellk
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 23:08
I don't understand all this. It's as though what we think about the music is
more important than the music itself. The ratings here are not a
competition, so why get upset because a group attracts high ratings you
consider spurious?

Posted By: Arsillus
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 00:01

Who cares?? If he likes them, let him!

Posted By: Ben2112
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 01:32
Another day, another Dream Theater flame war.

Gee, how surprising...

Posted By: Henkka
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 03:29
Originally posted by KeyserSoze KeyserSoze wrote:

I'm a fan of DT, but reviews like this just piss me off. 

Posted By: Hierophant
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 03:37
Who cares? Someone wrote a great review for DT... who cares?!

god those kids... i tell ya these kids these days, they don't know nothin!

blegh

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 03:41

Just to fan the flames a lttlle further I have this very interesting comment about Dream Theater that appeared in the ELP magazine 'Impressions' October 2001 from none other than Carl Palmer with reference to America and where prog was going at the time:

''I think that bands like Dream Theatre that are trying to push it forward are so bad as far as writing melodies go,it's boring.They play well but there are a thousand and one of us that have good chops,so progressive music in America is no longer on the radio at any time of day.Its a shame,because they are wonderfull players,they toured with us (ELP) and they were great.They watched us every night,they watched the tricks,how it's all done and they tried to learn their craft.At the end of the day ,there's no music.You need tunes,it's only a tune we're after,where's the tune,not a big deal,just want a tune.Simple,so it's not going anywhere,it's a shame.''

AT the time I read those comments I was very annoyed.Why sl*g off a band that clearly look up to you? Quite nasty comments on the face of it.However now I think he has a point even if it over simplified.There doesn't seem to be one great song in their catologue.ELP did instrumental stuff and quality songs seamlessly.DT seem to be occupying a nowhere place with poor songs and little in the way of innovative music.That is my opinion anyway.It is a real shame.

Posted By: topographic2112
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 03:42
I think I feel a Jerry Springer episode coming on!!!

-------------
"Rock is the medium of our generation." - Yes - "Release, Release"

Posted By: Verity
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 03:45
Countless people have stated that he's entitled to his own opinion.  "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it," is a Voltaire quote I think is pertinent to this situation. 

The question I'd like to ask is, why does it matter?  Someone's opinion is different.  Get over it!  There's nothing wrong with Dream Theater, and whether or not half of you are willing to admit it, Dream Theater are definitely a formidable force in the prog. scene.

Oh, hi.  I'm a newbie.  I thought it was ridiculous to create a new topic just to introduce myself, so I decided to forgo all of that and write some kind of half-hearted introduction in the first topic I posted in. 

Hi.

Edit: I think it's a delightful coincidence that I unwittingly selected the same avatar as another member (Though I should have known, seeing as it's a default one.), but also happened to post right after that person. 

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 03:53
''There's nothing wrong with Dream Theater'' is your opinion.Many others have a different opinion

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 03:57
Well, 'opinion' and  'recognition of talent' aren't necessarily synonymous.

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 04:06
As the late John Lennon sang: "WELL, WELL, WELL....O-O-OH WE-E-ELL

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 04:09

Originally posted by Verity Verity wrote:

Talent isn't the be all and end all if you don't know what to do with it.

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 04:13
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by Verity Verity wrote:

Talent isn't the be all and end all if you don't know what to do with it.

Touché

Posted By: El TAM
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 05:07
Thing is, DT make music that appeals to people. There's nothing else a band needs to do, and they do it perfectly well, seen the amount of die-hard DT fans. Besides, they are really nice guys who know perfeclty well what they're up to! And for anyone scolding DT on grounds of composition writing etc.: try it yourself! I strongly doubt if you would reach the same heights as DT...

Posted By: Manunkind
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 05:11
Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

-------------
"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 05:18

Here you are

(the guy in white is Keith Emerson)

-------------
"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 06:00
Originally posted by Manunkind Manunkind wrote:

Here you are

Im the one holding the flag high

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 06:09

Here you are

Then prepare to be struck down, because this is what happened historically (but don't worry, at once a friendly took the flag over and you got lifted up and survived).

