FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 15:33
urrrggg.... I thought this was a politics thread.. not a portal into the prog rock world for wacky and insane man.

My thoughts on conspiracy theories. .and theorists...  nutjobs.. for if knuckleheads sitting at a computer could figure it all out... it was never much of a secret to begin with in the first place and they wouldn't need to be acting the sage and informing all 'they have it figured out'  Anything truly worthy of being conspricy theory material is likely far deeper than anything we can really compreshend.. and I believe in the maxim that a secret among 3 people is one person too many. sh*t never EVER remains unknown for long...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 15:36
anyhow.. back to regular tuning...

looks like Sinema is taking the AZ seat... pretty much a miracle is what McSally needs at this point. Had to win nearly 60% of the outsstanding vote to win.. umm.. most of the remaining votes to be counted are from Sinema territory.  I suppose after the 2000 election NOTHING gets calls unless a physical impossibility but good to see her win.  Nice to have a Senator that I would completely nail if I had the chance.. 

and speaking of Florida.. oh yeah.. sh*t is getting real there.. hahaha.  Popcorn viewing there...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 15:42
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

My thoughts on conspiracy theories. .and theorists...  nutjobs.. for if knuckleheads sitting at a computer could figure it all out... it was never much of a secret to begin with in the first place and they wouldn't need to be acting the sage and informing all 'they have it figured out'  Anything truly worthy of being conspricy theory material is likely far deeper than anything we can really compreshend.. and I believe in the maxim that a secret among 3 people is one person too many. sh*t never EVER remains unknown for long.

Which is why I think the Kennedy murder, though conspiratorial, was a very small and straightforward crime.   No CIA agents, mobsters, Cuban expats, corrupt Secret Servicemen or Eastern bankers.   Just a few radical extremists in Texas who knew they could get away with it, including Lee Oswald, who was more Timothy McVeigh than he was Antonio Gramsci.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 15:45
yep...
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 15:49
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

My thoughts on conspiracy theories. .and theorists...  nutjobs.. for if knuckleheads sitting at a computer could figure it all out... it was never much of a secret to begin with in the first place and they wouldn't need to be acting the sage and informing all 'they have it figured out'  Anything truly worthy of being conspricy theory material is likely far deeper than anything we can really compreshend.. and I believe in the maxim that a secret among 3 people is one person too many. sh*t never EVER remains unknown for long.

Which is why I think the Kennedy murder, though conspiratorial, was a very small and straightforward crime.   No CIA agents, mobsters, Cuban expats, corrupt Secret Servicemen or Eastern bankers.   Just a few radical extremists in Texas who knew they could get away with it, including Lee Oswald, who was more Timothy McVeigh than he was Antonio Gramsci.

Not according to ex-CIA whistleblowers like Kevin Shipp and Robert David Steele. They go into great lengths about how they know it was a CIA job. True or not? I dunno but they offer convincing testimonies to the possibilities thereof.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 15:51

urrrggg.... I thought this was a politics thread.. not a portal into the prog rock world for wacky and insane man.

My thoughts on conspiracy theories. .and theorists...  nutjobs.. for if knuckleheads sitting at a computer could figure it all out... it was never much of a secret to begin with in the first place and they wouldn't need to be acting the sage and informing all 'they have it figured out'  Anything truly worthy of being conspricy theory material is likely far deeper than anything we can really compreshend.. and I believe in the maxim that a secret among 3 people is one person too many. sh*t never EVER remains unknown for long...

That's true for the modern era but remember a lot of this stuff happened long before sh*t was a Google search away. The fact that this stuff is no longer a secret is exactly because of all the knuckleheads sitting at a computer sifting and searching, seeking and cogitating upon. OK, nuff of this. Back to Trump bashing.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 15:53
yeah.. thanks... Trump bashing and reveling in team Blue's midterm victory is more fun than reading the last couple of pages has been LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 16:19
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Not according to ex-CIA whistleblowers like Kevin Shipp and Robert David Steele. They go into great lengths about how they know it was a CIA job. True or not? I dunno but they offer convincing testimonies to the possibilities thereof.

