Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B.J Wilson - Why is there so little praise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 00:55
B.J. is not my biggest favourite drummers, but I have always really liked he´s way of playing. Essential part of Procol sound.
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 16:21
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Have your heard Rocky Horror Picture Show album

Oh ya, saw the film a few times...had no idea that was BJ though.  Next time I'll pay some attention to the drums instead of my wife dressed as Magenta Evil Smile
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 12:50
Have your heard Rocky Horror Picture Show album
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 12:43
Procol's secret weapon indeed!  BJ's drum solo starts around the 1:55 mark Wink

{Edited to fix embed -L}

Edited by Logan - August 14 2018 at 08:21
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 12:09
To me B.J Wilson is the seacret weapon of Procol Harum, its most sacred ingredience and element that you desire to pay attention to. Hes drumming is so floating and also a bit crazy, hes strikes me as a similae kind of drummer as Kieth Moon, a drummer whom was unrestrained and had a very good sense of placement and underneath good natural tallent.

I can understand the nickname "the Octopus in a Tub" cause he sat very low, but also hes armes were swirling chaos with presision. One of few rock drummers with the floating flair of a jazz drummer. Also a drummer as like Moon, an orchestrator and not obly just a time-keeper.

A fun fact is that he is the drummer of Rocky Horror Picture Show. I founs that to be a cool trivia.

I hope more drummer magazines and netsites have more focus on hem, also music forums in general ought to pay respect to the secret weapon to Procols magic.

Edited by Icarium - August 12 2018 at 12:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123