FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSupersilent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2008 at 13:22
So, like I said, I'm currently going album by album, "studying" their music and enjoying it.

Originally posted by superprog superprog wrote:

to reprise my descriptions of their albums:

1-3  -  skull-f**king noise-jazz blizzards!!!    Absolutely. Intense noise/improv section.

4  -  this is death-jazz!!! ominous, rumbling power.......  I liked the tribal feeling here, great power

5  -  their most ambient work but full of intense foreboding Need more listens, but that was definitely more tamed than previous works.

6  -  their most soundtrack-ish and beautifully glacial work, ECM fans take note!! Finally got to this one; I agree; this paints a scenario in my mind as I listened to it, and it had some elegance to it, something which previous albums did not emphasize.

7  -  the mother of all live dvds, beautifully filimed in black n' white, amazing music that builds from canvasses of silence into epic catastrophic rock-outs!!! I'm not into DVD's and line shows that much, so I'll skip that one.

8  -  a relatively sparse and minimal effort but an effective lumbering-swaying beast, with 2 doom/metalnoise workouts thrown in fer good measure!!! I have the album as well, but I'll listen to it once I've absorbed 5 and 6 better.
superprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 10:57
here are some more relevant works if you like Supersilent:

Death Ambient [feat. Ikue Mori and Fred Frith] (from '95 this is truly dark electro-death-improv!)

Phantom City - Shiva Recoil / Site Anubis (electronic fusion assemblages feat. Bill Laswell, sound texturalist Paul Schutze and other improvisers)

Alex Cline - Cloud Plate (Buoth-impov anyone?)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12