Don't try matching wits with me regarding the Kennedy assassination.   I've been a student of it for thirty years and read every significant book on the subject (at least 150 titles), scoured documents, testimony, recordings, photos, witness accounts.   The truth is that no one knows exactly what happened.   The CIA was involved in the coverup afterward (and possibly before), but not the crime itself.   To think a spy agency who works for the President and and may not conduct any operations within the country killed him is, well, naive.    Besides, a president is only in office for eight years at most--  what would be the point of killing him?

If you look at the empirical evidence ~ documentation, testimony, photos, etc. ~ the most likely culprit were a small band of extremists in the South (including ex-military).   People like General Walker and his rightist cronies.   They were violent, vitriolic, and seething with racist, antisemitic & anticommunist fear.

Look into a man named Joseph A. Milteer and a book about him by an ex-FBI man named Don Adams called From an Office Building with a High-Powered Rifle.   Another excellent one is General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy.

'Til then, as far as the assassination of the 35th president goes, don't even go there.   I'll will tear you to pieces every time.   Just fair warning.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 16:26

Don't try matching wits with me regarding the Kennedy assassination.   I've been a student of it for thirty years and read every significant book on the subject (at least 150 titles), scoured documents, testimony, recordings, photos, witness accounts.   The truth is that no one knows exactly what happened.   The CIA was involved in the coverup afterward (and possibly before), but not the crime itself.   To think a spy agency who works for the President and and may not conduct any operations within the country killed him is, well, naive.    Besides, a president is only in office for eight years at most--  what would be the point of killing him?

If you look at the empirical evidence ~ documentation, testimony, photos, etc. ~ the most likely culprit were a small band of extremists in the South (including ex-military).   People like General Walker and his rightist cronies.   They were violent, vitriolic, and seething with racist, antisemitic & anticommunist fear.

Look into a man named Joseph A. Milteer and a book about him by an ex-FBI man named Don Adams called From an Office Building with a High-Powered Rifle.   Another excellent one is General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy.

'Til then, as far as the assassination of the 35th president goes, don't even go there.   I'll will tear you to pieces every time.   Just fair warning.

Whoah! Don't have a cow man. This isn't a pissing contest. It's a friendly sharing of info.  As you state, no one knows what happened. I'm merely bringing up two compelling names who have inside knowledge that neither you nor i do. Either check them out or not. Kudos to your dedication to the research of it all but getting all aggro is a bit silly, i do say.

And THANKS!!!! for those recommendations. I love checking out all angles Wink

Edited by siLLy puPPy - November 12 2018 at 16:27

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 16:34
Okay, we'll leave the Assassination at that.   Hope you look into one of those books.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 16:39
hahaha.. remind me never to get on your bad side David. I have the reputation of having the temperment and consciousness of a rattlesnake around here for stupidity.. but you are da Cobra man..

anyhow...  to Florida the thread goes for I suppose this one might be as wacky as 2000 went.. perhaps even going to the Supreme Court.

From my understanding...they are now under a recount by machine..  if still under a .25% difference after that.. and highly likely it will be regardless .  and it is under a .2 difference now.. it goes to a hand count.. but .. there is a big but...

in 2000 we had 'hanging chad' burned into our consciousness..  this year.. it will be 'undervoting'

it seems a lot of democratic votes for Nelson were lost.. not registered.. for the placement on the ballot. Some did not see the option for Senatorian vote. The Governor race had more votes tallied than the Senator race. From what I understand.. those undervoted ballots are what will be counted.. and thus the lawsuits will flow if the result is reversed.

buckle up Political junkies....  

Edited by micky - November 12 2018 at 16:43
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 18:14

Are you for real? Any practicing lawyers' law books will tell you what these things mean. This is why i pretty much avoid this thread. Anything that falls outside the scope of the opinions of those who post here is immediately brushed off as a conspiracy, including laws that were set up by the founding fathers back in the 1700s and still apply today. Whatever, live in your own world.