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 06:14

Here you are

Then prepare to be struck down, because this is what happened historically (but don't worry, at once a friendly took the flag over and you got lifted up and survived).

Geeze, thank God Anyway, I always survive. Thanks for careing, by the way, friend of almighty prog

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 06:15

My two cents here is that us Dream Theater fans are always more than happy to discuss anything prog-related, but as soon as we mention how Dream Theater are our favourite bands, all the old proggers go on-and-on about how we don't know anything about prog and we one-sided etc etc, and how Dream Theater can't compose properly and steal riffs and the list continues.

Basically, I'm putting the blame for all these wars on oldie prog fans (who don't like Dream Theater). Now I can't judge any of you because I don't know you, but the GENERAL IMPRESSION I get from you all is "Dream Theater isn't prog. Yes/ELP/Genesis (Anyone else)... IS prog. If someone likes Dream Theater, they are ignorant to prog music and know nothing".

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 06:18

Here you are

Geeze, thank God Anyway, I always survive. Thanks for careing, by the way, friend of almighty prog

Don't mention it.

-------------

Posted By: Tony R
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 06:18

Something about the erroneous Octavarium "reviews" just struck me:

Dont you think it says something about DT stylistically that some of their fans have been  hoodwinked by a James LaBrie solo album?

Is their music so derivative that they have no discernible style signature?

Or does it just suggest that Prog metal attracts the more stupid end of the Prog World spectrum?

Tongue

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 06:19

My two cents here is that us Dream Theater fans are always more than happy to discuss anything prog-related, but as soon as we mention how Dream Theater are our favourite bands, all the old proggers go on-and-on about how we don't know anything about prog and we one-sided etc etc, and how Dream Theater can't compose properly and steal riffs and the list continues.

Basically, I'm putting the blame for all these wars on oldie prog fans (who don't like Dream Theater). Now I can't judge any of you because I don't know you, but the GENERAL IMPRESSION I get from you all is "Dream Theater isn't prog. Yes/ELP/Genesis (Anyone else)... IS prog. If someone likes Dream Theater, they are ignorant to prog music and know nothing".

Can't you just give up, man You can listen to DT every minute for the rest of your life, it's just fine with me, but now I must say that everything's probably has been said in this matter, so won't you just stop, please!

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 06:21
Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

Something about the erroneous Octavarium "reviews" just struck me:

Dont you think it says something about DT stylistically that some of their fans have been  hoodwinked by a James LaBrie solo album?

Is their music so derivative that they have no discernible style signature?

Or does it just suggest that Prog metal attracts the more stupid end of the Prog World spectrum?

Tongue

Seeing that it was Rush who invented it...

And LaBrie's guitarist Marco Sfogli is a 99% Petrucci copycat. And LaBrie wants to cannibalize on DT's success, so he doesn't change the style.

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 07:47

Can't you just give up, man You can listen to DT every minute for the rest of your life, it's just fine with me, but now I must say that everything's probably has been said in this matter, so won't you just stop, please!

I dont see why Valearius has to give it up! He makes reasonable and valid points! Why dont you stop replying if you want it to end? Sheeesh who are you to tell him! My word! Its a forum isnt it? So postings what its about.

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:44
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

I dont see why Valearius has to give it up! He makes reasonable and valid points! Why dont you stop replying if you want it to end? Sheeesh who are you to tell him! My word! Its a forum isnt it? So postings what its about.

Chill, Snowy..chill...my point was the same as almost all others on the forum, namely that the discusion is pointless. If u don't like my post, just ignore it. Who are u to tell me? Relax pal....

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:48
Dont tell me to chill!

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:49
Or relax

-------------

Posted By: Moriason
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:51
There are countless, countless reviews for Yes albums, Genesis albums, King Crimson albums, and many of the other greats that are simply "yes roxx!!!" or "genesis roxx this album roxx!!", why point this one in particular out? Oh wait, because they're Yes, Genesis, and King Crimson.

He likes what he likes, who cares.

