6 [15.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2021 at 06:24
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Woop woop! I got two from two! I had bets (with myself) that Paul would choose When the Wind Blows (for Roger Waters), and that Cristi would choose Europe. Now to congratulate myself with a cup of coffee. (It is only 9am, after all...)

I've only heard one other album in the poll - Queen's "It's a Kind of Magic" - so Roger Waters' soundtrack album was an easy choice to make, even if it was somewhat predictable. Smile

wait, you don't know all the sophisti-pop from this poll? LOL
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2021 at 06:23

Woop woop! I got two from two! I had bets (with myself) that Paul would choose When the Wind Blows (for Roger Waters), and that Cristi would choose Europe. Now to congratulate myself with a cup of coffee. (It is only 9am, after all...)

I've only heard one other album in the poll - Queen's "It's a Kind of Magic" - so Roger Waters' soundtrack album was an easy choice to make, even if it was somewhat predictable. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2021 at 05:58

OMG, am I that predictable? LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2021 at 05:56
I might have chosen the Police, but it's a Best Of so off it goes.
Stings Live album Bring On The Night is really good but again...kind of a Best Of, so poof.

I kinda remember way back in the day buying the When The Wind Blows CD and how much I liked it when I did...sure, why not.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2021 at 02:06
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

I like the soundtrack to "Labyrinth" (and the movie itself), so my vote goes there.

I love the film more than the soundtrack, but I do still like most of the soundtrack, so it gets my own vote, too.

nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2021 at 02:04

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2021 at 00:15
Europe - The Final Countdown
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2021 at 00:12
Roger Waters - When the Wind Blows
Tancos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tancos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2021 at 18:31
So I broke into the Palace
With a sponge and a rusty spanner
She said: "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
I said: "that's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

The Smiths, of course.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2021 at 17:16
I like the soundtrack to "Labyrinth" (and the movie itself), so my vote goes there.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2021 at 16:54
After enjoying the discussion under (first) A Crimson Mellotron’s 1986 poll, and (then) Cristi’s 1986 poll, I felt almost obliged to make my own. After all things (both good and bad) come in threes.

So I decided to make my own poll of fifteen albums from 1986 (since both ACM and Cristi listed 15 albums). Of course, I didn’t want to use any albums already listed, so that means I couldn’t use albums I enjoy from such artists as Depeche Mode, Peter Gabriel and Genesis (to name just three from A Crimson Mellotron), or A-Ha, Candlemass and Queensryche (to name just three from Cristi). I still had rather a large list, so decided to attempt to use only albums I knew I actually owned and loved back in 1986 (oh, those heady days!).

And then, just to be contrary, I added four soundtracks to my list of 15 albums. Because back in the day, soundtracks comprised a large part of my cassette collection (for that was how I listened to music), and some of my first albums were soundtracks. (Empire Strikes Back and Gremlins being the two earliest I can remember off the top of my head. Gremlins would have been the first time I heard Peter Gabriel, I expect. I was disappointed he chose not to put his song from Gremlins onto his recent soundtrack compilation album.)

So there you have it - my obnoxious 1986 poll. Have at it! 😜

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123