I am for real. And I brush off any sort of inanity when I see it. I am aware of Maritime Admiralty Law, and I agree with the accountant rogerthat's interpretation of the law, which is fairly straightforward as to what it governs. Maritime Admiralty Law does not govern interstate commerce in the U.S., which is the purview of the Federal Trade Commission, and the bulk of interstate-commerce regulatory agencies are to be found in the FCC (broadcasting) or the FTC (antitrust provisions). That would include the Internet as well. Oh yes, and the Admiralty Laws do not apply to aviation, air commerce or airports. Aviation law in the United States is not held under the same Federal mandate of jurisdiction as admiralty law. So there goes a huge chunk of your conspiracy up in smoke...or perhaps up in the clouds.

The Admiralty Laws govern commerce on navigable waters, not on land. What I find particularly humorous is that you cited www.law.cornell.edu but failed to look at the first paragraph of the Overview:

Admiralty law or maritime law is the distinct body of law (both substantive and procedural) governing navigation and shipping. Topics associated with this field in legal reference works may include: shipping; navigation; waters; commerce; seamen; towage; wharves, piers, and docks; insurance; maritime liens; canals; and recreation. Piracy (ship hijacking) is also an aspect of admiralty.

which basically spells out in detail the specifics of the laws. But this bores me to tears. 

What I would also like to talk about is conflation. As in you conflating one conspiracy with another or more. Like for instance the daft notion that the Vatican rules the world, and not only that, that the Vatican rules the world via Maritime Admiralty Law. This, of course, should not be confused with the New World Order conspiracy (still popular in some segments of the web), the Communist International Conspiracy (currently out of vogue, because there aren't enough communists left to perpetrate it), or the Protocols of the Elders of Zion (I am still waiting for you to conflate that one into your current conspiracy). Of course, we can't forget Illuminati, which has certainly taken an intellectual hit recently with the inclusion of Beyonce and Jay-Z  in their inner circle. Somehow, I can't imagine Da Vinci being pleased.

The fact is, the Vatican can't even govern itself, and the Catholic Church is losing millions of adherents yearly. Recently, one of the most Catholic countries in the world, Ireland, for all intents and purposes threw off the yoke of centuries of Catholic repression by legalizing abortion. The Church is hemorrhaging money from settlements for its pedophile priests across the globe. This is not a well-run organization.

As a medievalist, I can tell you without equivocation that Papal power reached its zenith prior to the Papal Schism of 1378. That power was all but destroyed by the Schism and the incredibly venal, corrupt and profligate Borgia, Medici and della Rovere Renaissance popes who caused the Reformation. Most of the silly conspiracies about the Vatican begin during the Counter-Reformation. From the Protestant point of view, if you don't have a wealthy Jew to screw, a Catholic pope will do. 

Edited by The Dark Elf - November 12 2018 at 18:17
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 18:28
^ In respect for the thread and those who don't want this to carry on into infinity i'll be brief.

It's not about what YOU interpret the text as. It's what the courts do. First you say above Maritime law doesn't exist and now you do. Whatever. Don't take my word for it. Dig deeper. It makes much more sense.

I've merely presented some info that i find fascinating and has a high probability of truthfulness. You can take it any way you want. If you don't like then just move on. Poof. It doesn't exist! For those who do want to pursue this further, they've already taken it in and done so. Peace out.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 18:44

^ In respect for the thread and those who don't want this to carry on into infinity i'll be brief.

It's not about what YOU interpret the text as. It's what the courts do. First you say above Maritime law doesn't exist and now you do. Whatever. Don't take my word for it. Dig deeper. It makes much more sense.

I've merely presented some info that i find fascinating and has a high probability of truthfulness. You can take it any way you want. If you don't like then just move on. Poof. It doesn't exist! For those who do want to pursue this further, they've already taken it in and done so. Peace out.