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:52

Or relax

Hey!!! CHILL, Ok? Just relax dude!!!

Posted By: goose
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:54

Dedicated? There's a rather sinister implication of blindness in that word when it's applied to liking a band. I'm not dedicated to any band - if they put out a terrible album I'd say it was terrible regardless of what they've done before - eg. I love Marillion's first four albums, but have next to no interest in any of the others apart from the odd song. Similarly I like Rush's "classic" album and not really the others. And I'm not too keen on two or three mid period King Crimson albums.

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:54

Originally posted by Moriason Moriason wrote:

There are countless, countless reviews for Yes albums, Genesis albums, King Crimson albums, and many of the other greats that are simply "yes roxx!!!" or "genesis roxx this album roxx!!", why point this one in particular out? Oh wait, because they're Yes, Genesis, and King Crimson.

He likes what he likes, who cares.

I don't understand your post, would u mind explain? Do u like or do u not like those bands?

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:55

Or relax

Is this how you annoyed KE9? you're pathetic I'll,chill and relax when I feel the need to, not when you decide!

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:57

Originally posted by Moriason Moriason wrote:

There are countless, countless reviews for Yes albums, Genesis albums, King Crimson albums, and many of the other greats that are simply "yes roxx!!!" or "genesis roxx this album roxx!!"

Are there? Are they hiding somewhere?

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 08:59

[QUOTE=Snow Dog]Or relax

Is this how you annoyed KE9? you're pathetic I'll,chill and relax when I feel the need to, not when you decide!

[/QUOTE

I knew three was something about u! You and K9...what a pair. Knowing what happened to K9, I would just step back if I were u! Anyway, your post is now reported, being a personal attack. Good luck.

Posted By: Certif1ed
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 09:04

At the end of the day, it's easy enough to tell the difference between a carefully considered review with at least an attempt at objectivity and a simple "fanboy" review. If lots of people want to rate an album with 5 stars, that is simply an indication of its popularity - not the quality.

The quality of the reviews give a much better indication of the quality of the music, so I think this type of review is actually quite helpful.

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 09:04

[QUOTE=Snow Dog]Or relax

[/QUOTE

I knew three was something about u! You and K9...what a pair. Knowing what happened to K9, I would just step back if I were u! Anyway, your post is now reported, being a personal attack. Good luck.

Now I realise how pathetic you really are. Youve been here a week and you strut around like you own the place! So is it your agenda to get banned anyone that argues with you? I dont agrree with what KE9 said to you but you are obviously an agent provocateour!

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 09:17

[QUOTE=Snow Dog]Or relax

[/QUOTE

Now I realise how pathetic you really are. Youve been here a week and you strut around like you own the place! So is it your agenda to get banned anyone that argues with you? I dont agrree with what KE9 said to you but you are obviously an agent provocateour!

As I said, u are reported. I've been in the forum for more then two years. Anyhow, a newbie has the same rights as anybody else. I still think u ought to chill and relax as u seem irritated in several of your posts, not just when u answer to me but to others as well. Anyway, I always write what I feel, as you are yourself and all others. Finally, I'm not a provocatour, I think u are, though. And it's not my agenda to get people banned. It was the admins thet banned K9. All I do is report when people break the rules, as u just did, TWICE. And that all I have to say to you in this matter (I hope). Have a nice day.

Posted By: Otto126
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 09:18
Listening to "Dream Theater" for the first time (The Killing Hand, Learning to Live) I must admit that they don't impress me that much. The threshold between progressive music and metal seems to be blurred. ../mp3/DREAM%20THEATER%20-%20When%20Dream%20And%20Day%20Unite%20%20-%2004.%20The%20Killing%20Hand.mp3" onclick="alert'You must \'\'Right-Click\'\' and select \'\'Save Target As...\'\'';return false; - ../mp3/Dream%20Theater%20-%20Images%20And%20Words%20-%2008.%20Learning%20to%20Live.mp3" onclick="alert'You must \'\'Right-Click\'\' and select \'\'Save Target As...\'\'';return false; -

-------------
Otto

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 09:21
I hope you have a terrible day flowerchild, and I am relaxed anyway. Its you who should chill,as you put it. fancy reporting people for minor issues. Were you beaten at school?

