Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333334335336337 358>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 12:00
^ I go back and forth on the 4 or 5 star thing, too, Andrea, as I know others have as well.  But for me the fact that I keep coming back to that one again and again makes me want to bump it to five.

I own flood insurance, but mainly because of the dammed lake we live next to.  I'll be interested to see any of your bad weather experience pictures!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:45
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

^ My (five star) review is coming as well...

To my snowed-in/out friends, my best wishes for rain, or at least for good endurance for shoveling!

mmmmmm... didn't speak of ratings... well, I'm not sure ... 4 stars or 5...? still undecided...Party

BTW, they say California and Italy share a similar weather... I don't know... I only know that many people now plan to get a flood insurance... I will post images, guys, of the recent disasters...  (I live 70 kms north from Venice).
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:37
(By the way, Jim, that signature picture is quite heartwarming--one of my favs--and certainly a better sight than that creepy one you just had!)

My Gnosis Ratings

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:34
^ My (five star) review is coming as well...

To my snowed-in/out friends, my best wishes for rain, or at least for good endurance for shoveling!

My Gnosis Ratings

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:30
Il Tempio delle Clessidre fell from 1st to 9th position of the top studio albums 2010 list...Cry

... but I still have my review to share with you all... and I will before the end of the year... eh ehehehehWink
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 21:31
Originally posted by POTA POTA wrote:

I've played Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum from start to finish at least a hundred times over the years. It never gets old.

I'm with ya man, but I think the second album is even better!!!   Smile

POTA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 21:30
I've played Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum from start to finish at least a hundred times over the years. It never gets old.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 12:09
Originally posted by seventhsojourn seventhsojourn wrote:

^ I need to get that Areknames CD. Thumbs Up

We've had mega snow for about the past ten days, the worst in forty years apparently. Leaving aside the nightmare journeys to/from work, road closures, petrol pumps dry, empty shelves in shops etc, we've only had one postal delivery and I'm getting itchy waiting for several packages. How have the roads been with you, Paul? 

Terrible Chris! Talk about a baptism of fire - I've been taking the buses out in some awful conditions. Still if i can cope with this along with the Xmas rush the rest of the year should be easy.
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 12:13
Thanks, Jim. Any time there's a bit of snow here the country grinds to a halt. We just never seem to be prepared for it. And it's unusually early this winter.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 12:02
I saw on the tele about the snow you guys are getting over there.  My sympathies of course. 

It's pretty much the story of our life here in MN for one-third of the year.  Removing it from one's room and driveway become a never-ending chore.AngryWink

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 11:58
Hi torodd, there aren't even any buses running here so my wife has had to use some of her annual leave from work. My own journey to work, which usually takes 20 minutes in the car, took nearly an hour yesterday... and that was at 6 o'clock in the morning!   

toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toroddfuglesteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 11:47

I am living in the same area as you and the two miles long walk to and from work has taken some biblical proportions lately (Moses forty year in the Sinai desert). I thankfully missed out on the great dump yesterday morning.... with some minutes to spare. But the return in the evening was horrendous.

I am no kidding guys, but our two main cities Glasgow and Edinburgh was isolated from each other with all roads and railway closed. Scotland was isolated from the rest of the world unless you swam or or used a boat. Hundreds of people was stranded on the motorways for 12-24 hours. Even a well loved Admin in ProgArchives had to leave his car some hundred yards from his home and walk the rest of the journey. Commiserations to him and all the best.

200 children from 5-14 years old were stranded in their school and had to sleep over night there.  

I have not seen anything like this chaos in my long miserable life and that experience is shared with everyone else here. I am glad as pig in mud that I am within walking distance from my work and everything I need.     

Edited by toroddfuglesteg - December 08 2010 at 11:49
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 11:33
^ I need to get that Areknames CD. Thumbs Up

We've had mega snow for about the past ten days, the worst in forty years apparently. Leaving aside the nightmare journeys to/from work, road closures, petrol pumps dry, empty shelves in shops etc, we've only had one postal delivery and I'm getting itchy waiting for several packages. How have the roads been with you, Paul? 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 20:02
^Yeah, it has some depth.  Every time I play it I hear some stuff I hadn't heard before.  She's a great keyboardist, and Lupo's warm voice....and the songs are very good for a debut.....like I said, battling The Tea Club for my fave of the year so far....

Also in the running.....Areknames, RRR, Kayo Dot, Conqueror, Three Monks....

LinusW View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LinusW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 10:24
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Il Tempio delle Clessidre by TEMPIO DELLE CLESSIDRE, IL album cover Studio Album, 2010

| 17 ratings

BUY

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I particularly enjoy those really swirling, smoky, dark and mysterious bits.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toroddfuglesteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 03:34

Sorted....... Thanx !!

That album is not bad at all. Why only one review ? I will add mine sometimes soon. 

andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 11:43
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toroddfuglesteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 11:06
No you can't. Half the album comes up as htm files and the rest as mp3. Htm files is of no use. 
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 10:39
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toroddfuglesteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 09:32

Assenzio........... seems like a good interview..... will do. *   

* the poetry/rhyme in this post is purely accidental.

Btw. The album is no longer a free download as far as I can see

Edited by toroddfuglesteg - December 05 2010 at 09:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333334335336337 358>