Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of my animated film favourites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Do you have a favourite of these?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [25.00%]
2 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moogtron III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 07:37
Well, I missed out completely on animated movies so it seems (except for a lot of Disney stuff, Watership Down and the Dutch Heer Bommel movie).
I don't know any of these! Embarrassed
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 07:36
I LOVE the 80's animated Transformers film, but I think you have to have the nostalgic/rose-tinted memories of growing up with the toys/comics/cartoon series, etc!

Nice to see you mentioned `Perfect Blue'! A very gripping and draining experience! I saw that on cinema as a double bill with `Wicked City', a super erotic R-rated sci-fi/action anime flick!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 07:33
I'\m probably one of the few that really likes the Bakshi Lord of the Rings (I love the rotoscope work).  I saw it when I was a kid, and it still has sentimental value.  I actually enjoy it more than the Jackson films which didn't translate the feel of the books that effectively for me.  The Hobbit animated one was actually a Rankin/Bass musical TV special, and isn't good, but still has some sentimental value for me. ).
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 07:24
Steamboy I love. Lord of  the rings is terrible though imo. Never heard of The Hobbit.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 07:15
Inspired by Aginor, these  are the first to spring to my mind (unordered list), and I have seen all of the feature length Miyazaki Ghibli films, but decided not to list them all.  I'm sure that I'm forgetting various faves of mine.  Fritz the Cat was listed more for nostalgic reasons.  Parika is an anime on my list to see.

Please mention your own favourites, as I'm on the look-out for good animated films.  A lot of these are not kid friendly, but my next to watch with the kids is Welcome to the Space Show, and for me to watch without the kids will be Perfect Blue. 

EDIT: removed the Hobbit to add the much better Fantastic Planet which I thought of after posting.

Edited by Logan - January 22 2013 at 08:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12