Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJethro Tull : thanks for the memories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 03:53
2012 marks the first year since their inception in 1968 that Jethro Tull did not perform a concert.

They performed over 3,000 concerts from 1968-2011. Can somebody come up with another progressive rock band that comes close to this record of performing at least one concert in each year for 44 years straight? I was fortunate to see them in '77, '84, '94, 2005 and 2011...although the 2005 and 2011 concerts were vocally dismal the music was still superb.

Maybe that 50th anniversary instrumental Tull masterpiece album of the 21st century will be recorded in 2018 with Anderson, Barre, Abrahams, Barlow, Bunker, Cornick, Evan, Giddings, Hammond-Hammond, Palmer, Pegg and Perry (a quadruple trio i.e. 3 guitarists, 3 bass players, 3 keyboard players and 3 drummers and obviously one flute ). That would be one hell of a way to sign off.  We can only hope.

So I raise a toast to the once great Tull, thanks for all those years that have given me some of my finest memories.

Edited by BarryGlibb - January 08 2013 at 03:55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123