Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 58596061>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 20:49
This is one of my fav reviews (out of many) personal and critical, great stuff:

We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 19:37
I loved cromson87's review of Human, by Death. Nice going, man!
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 11:20
There are a lot of really talented writers on this website, and all of my favorites were already mentioned. I hope everyone keeps up the work and continues to populate PA with wonderfully articulated reviews. 

Edited by Horizons - June 23 2012 at 11:21
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 09:36
WowEmbarrassed

Thanks to all of the nice people in here, I really appreciate the sentiments. I t feels great to know that somebody actually reads the front page. It has always been the main attraction to me - and it still is. Even if I don't log in for a day, I'll always manage to read the reviews. We have some inspired writers up in this placeClap

And thank you Sagi - this is a great idea for a thread, especially seeing as nobody ever uses the review discussion for anything other than highlighting the bad ones. 

I won't start a list of reviewers here, because I'm afraid I will leave someone out of the equation, and that would genuinely make me feel horrible.

I will however highlight 2 reviews that always make me laugh like an insane person:

Iain's one of The Residents - Commercial Album: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=170895

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 22:52
Originally posted by Anthony H. Anthony H. wrote:

Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews

Thank you including me on that list of fine reviewers!

How on earth can I not like your reviews with such a perfect line as this?

"One does not exactly have to be a John Zorn scholar to know that a Zorn album entitled Music for Children has absolutely nothing to do with the auditory entertainment of the prepubescent."  LOL
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 22:26
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, Guldbamsen, Octopus 4, neu!mann, Slartibartfast, Warthur, saltyjohn, Eetu Pellonpa, Rivertree and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews.

I've got all you guys review/ratings pages favorited, to see of you've wirtten a new review.Clap  Theres also plenty of other good reviewers, that I don't follow really, cause they don't review stuff that generally gets me all excited. But for the most part I think the people at PA are good reviewers. Better than any review I've seen on Itunes.Dead

SaltyJon Wink

In all honesty, I'm surprised (and pleased) that anyone reads mine.  I don't think myself a very good reviewer, and I'm certainly not a frequent one.

I wish you would review more. Your review of http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=357962 got me to order the album, and you also got me into The Claudia Qunitet.

@Alan. Well, if you say so...      that reminds me, I have a couple of reviews I've written down, and been meaning to post.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 21:26

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, Guldbamsen, Octopus 4, neu!mann, Slartibartfast, Warthur, saltyjohn, Eetu Pellonpa, Rivertree and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews.

I've got all you guys review/ratings pages favorited, to see of you've wirtten a new review.Clap  Theres also plenty of other good reviewers, that I don't follow really, cause they don't review stuff that generally gets me all excited. But for the most part I think the people at PA are good reviewers. Better than any review I've seen on Itunes.Dead

SaltyJon Wink

In all honesty, I'm surprised (and pleased) that anyone reads mine.  I don't think myself a very good reviewer, and I'm certainly not a frequent one.
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 21:17
Originally posted by colorofmoney91 colorofmoney91 wrote:

Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

inb4 nobody in the thread mentions me because I haven't reviewd anythingh in a million years.

Your reviews are very far apart from each other and I almost never see one on the front page, but I get really excited when I see your reviews when I'm surfing through PA's database randomly because <3

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

I reviewed something recently :O

I was really surprised when I found out that you have short reviews of DT albums. LOL

Edited by CCVP - June 22 2012 at 21:18
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 20:19
I reviewed something recently :O
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 18:56
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

inb4 nobody in the thread mentions me because I haven't reviewd anythingh in a million years.

Your reviews are very far apart from each other and I almost never see one on the front page, but I get really excited when I see your reviews when I'm surfing through PA's database randomly because <3
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 18:53
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 18:39

<(^o^)> thx brah for including me. Everyone else on your list are great reviewers who I also pay attention to. Your reviews are also done very well; perfect length and quite informative.

The reviewers on iTunes are generally pretty bad, yeah.

Anthony H. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 14:32

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews

Thank you including me on that list of fine reviewers!

I also want to heap some more praise on David - I am always interested in what he writes.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 14:25

Edited by Sheavy - June 22 2012 at 14:35
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 14:22
I too enjoy Phillipe's reviews and they were kind of my inspiration to start reviewing. His descriptions are always spot on.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 13:49
I like Philippe's reviews. I like the way he describes albums with poignant brevity.  His reviews sometimes take me on a trip.  The way he talks about the sound, the musical approach, the textures and mood, and the way he relates his experience with the music speaks to me.

I don't often discover music due to PA's database, but sometimes when I find an album that excites me, I check to see if it's in PA's database.  Well often the act is, and quite often he has reviewed that album that is fresh to me (especially if it's been Krautock, Electronic, and Indo Prog/ Raga Rock, or generally cosmic music).  For instance, I remember having just listened to Sergius Golowin's Lord Krishna von Goloka for the first time, and checking PA to see if it was listed, and finding Philippe's enthusiastic review of it.

Edited by Logan - June 22 2012 at 13:50
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 13:26
Gudly's reviews are awesome. I always read what he has to say and I feel like a better person for doing so.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 12:54
I've always enjoyed both receiving and sending PM's re reviews. It is nice to have one appreciated, and to express appreciation of others. It is one of the things that makes this site so special.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 11:01
Excellent idea for a thread, several reviewers spring to mind, I'll try come back tomorrow with the specific thoughts
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 07:54
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

^ Young Guldbamsen, despite the onerous and frankly crippling handicap of being born within the transparently gerrymandered borders of what passes for Denmark and in all likelihood being a blood relative of the reviled Nicklas Bendtner, is one of the most talented reviewers on the site, no contestThumbs Up.

Hey guys don't flatter him to much, he'll start charging!! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 58596061>