Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLion Shepherd (PL) for Crossover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MChPro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2016 at 01:47
Up Smile
MChPro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2015 at 09:42
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2015 at 10:37
Full stream of the 'Hiraeth' album via 'Prog' magazine: https://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-11-20/lion-shepherd-stream-debut-in-full.  Thumbs Up Described in various places as a mixture of Progressive Rock, Metal and Psychedelic Rock, and that seems pretty accurate to me. Already being evaluated in Crossover  - added to their chart about three months ago and with two 'move' votes (and two team members still to vote) they could be on their way elsewhere (Eclectic, I presume - or maybe Heavy Prog?...since there isn't really enough actual Metal in this album to be of any real interest to the blacksmiths). The evaluation can be followed at http://progfreak.com/Lion-Shepherd-164707.html?path=pa/recent...unless it goes over to Eclectic, since they don't use the progfreak site to track their evaluations.

Edit: Samuel - you can access the Crossover team thread if you want to and read any comments that may have been posted there by the two members who voted 'move'. I can't access that part of the forum myself. Embarrassed

Edited by yam yam - December 18 2015 at 10:40
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2015 at 08:23
I was thinking about suggesting them to Crossover too Tongue I bought the CD at the Riverside concert two months ago, great stuff Thumbs Up
MChPro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2015 at 08:16
Fantastic debut album from this Polish band that's recently toured with their countrymen Riverside. A wonderful mix of ethnic world music, melancholy prog and a modern Tool-esque heaviness that works supremely well on this very self-assured debut. The Middle Eastern vocals and motifs are just wonderful and this excellent album is easily one of favorite discoveries of the year.

Edited by MChPro - April 05 2016 at 06:11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12