Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYour Worst Misheard Lyrics!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2016 at 10:08
Don't remember who sang that song back in the '60s that went "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire[?]," and later covered by that all-girl group in the '80s (Bananarama?), but you can imagine what we (my contemporaries and I) heard as kids in that little snippet.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2016 at 10:17
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

Don't remember who sang that song back in the '60s that went "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire[?]," and later covered by that all-girl group in the '80s (Bananarama?), but you can imagine what we (my contemporaries and I) heard as kids in that little snippet.
That reminds me, I was listening to ELP's "Are you ready Eddy" last night. One of the verses repeats the line "Are you ready Eddy to pull your faders down?". The second time it really sounds like "Are you ready Eddy to pull your p*nis down" to me.
Skalla-Grim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2016 at 12:54

I don't know what he really sings, but to me it sounds like "They kick my ass!" - "Die hard! Noodles!"

Edited by Skalla-Grim - February 18 2016 at 12:56
"4/4 - That's 5/4 minus one." - Don Ellis (1934-1978)
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2016 at 05:54
From IQ's 'The Enemy Smacks'

Actual: I still got second sight.  I still can see at night
Misheard: I still got circumcised.  I still can't sleep at night
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2016 at 06:06
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

The original was by "The Shocking Blue".

I remember the Bananarama verrsion very well. The line is "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire and your desire", but in Germany we mockingly sang "Georgie's Eier" meaning "Georgie's balls (testicles)" instead of "your desire".

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2016 at 06:42
I recall talking to a dude at a friend's party about Sabbath - the song Paranoid. Toward the end, Ozzy sings " I tell you to enjoy life, I wish I could but it's too late ".
He said that many folks mis-heard this as. 'I tell you to END YOUR life, I wish I could but it's too late'. Apparently there was a spate of suicides around the time of release ?? Not sure how credible that is, though.
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2016 at 07:09
For a lot longer than I should of instead of hearing:

"Just a man, with a man's courage" in Queen's "Flash", I instead thought it was:

"Just a man, with a man's forehead"
Skalla-Grim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2016 at 09:26
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

He said that many folks mis-heard this as. 'I tell you to END YOUR life, I wish I could but it's too late'.

I used to hear that too. It doesn't sound too different from "end your life" ...

Another line from "Paranoid" I misheard was "Can you help me occupy my brain?"
I heard: "Can you help me? Oh, you burn my brain"

In "Snowblind" by Sabbath there are the lines
"Death would freeze my very soul
Makes me happy, makes me cold".
I thought he sang: "Makes me happy, makes me come"

Edited by Skalla-Grim - February 19 2016 at 09:33
"4/4 - That's 5/4 minus one." - Don Ellis (1934-1978)
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 06:16
Not so much 'misheard' per-se, but check these lines from the song Erroneous Manipulation (by MESHUGGAH, in 1991...)
An Inwrought irksome rabbit
is washing my stomach
I can't stop thinking about my tonsils
how they are pendulating between my toes
slowly suffering from Liberty
I'm naked on a T.V. set and it's running wild
Fast, sweet and heavy penetrating into my
grandparents pupils out of reach but with a
canoes evil emotion ................

Some please explain ??.........????
This lyric tastes of Psylocybine alkaloids from miles away..........
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 06:24
makes perfect sense to me. he apparently has his foot in his mouth, which is why his tonsils are pendulating between them. he put it there to cause vomiting to free his stomach from that irksome rabbit he ate. he undressed for that because he did not want to get his clothes dirty. all this is shown on TV, and his grandparents are watching it

Edited by BaldJean - February 25 2016 at 06:28

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 06:28
^ ........o.k. - but where does the 'canoes evil emotion' fit into the picture ??
Mind you, the Meshuggah guys are barely out of their teens at this point.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 06:35

^ ........o.k. - but where does the 'canoes evil emotion' fit into the picture ??
Mind you, the Meshuggah guys are barely out of their teens at this point.

it's obvious. his upset stomach reminds him of how he felt when riding wild waters in a canoe. that canoe bucked that much that he thought it had evil emotions