Not only are you rotating in a vigorous circle motion on your little conspiracy wheel, you evidently lack the ability to comprehend what was typed. Please, show me where I ever stated Maritime law doesn't exist. Quote the precise passage, please. I even pointed out where you misidentified the actual term Maritime Admiralty Law, whereas you were saying "Maritime Admiral Law". Then you conflate one conspiracy theory with an older one about the Vatican, and you don't understand that this is ground that's been gone over thoroughly and debunked before you were even born.

I find Greek and Norse mythology fascinating, but I am quite sure Thor won't be riding in on Pegasus anytime soon. Hi-yo Peggie! Wacko
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 18:49
And now Sinema wins for the AZ senate.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 19:41
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Not only are you rotating in a vigorous circle motion on your little conspiracy wheel, you evidently lack the ability to comprehend what was typed. Please, show me where I ever stated Maritime law doesn't exist. Quote the precise passage, please. I even pointed out where you misidentified the actual term Maritime Admiralty Law, whereas you were saying "Maritime Admiral Law". Then you conflate one conspiracy theory with an older one about the Vatican, and you don't understand that this is ground that's been gone over thoroughly and debunked before you were even born.

I find Greek and Norse mythology fascinating, but I am quite sure Thor won't be riding in on Pegasus anytime soon. Hi-yo Peggie! Wacko

Ah, you're right. My apologies. You did NOT say it doesn't exist. I shouldn't respoond when i wake up. Excuse the typos and auto correct blunders. Typed much of that on phone. Never bother to correct for errors in that format. Nor have i presented my disparite findings in a cohesive manner. So i concur that it all sounds a little kooky, granted. My bad.

You don't seem to understand what a conspiracy is though.

con·spir·a·cy

(kən-spîr′ə-sē)
n. pl. con·spir·a·cies
1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime oraccomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: conspiracy of wind andtide that devastated coastal areas.

It's a fun little word but learn how to use it. Interpretations of laws are not tantamount to a conspiracy.

As for Maritime Admiralty Law, you seem to know very little about it or how it's been applied to modern times. A dictionary definition is only a rough guide to its overall meaning. The real extent of its usage is quite broad and yes it does tie into ancient Babylonians, Egyptians and Romans via the Vatican. There is absolutely nothing controversial or untrue about those claims. How Martime Law has been applied through various court cases and the like is a matter of public records, not the product of a fertile mind that has nothing better to do than conjecture possibiliites for the sake of mental masturbation. 

Just one example cited from a law website. Conspiracy? Me no thinka so LOL

Maritime law is the law of the sea.  It can apply to a whole host of different scenarios such as contracts for passage, salvage claims, injuries, etc.  For the purposes of this writing, I will limit my discussion of the applicability of maritime law to injury cases.

When people ask me, “when does maritime law apply?” they are essentially asking a question of jurisdiction.  Jurisdiction is a fancy legal term that essentially means a courts power to decide a case or issue a decree.  Now throughout this piece, I will likely be interchanging maritime and admiralty.  While today the words are synonymous, originally admiralty was used in jurisdictional issues and maritime was used in issues with shipping and commerce.

In order for a court to hear a maritime case, the initial complaint must allege that admiralty law presides over the case.  Now for a history lesson on how the courts of this country developed the ability to hear maritime cases.  Originally, the US Constitution only allowed admiralty cases to be heard by the Supreme Court.  However, the Judiciary Act of 1789 allowed the Congress to confer maritime jurisdiction to inferior US Federal Courts (like the Southern District of Florida where most cruise cases must be heard).  Another later piece of legislation allowed admiralty cases to be heard in state courts as well.

Admiralty law is old, REALLY old.  Admiralty laws and codes were some of the first governing rules to be written down.  The ancient Babylonians, Egyptians and Romans all had admiralty laws on their clay tablets.  As the US was founded by Great Britain, generally, we inherited the admiralty law at the time of the Revolution.  In England, admiralty law applied to anything that happened on the ocean and the tidal waters of its rivers (basically, if the river rose and sank with the tide, it was covered by admiralty).  However, once our young country and its Courts started to hear admiralty cases, we adapted new requirements to fit our country’s needs.

In 1857 a seminal US Supreme Court case was decided that switched our definition of admiralty jurisdiction.  In Jackson et al. v. Steamboat Magnolia, the Court eliminated the “tidal” requirement for jurisdiction and created a necessity for the water in which the accident occurred to support international and interstate commerce.  What this did was allow for the large rivers and lakes of this country to now be under admiralty jurisdiction.  For example, under the old English view, only a small portion of the Mississippi River (not to mention all the large rivers that feed into it) would have been under admiralty jurisdiction.  Over the years, this too has changed into the new standard.  The modern standard of maritime jurisdiction for accidents that occur on events on the high seas, territorial seas and the inland waters of the US so long as they satisfy the requirement of being “navigable waters.”  Generally, inland water of the US is “navigable” if:

1. It is capable of supporting maritime commerce;
  2. It runs through two states or empties into the sea; and
  3. It is presently sustaining maritime commerce.
---------------------

In other words, you are correct in how you are reading the dictionary definition but my argument is that it isn't necessarily interpreted in an identicle manner in practice which creates unforeseen precedence that takes new forms in various jurisdictions. The loosely defined "originating on navagable waters" pretty much offers a lot of wiggle room as to exactly constitutes jurisdiction. OK, i shouldn't have brought the Vatican part into it. You are correct that modern day institution is morally decrepit and reaching its ultimate downfall. My point was focused on where the laws ORIGINATED from therefore having virtually nothing to do with the modern day state of the church. Once again, i realize that my nebulous impulsive posts were not as thoughfully crafted as they should've been considering the range of subject matter presented within them. Once again, my bad. This all erupted in spurts during periods of distraction. As i stated prior, this was all explained to me in a much more cohesive manner by legal experts who have practiced law for decades and when presented properly gives a more tangible understanding. I also presented this as to find out if anyone else has heard of any of these because i'm quite curious who else has brushed up with these sorts of things.

Edited by siLLy puPPy - November 12 2018 at 19:44

rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 23:42

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Not only are you rotating in a vigorous circle motion on your little conspiracy wheel, you evidently lack the ability to comprehend what was typed. Please, show me where I ever stated Maritime law doesn't exist. Quote the precise passage, please. I even pointed out where you misidentified the actual term Maritime Admiralty Law, whereas you were saying <span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">"</span><span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Maritime Admiral Law". Then you conflate one conspiracy theory with an older one about the Vatican, and you don't understand that this is ground that's been gone over thoroughly and debunked before you were even born.</span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">I find Greek and Norse mythology fascinating, but I am quite sure Thor won't be riding in on Pegasus anytime soon. Hi-yo Peggie! Wacko</span>

Ah, you're right. My apologies. You did NOT say it doesn't exist. I shouldn't respoond when i wake up. Excuse the typos and auto correct blunders. Typed much of that on phone. Never bother to correct for errors in that format. Nor have i presented my disparite findings in a cohesive manner. So i concur that it all sounds a little kooky, granted. My bad.

