17 [42.50%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 05:17
Originally posted by Paul K. Paul K. wrote:

I'm torn and can't choose. They're both absolutely stunning heavy metal vocalists, but each in his own right.

Clap That's exactly what I think. BTW, their voices are deceptively similar, because Rob tends to favour a more distinctly high-pitched style, while Bruce's vocals have become deeper and richer with time. In any case, they're both great and among my all-time favourite vocalists, so I can't really choose one over the other.
moomaloo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 08:02
Halford has (or had) the most distinctive voice. His work on the first few Priest LP's is just stunning. Operatic in its range and intensity. However, I saw Priest live last year and I really wasn't impressed. Great frontman sure, but his voice is pretty shot now.

Bruce, on the other hand, still has an amazing voice live. Nowhere near as distinctive, but he edges my vote. Just.

And he once stood on my hand...! (When he was still 'Bruce Bruce' in the Samson days).
Melomaniac View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 09:57
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Halford, have to respect a man who will get on stage clad in skin tight leather to scream Ram It Down.

LOL

Sh!t !  I spilled some coffee reading this !  My vote goes for Dickinson even though I love both singers.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 09:58
   Bruce Dickinson for me. Beside the amazing vocals he has performed for Maiden, he's got an awesome solo career (IMHO) - just listen to Accident of Birth album!

I cannot say the same thing about Halford's solo projects. Although his Fight project was successful, I didn't like it, it didn't appeal to me at all. His "Two" project was too commercial. His project called Halford was a back to the roots one, sounding much like Judas Priest. He did a very good thing rejoining Priest, their come back album was big-time welcome by their fans.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12