Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jethro tull is the most anti-religous, religous
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jethro tull is the most anti-religous, religous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2021 at 10:47
Originally posted by Awesoreno Awesoreno wrote:

^Hey, we're getting somewhere here. Certainly farther than we were getting discussing whether or not "Jethro tull is the most anti-religious, religious."

Unfortunately MarcIsCringe posted the once to make the topic and then seems to have not been interested enough to engage thereafter.

Originally posted by MarcIsCringe MarcIsCringe wrote:

... My god is about having faith despite the church. Any thoughts?

I take issue with faith, and the notion of a God that would require faith to believe in it and that would desire both faith and worship.

I love this Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy quote about the Babel fish on God and faith:

Originally posted by Douglas Adams Douglas Adams wrote:

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.

The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist,'" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 16:00
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 16:02
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 23:13
Originally posted by Pelata Pelata wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Pelata Pelata wrote:

Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

White is actually all colors combined.

Black is the absence of color.

It's the exact opposite of that.

I think he means black is the result of the total absorption of light, white is total reflection.

I was going on face value...not what he may have meant.

White is the absence of all color (can't mix colors to make white), black is the absorption/combination all colors.

Yes this is what I meant and I typed it backwards because morning dyslexia. At least someone is paying attention in this thread!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 23:37
By white do you mean off-white, eggshell, chalk or creme?
Yep..I predominantly work around women
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567