Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIllusions On A Double Dimple Turns 40!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 16:55
This album needs a good remix. This is the main reason I haven't played it often. Songs sound decent but recording isn't great. I quite like Spartacus though.
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 12:52
  Triumvirat's second album, Illusions On A Double Dimple, was released exactly 40 years ago, in March of 1974. Initially, it created interest in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, but later that same year became the first record of their's to be released in North America, reaching #55 in the US album charts. Interest was fueled with radio airplay on both sides of the Atlantic,
              Following the North American release, the band went on a successfull 40 date tour of the USA opening for Fleetwood Mac.They would play the complete two long suites of music from this album.
                    Illusions On A Double Dimple opened doors for the band, and rightly so, as it is a brilliant record that they laboured on for a long time to get just right, and most correctly displays the group's instrumental prowess, and wonderfull vocals. For the first time on this recording was the lineup of Jurgen Fritz on keys, Hans Bathelt on drums, and more recently joined Helmut Koellen, who was a cousin of Mr. Fritz, on bass and six-string guitar and lead vocals. Former bassist Hans Pape left in the middle of recording the album, and most of the bass parts on side one are his.
                       An elaborate undertaking, Illusions also sports background female vocals, and a String, and Brass section.
                         This record is the reason I developed an interest in progressive rock, and remains my favorite recording of the genre, along with Triumvirat's subsequent release, Spartacus.

Edited by presdoug - March 02 2014 at 20:36
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12