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 09:25

Come on, there's no need for that last comment.

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 09:26
Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 09:29

I hope you have a terrible day flowerchild, and I am relaxed anyway. Its you who should chill,as you put it. fancy reporting people for minor issues. Were you beaten at school?

That post of yours, child, just says it all. No need for further comments.

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 10:30

OK I appologise for that.

-------------

Posted By: tuxon
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:00

[QUOTE=Snow Dog]Or relax

[/QUOTE

As I said, u are reported. I've been in the forum for more then two years. Anyhow, a newbie has the same rights as anybody else. I still think u ought to chill and relax as u seem irritated in several of your posts, not just when u answer to me but to others as well. Anyway, I always write what I feel, as you are yourself and all others. Finally, I'm not a provocatour, I think u are, though. And it's not my agenda to get people banned. It was the admins thet banned K9. All I do is report when people break the rules, as u just did, TWICE. And that all I have to say to you in this matter (I hope). Have a nice day.

Like your name suggests, flowerCHILD

-------------
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:03
Okay, let's give it a rest and bury this thread now, please!

-------------

Posted By: vogre
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:39

Best, or not, Dream Theater is the most popular and mainstream prog-metal band.

Did any of you read the 101 rules of prog-metaller?

They state that Images & Words is the prog-metal album, so the closer you sound to it the better you are .

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:42
Where are these rules written pray tell?

-------------

Posted By: nimrodel
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:42

(Off Topic)

i have portnoes drumstick!! muahahaha i can feel your jealousy!!

-------------
We want... a shrubbery!

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:47
Me jealous...never!

-------------

Posted By: vogre
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:48

http://www.metalstorm.ee/fun/view_fun.php?id=18 - http://www.metalstorm.ee/fun/view_fun.php?id=18

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 12:27
Hey snow dog looks like I'm still having fun here........

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 12:29
Are yopu really having fun though?

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 13:16

I'm actually having expecially with ten of my friends watching my great ideas

ANyway BELVA's opinion about DT fans is

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 13:17

Oh sorry wrong one, here you go.......

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 13:24
Belva...there are female members on this site you know, and youngsters i reckon! What are u trying to prove?

-------------

Posted By: limeyrob
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 14:41

I can't listen to DT at any time, depends what mood I am in but when I am in the mood they are great. Listening to Anathema - Alternative 4 as I write this. Wow. Anyway try Nightwish

Recent purchases include

Almost Autumn - The Last Bright Light, Porcupine Tree - Deadwish, Rhapsody - Legendary Tales  & Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Abydos , Devin Townsend - Terria, Blackfield

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 15:17
It seems to me that those who dislike DT give them more publicity than those who do....the constant debate over how good or bad DT is and whether or not they're "true prog" only increases their recognition on this site......I wonder how long it will take those who don't like Dream Theater to figure that out....

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 15:29

I just thinking I'd like to show you some cocks Burton (wow really good name really), but unfortunately when the joke gets long ( like a turgid cock) it's not funny anymore.

Bye

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 18:52
Originally posted by vogre vogre wrote:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/fun/view_fun.php?id=18 - http://www.metalstorm.ee/fun/view_fun.php?id=18

Hah, saw that a while before, made me laugh constantly every time when I saw it.

Posted By: FishyMonkey
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 20:14
Belva, I'm a huge DT fan, have been fr awhile, yet I still LOVE (and I mean really love) YES and King Crimson, as well as other stuff like Opeth, The Flower Kings and Porcupine Tree. We're not all blind, though I do know the kind you mean.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/FishyMonkey/?chartstyle=artists">

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 20:16
Originally posted by tuxon tuxon wrote:

[QUOTE=Snow Dog]Or relax

[/QUOTE

Like your name suggests, flowerCHILD

Why do you attack me now? What have I done to you? 

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 20:18

OK I appologise for that.

Appology taken! Please forgive me as well!!! I want us to be friends! Ok?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk