4 [11.43%]
6 [17.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best krautrock albums
    Posted: May 11 2024 at 02:56
Can - Tago Mago Smile
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2024 at 02:15
Faust "Faust IV"
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 03:26
It's fun to see "Tago Mago" called "Tahoe Mango".

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 00:56
I know Tago Mago inspires great reverence amongst fans and critics, but for me Yeti is more fun.

Believe me Pope Paul, my toes are clean
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 08:43
CAN rules, in all the worlds, it's not even close. Their magic is utter brilliance, and their brilliance is magical.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 02:17
Tahoe Mango is one of THE definitive Krautrock albums, so it’s easy to understand why it’s running away with the lead at the moment.

A friend of mine used to argue his favourite Krautrock band were Scorpions, and though he was stating it more because of his disaffection with the label (NB not the music), the Scorpions’ debut is probably closer to Krautrock than Eloy ever came. 😜

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 18:59
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Tahoe Mango?!?!?!Confused

Hi,

Hmmmm, I didn't know that mangos grew in Tahoe ... Tongue
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 18:12
Whether either Inside or Blitzkrieg is Krautrockin' enough (and I'd say that that Eloy album is still better suited to this than later ones), and I like those albums, I do still prefer the other albums. Faust today, but any of those could do.

If I were listed, then I think that Dom's Edge of Time would get my vote today. That and Brave New World's Impressions on Reading Aldous Huxley were the albums that really opened Krautrock up to me. Can took me quite a long time to really appreciate. Actually, I did get into Faust early on.
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 17:58
Eloy +1
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 14:29
ELOY
L    O
O    L
YOLE
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 10:34
I went with Tahoe Mango Wink
arturfd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arturfd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 09:19
My vote is for Inside. Eloy is the best german prog rock.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 09:15
Amon Düül II
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 06:53
Lmao, TaHOE Mago. xD
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 04:24
Yeti and TM, will vote for Can after voting for others recently in a number of such situations.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 03:56
Tahoe Mango!!!
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 03:29
Yeti, but I wouldn't call Eloy "krautrock".
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 00:36
Neu! - 75 out of these
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 23:53
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

^Throw in NEU ‘75 and you’ve got my four faves
I voted for Faust as I have been spinning that frequently over the last few months.

Also just an observation: I’ve never considered Eloy or Wallenstein Krautrock. They’re more German hard-rock to these ears. Krautrock to me is like a San Francisco in the late 60s on steroids. Too weird to be funky and “loosely fitted”.

I was going to say the same exact thing about Eloy but just went with it, lol.

Eloy rules!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 23:45
^Throw in NEU ‘75 and you’ve got my four faves
I voted for Faust as I have been spinning that frequently over the last few months.

Also just an observation: I’ve never considered Eloy or Wallenstein Krautrock. They’re more German hard-rock to these ears. Krautrock to me is like a San Francisco in the late 60s on steroids. Too weird to be funky and “loosely fitted”.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>