FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albums You've Regretted Buying but Now Enjoy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2023 at 01:30
4 stars 1969: Renaissance - Renaissance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5bzS0rC_F4

I bought Renaissance' eponymous debut in the late 1970's, expecting to hear Annie Haslam, but it didn't sound anything like the band I knew and loved, so I took it back and asked for a refund, but I Love the album now from the original Kings and Queens of Symphonic Prog. Thumbs Up

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - July 07 2023 at 01:32
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2023 at 01:03
IQ - The Wake. Way back in the 80's I heard this band on the radio and it sounded interesting. Then I got the album and it felt like amateur hour compared to the best prog I was used to hearing (ELP, Yes etc). About a year later I started giving it a chance and now they are one of my fave bands. I have to say they have become a lot more polished since those early punkish days!
foregonillusions View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foregonillusions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 21:29
In 2017, I "blindly" bought Artificial Language's debut album. I proceeded to regret doing so, but last year, I really came around to it. ("Turn Off the Pictures" is particularly good.)
Because I experienced this before, e.g. Discipline's highly regarded works, I'm curious as to what progressive albums people here initially regretted purchasing but eventually came to appreciate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123