You don't seem to understand what a conspiracy is though.
<h2 style="-sizing: inherit; font-size: 1.8rem; line-height: 1.8rem; font-weight: normal; display: inline-block; margin: 0px 0.7rem 6px 0px; caret-color: rgb64, 64, 64; color: rgb64, 64, 64; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">con·spir·a·cy</h2><span style="caret-color: rgb64, 64, 64; color: rgb64, 64, 64; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> </span><span ="snd"="" -snd="C0586500" style="-sizing: inherit; vertical-align: text-bottom; margin: 0px 3px 2px; display: inline-block; caret-color: rgb64, 64, 64; color: rgb64, 64, 64; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><span title="" class="i snd-icon-plain" style="box-sizing: inherit; background-image: url(https://img.tfd.com/sprite.png); display: inline-block; margin: 0px; vertical-align: text-bottom; font-size: 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; text-indent: -9999px; overflow: hidden; color: white; cursor: pointer; width: 12px; height: 18px; background-position: -314px -319px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"></span></span><span style="caret-color: rgb64, 64, 64; color: rgb64, 64, 64; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> </span><span ="pron"="" style="-sizing: inherit; cursor: pointer; caret-color: rgb64, 64, 64; color: rgb64, 64, 64; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">(kən-spîr′ə-sē)</span><div ="pseg"="" style="-sizing: inherit; min-width: 200px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: ; caret-color: rgb64, 64, 64; color: rgb64, 64, 64; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><i style="-sizing: inherit;">n. <i style="-sizing: inherit;"><span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">pl.</span> <b style="-sizing: inherit;"><span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">con·spir·a·cies</span><div ="ds-list"="" style="-sizing: inherit; min-width: 200px; margin-left: 1cm; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: ;"><b style="-sizing: inherit;">1. An <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">agreement</span> to <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">perform</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">together</span> an <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">illegal,</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">wrongful,</span> or <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">subversive</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">act.</span>
<div ="ds-list"="" style="-sizing: inherit; min-width: 200px; margin-left: 1cm; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: ;"><b style="-sizing: inherit;">2. A <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">group</span> of <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer; color: rgb29, 73, 148;">conspirators.</span><div ="ds-list"="" style="-sizing: inherit; min-width: 200px; margin-left: 1cm; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: ;"><b style="-sizing: inherit;">3. <i style="-sizing: inherit;"><span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">Law</span> An <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">agreement</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">between</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">two</span> or <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">more</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">persons</span> to <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">commit</span> a <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">crime</span> or<span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">accomplish</span> a <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">legal</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">purpose</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">through</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">illegal</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">action.</span><div ="ds-list"="" style="-sizing: inherit; min-width: 200px; margin-left: 1cm; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: ;"><b style="-sizing: inherit;">4. A <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">joining</span> or <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">acting</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">together,</span> as if by <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">sinister</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">design:</span> <span ="illustration"="" style="-sizing: inherit; color: rgb150, 106, 0; font-style: italic;">a <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">conspiracy</span> of <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">wind</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">and</span><span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">tide</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">that</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">devastated</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">coastal</span> <span ="hvr"="" style="-sizing: inherit;">areas.</span></span>

It's a fun little word but learn how to use it. Interpretations of laws are not tantamount to a conspiracy.

As for Maritime Admiralty Law, you seem to know very little about it or how it's been applied to modern times. A dictionary definition is only a rough guide to its overall meaning. The real extent of its usage is quite broad and yes it does tie into ancient Babylonians, Egyptians and Romans via the Vatican. There is absolutely nothing controversial or untrue about those claims. How Martime Law has been applied through various court cases and the like is a matter of public records, not the product of a fertile mind that has nothing better to do than conjecture possibiliites for the sake of mental masturbation. 

Just one example cited from a law website. Conspiracy? Me no thinka so LOL

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">[URL=https://www.labovick.com/maritime-law/" rel="nofollow]<em style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;]<span style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-weight: 700;]Maritime law</span>[/URL] is the law of the sea.  It can apply to a whole host of different scenarios such as contracts for passage, salvage claims, injuries, etc.  For the purposes of this writing, I will limit my discussion of the applicability of maritime law to injury cases.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"><span id="more-4439" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"></span>

