Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rachel Flowers at the Alvas Showroom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rminsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rachel Flowers at the Alvas Showroom
    Posted: April 24 2023 at 19:44
Rachel Flowers returns for another exciting One Woman – Two Pianos show! Join us for an Intimate, Interactive, Unpredictable, and Unforgettable evening!

Friday, May 19 @ 8:00 pm - $30.00

Rachel Flowers first gained notice for her solo covers of the music of Keith Emerson while she was still in high school. Since that time she has gained international recognition for her original compositions and her live performances, incorporating elements from her classical and jazz training along with a wide variety of musical influences from the worlds of rock, pop, and R&B.

In 2017 the award winning documentary film Hearing is Believing was produced about Rachel’s unusual life and talents. She has also released three albums of her original music, Listen (2016), Going Somewhere (2018), and Bigger on the Inside (2021). Rachel has lent her talents to recordings with Michael Sadler, Marcelo Paganini, Telergy, Mother’s Favorite Child and others, as well as appearing on Keith Emerson: Beyond the Stars, and the Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert DVD and CD, Fanfare for the Uncommon Man.

Rachel has three new albums in progress, and is featured on the upcoming United Progressive Fraternity project, Planetary Overload Part 2: Hope.

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2023 at 06:00
Such a talented lady. I wish I could attend.
rminsk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rminsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 12:00
Due to popular demand, Rachel Flowers, Alvas Showroom, and co-sponsors the ProgStock Festival are offering a live streaming option for Rachel's upcoming appearance! Too far away? Busy during that time? With the purchase of this Live Stream event, you can watch from home during the event, or at any time for 48 hours following the show. Doesn't matter what time zone you are in!

Edited by rminsk - May 14 2023 at 12:00
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2023 at 07:17
Originally posted by rminsk rminsk wrote:

Due to popular demand, Rachel Flowers, Alvas Showroom, and co-sponsors the ProgStock Festival are offering a live streaming option for Rachel's upcoming appearance! Too far away? Busy during that time? With the purchase of this Live Stream event, you can watch from home during the event, or at any time for 48 hours following the show. Doesn't matter what time zone you are in!

Hi,

IT'S ABOUT TIME ... and thanks Rachel.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
rminsk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rminsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2023 at 20:15
Rachel ended up playing for about 3 hours and 30 minutes last night including the intermission. Here is the set list.

Set 1:
- A B
- Greg's Favorite
- Silver Lining (New song)
- Improv on the American Steinway B / Time for the Prize
- Reflets dans l'eau (Claude Debussy)
- If I Could Change the Past
- Bennie and the Jets (Elton John)
- Memories of You
- You Came Along
- I Mean You (Thelonious Monk) / High Level Fugue 4th Bridge (The Nice)

Set 2:
- What I'm Feeling Everyday
- untitled song
- Before (New song)
- Free
- Free Time (New song)
- Mellow Song
- When Everything Goes Around (New song)
- Symphony of Life (New song)
- Blue Rondo à la Turk (Dave Brubeck)
- Midwest Song (New song, lyrics by J.M. Sample)
- Away
- The Endless Enigma (Emerson, Lake & Palmer)
- Play With Me (Taylor Eigsti)
- Hopefully (New song)
- Improv on the Hamburg Steinway C
- Think of Me (New song)
- Night and Day / At Night
- I Remember (New song, lyrics by J.M. Sample)
- Driftin' (Herbie Hancock)

Edited by rminsk - May 20 2023 at 20:16
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2023 at 07:42
A most excellent livestream.  Smile
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
 Post Reply Post Reply