Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsuggesting Thought Machine...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 12:16
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

Apparently the bio is a bit incorrect, but I'll try and find out what alterations are necessary and get one of our team SCs to update it. Smile

Band member Brett Waye has supplied some history of the band members to me via facebook, information which I have copied across to our team thread. Hopefully the bio will be updated shortly. Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 06:33
There is also another 'Thought Machine' - from Milan in Italy - which doesn't even get a mention on RYM as far as I can see. This is a female-fronted outfit formed in May 2009, with a single self-titled album release from 2012.

"Thought Machine is a sound achievement based on a solid metal framework mixed with experimentation of '70 analog synths and acid voices.
Thought Machine is a projection of warped human sensations in a technological, aseptic and un-humanizing environment.
Different musical personalities blend with one another in an electronic algid sound, but substantial and powerful at the same time, with a limited use of samples and programming, allowing the musicians' execution and sometimes improvisation too.
Thought Machine is an experiment featuring the voice of Simona “Aileen” Pala, the synthesizers of Elisa Montaldo, the guitars of Andrea Rinaldi, the bass of Fabio and the drums of Francesco La Rosa."

Listen to some music:
http://www.myspace.com/thought.machine (actually this page is totally screwed up - the photo is the Italian 'Thought Machine', but the music is the Canadian one!).

...or at the reverbnation link given earlier.

Thought Machine - 'Thought Machine'
14 May 2012

1. Inspiration
2. Come To The Point
3. F-Switch
4. The Autumn Lives Here
5. Death Of The Sun
6. Artificial Imagination
7. Cyber Screen
8. Come To Me
9. Warning
10. Captured
11. Thought Machine
12. The Hole Of Schizophrenia

Here's one live tube for you:

"This is potentially the most addictive album I've heard this year. A dark, creepy, future world awaits, with stories told through the sounds and grooves of cyber, electronic, and industrial metal.

Italy's Thought Machine gives us a debut that is complex, professional, and highly enjoyable, probably owing to the fact that all musicians have played in several bands before this one and took plenty of time to hone their craft. The drums of Francesco La Rosa and the synthesizers of Elisa Montaldo really drive this album where rhythm is king and the electronics create a vivid, angular atmosphere. Yet, it's the melodies that make these rhythms get under your skin in such an inescapable way. The melodies are so infectious they will cling to your face like Alien."

Certainly has a hight metal content, but the album visits other genres too, and has an overall 'prog' feel to it to these ears at least... Can't find them on MMA either, where they most definitely ought to be - even if PA don't want them.

Have a listen anyway...!  Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12