Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Dead Can Dance album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which one is your favourite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [9.52%]
4 [19.05%]
4 [19.05%]
5 [23.81%]
3 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [9.52%]
1 [4.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 03:53
I start this poll because listening to some Dead Can Dance recently I think I have underestimated them, or let's say underlistened. There's quite a bit of stuff I love, which is about equally distributed on the four albums between Dying Sun and Into the Labyrinth, however I haven't played them that often despite knowing them since the late 80s, and now I think this is actually a great and consistent band and I should really give them more time. I actually don't know the first two and the last album yet, so let's see whether one of these comes up with a good result here. Anastasis is excellent, if not quite so rich of highly memorable stuff as the four album series mentioned above. I have Spiritchaser but it's underlistened, and given that all Dead Can Dance stuff seem to win my appreciation with time, I should also give that one some more spins.

I vote for The Serpent's Egg but it's a tough choice, I have pretty much four and a half favourites. Feel free to vote even if you only know some of them; it's enough that you love one of them enough to vote for it. Also tell me what's great about your favourite.

Edited by Lewian - October 17 2020 at 04:49
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12