Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTwo Bootleg Recordings on the Floyd Page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 20:00
ResidentAlien is right, these Floyd releases are definitely bootlegs.
ResidentAlien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 20:03
Ok... I'll post this link, one more time....

www.harvested.org.

That KQED DVD is created by Harvested.org.  You can even click on the picture of KQED that's on that site; it clearly identifies Harvested on the back of the DVD cover.  A little bit of trivia here... HARVEST RECORDS was the record company that Floyd signed with in 1969, and stayed with until The Final Cut, at which point they moved to EMI.  So what is HARVESTED RECORDS?  A clever play on the name HARVEST RECORDS.  Like most bootleg suppliers, they find something on the band's history to base their name off of.  Take, for instance, Free Range Pigs.  That's another Pink Floyd Bootleg Distributor.  Anyway, you can read Harvested.org's site.  They create that stuff on their own.  Their stuff can only be obtained by trading.  All that information is right on their site.  I fail to see how anymore research is involved.

As for the Complete Zabriskie Point... I own it.  It's a bootleg.  It can only be obtainted by trading.  What more proof does one need?  But I suppose you want me to link you to some information, so...

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/pink_floyd/the_compl ete_zabriskie_point_sessions/
Clearly labled as a bootleg^
http://www.pinkfloydfan.net/t6396-the-complete-zabriskie-poi nt-sessions.html
They discuss how its up for trade on that board^  They clearly identify it as a CDR release...
http://pf-db.com/index.php?list=songs&choice=244
There it is listed on an RoIO database (Recordings of illegitimate origin)
http://www.roio.radzionkow.net/roio.htm
Another RoIO database^

And that Masters of Rock Album... that is legit.  I said that.  I spent an hour the other day researching it.  Its the other album, The Best of Pink Floyd album that looks sketchy.  Featuring the same tracklisting, the same Catalogue Number, a spelling mistake directly on the tracklist, and a release four years apart from the known legit Masters of Rock?  That completely suggests being a boot.  Especially the catalogue number.  I can see no reason for it being exactly the same as Masters of Rock.. yet it is.  That is pretty much a sure sign of illegitimacy.

Edited by ResidentAlien
DBSilver View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 13:21

Originally posted by PROGMAN PROGMAN wrote:

the album was listed in a rival PROG website ProgGnosis.com and

"rival Prog website"  ???

Gee what's next... "Hated Enemy website"?  Certainly the mutual patrons of the two web sites would consider both sites to be assets to the prog community rather than rivals.

Regards,

DBSilver
www.ProGGnosis.com
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 18:17
Originally posted by DBSilver DBSilver wrote:

Originally posted by PROGMAN PROGMAN wrote:

the album was listed in a rival PROG website ProgGnosis.com and

"rival Prog website"  ???

Gee what's next... "Hated Enemy website"?  Certainly the mutual patrons of the two web sites would consider both sites to be assets to the prog community rather than rivals.

OK point taken.....

....by all means not a critism both sites offer good PROG arguments, I didn't literally mean by the word "rival" just showing it was from a different source.

Maybe I should have choson my words more carefully.
CYMRU AM BYTH
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 18:56

At this moment there is a strange policy about illegal recordings: in The Netherlands you can by illegal cd's like Genesis Live and Pink Floyd Anthology (both featuring footage from the early years) in legal record shops. I have asked how this is possible, well their answer was this: as long as the bands don't start to pursuit the record shops that sell these illegal/bootleg recordings they are regarded as 'not illegal' ... can you follow me?

About the illegal CD reviews I often got the idea that the reviewers consider it as interesting to review these rare cd's rather than they want to add something constructive to Prog Archives!

PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 19:07
^^ very lucky
CYMRU AM BYTH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12