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 07:19
O.K. .........But most folks (including myself) would not come to this conclusion. And the conclusion (your theory) is even more tripped-out than the lyrics themselves........
.........the point is that they are quite weird lyrics ................and backed by quite inventive thrash !!!
Long live the Swedes...............
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 07:59

O.K. .........But most folks (including myself) would not come to this conclusion. And the conclusion (your theory) is even more tripped-out than the lyrics themselves........
.........the point is that they are quite weird lyrics ................and backed by quite inventive thrash !!!
Long live the Swedes...............

you know, I can make sense of ANY weird lyrics. that's because I am very familiar with mnemonics. say for example you want to buy some items like butter, a set of batteries, a pair of shoes, a toothbrush, condoms and a Hungarian dictionary. these items have absolutely nothing to do with each other, which makes it difficult to remember them all. to help with this you invent a story in which all these items occur. for some reason a human brain can remember a story much better than a list of random items. to display this ability with these items here is this little story:

Paul has a date with a beautiful Hungarian girl he recently met who wore an incredible pair of shoes with extreme high heels. unfortunately she does not speak English at all, so he needs a Hungarian dictionary. he wants to bake a cake for her, but he needs some butter for this. since he wants to sleep with her he needs condoms as well. he also wants to use a vibrator on her during foreplay, but the batteries in his are empty. since he wants to have a perfect smile he needs his teeth brushed, but his toothbrush fell into the loo by accident, so he needs a new one.

there, all items accounted for in a little story

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 13:07
I'd just write a list, my dear
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 14:15

I'd just write a list, my dear

I always do and then leave the list on the kitchen table

Luca Pacchiarini View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 14:52
"can't you feel a****les ignite" Stern Smile
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 14:57
I've read that those are not the real lyrics to the Messhugah song. Apparently the writer, Fredrik, was so embarrassed by his original lyrics which he wrote when very young, that it when it came to publish the song lyrics in the booklet, instead of the actual lyrics he made up a bunch of nonsense in its place, or as Phil Collins might call it, Nonce Sense.

Even with it being intended nonsense, I like to think you can make sense of anything, and I have my own interpretation of the quoted mislyrics.

"Fast, sweet and heavy penetrating into my
grandparents pupils out of reach but with a
canoes evil emotion..."

makes more sense if you write it like this:

"Fast, sweet and heavy penetrating into my
grandparents. Pupils out of reach but with a
canoes evil emotion..."

A canoe is a synonym for a peter (i.e. a willy) -- the rabbit in the fake lyrics references Peter Rabbit and is a euphemism. It's all very tawdry.

Edited by Logan - February 25 2016 at 15:04
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 15:27
I do not buy this explanation for one moment, Logan. the whole thing (the rabbit referencing Peter Rabbit, indeed. and the carrots he eats are phalli and hint at oral sex, of course) is even more ridiculous than my own made-up interpretation. if this is an official band statement they are certainly pulling your leg

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2016 at 15:48
"Pulling my leg" -- another sexual euphemism.... lol

The only statement I've read of supposedly came from the one of the musicians who claimed that those that Tom posted are not the actual lyrics to the song and were just made up nonsense because the writer hated the actual lyrics but was expected to publish the lyrics for the booklet.

My explanation of the meaning in the pseudo lyrics is just me being fanciful (the carrots are a nice touch by the way).

EDIT: Here, I found a reference to it http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/136069/

Originally posted by unanything unanything wrote:

That's right...according to Peter Nordin (former Mesh bassist), Fredrik wrote the original lyrics when he was very young, and when it came time to publish the lyrics in the CC booklet, he realized how embarassing they sounded, so he threw them away and made up these crazy fake lyrics in its place. Since then, no one, not even the band members in Meshuggah, know what the real lyrics are. I can make out some words, like "We trample over (or under) marching maggots", "Insanity", "take care of your life", "everybody die", "inside", "fu**ing", "swim", and "we'll all be looking after something, destroying ourselves"...well, that's what it sounds like to me. I can't decipher the rest...but I wish I knew the whole song. You'd think Fredrik would remember them since he wrote them and sang them, but I guess the real lyrics will forever remain a mystery.

Edited by Logan - February 25 2016 at 15:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>