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">When people ask me, “when does maritime law apply?” they are essentially asking a question of jurisdiction.  Jurisdiction is a fancy legal term that essentially means a courts power to decide a case or issue a decree.  Now throughout this piece, I will likely be interchanging maritime and admiralty.  While today the words are synonymous, originally admiralty was used in jurisdictional issues and maritime was used in issues with shipping and commerce.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">In order for a court to hear a maritime case, the initial complaint must allege that admiralty law presides over the case.  Now for a history lesson on how the courts of this country developed the ability to hear maritime cases.  Originally, the US Constitution only allowed admiralty cases to be heard by the Supreme Court.  However, the Judiciary Act of 1789 allowed the Congress to confer maritime jurisdiction to inferior US Federal Courts (like the Southern District of Florida where most cruise cases must be heard).  Another later piece of legislation allowed admiralty cases to be heard in state courts as well.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Admiralty law is old, REALLY old.  Admiralty laws and codes were some of the first governing rules to be written down.  The ancient Babylonians, Egyptians and Romans all had admiralty laws on their clay tablets.  As the US was founded by Great Britain, generally, we inherited the admiralty law at the time of the Revolution.  In England, admiralty law applied to anything that happened on the ocean and the tidal waters of its rivers (basically, if the river rose and sank with the tide, it was covered by admiralty).  However, once our young country and its Courts started to hear admiralty cases, we adapted new requirements to fit our country’s needs.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">In 1857 a seminal US Supreme Court case was decided that switched our definition of admiralty jurisdiction.  In <em style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Jackson et al. v. Steamboat Magnolia, the Court eliminated the “tidal” requirement for jurisdiction and created a necessity for the water in which the accident occurred to support international and interstate commerce.  What this did was allow for the large rivers and lakes of this country to now be under admiralty jurisdiction.  For example, under the old English view, only a small portion of the Mississippi River (not to mention all the large rivers that feed into it) would have been under admiralty jurisdiction.  Over the years, this too has changed into the new standard.  The modern standard of maritime jurisdiction for accidents that occur on events on the high seas, territorial seas and the inland waters of the US so long as they satisfy the requirement of being “navigable waters.”  Generally, inland water of the US is “navigable” if:

<ol style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px 20px; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"><li style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px;">It is capable of supporting maritime commerce;<li style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px;">It runs through two states or empties into the sea; and<li style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px;">It is presently sustaining maritime commerce.
<font face="Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px;">---------------------</span>
<font face="Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px;">
</span>
<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.5; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">In other words, you are correct in how you are reading the dictionary definition but my argument is that it isn't necessarily interpreted in an identicle manner in practice which creates unforeseen precedence that takes new forms in various jurisdictions. The loosely defined "originating on navagable waters" pretty much offers a lot of wiggle room as to exactly constitutes jurisdiction. OK, i shouldn't have brought the Vatican part into it. You are correct that modern day institution is morally decrepit and reaching its ultimate downfall. My point was focused on where the laws ORIGINATED from therefore having virtually nothing to do with the modern day state of the church. Once again, i realize that my nebulous impulsive posts were not as thoughfully crafted as they should've been considering the range of subject matter presented within them. Once again, my bad. This all erupted in spurts during periods of distraction. As i stated prior, this was all explained to me in a much more cohesive manner by legal experts who have practiced law for decades and when presented properly gives a more tangible understanding. I also presented this as to find out if anyone else has heard of any of these because i'm quite curious who else has brushed up with these sorts of things.

I infer from the above explanation (presumably an extract from the link which is not working) that the scope of maritime law was extended from navigation through the sea to inland navigation under certain conditions. Which is again very reasonable. From there to extend it to the notion of birth involving passage through a canal is, well, metaphorical. And while the law can often be vague and subject to multiple interpretations, it is not metaphorical. In the physical realm, no possible similarity exists between the act of being born and the passage of a vessel through water. I believe USA is a liberal democracy and not a theocracy, hence applying religious or poetic metaphors to sweepingly widen the scope of a law would not ordinarily apply. I am open to being persuaded otherwise if you produce a legal commentary which actually says what you did. The one you did above does not for instance mean what you think it does.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 01:30
Spanberger coming on strong, a former operations officer for CIA, dem, and she doesn't want Pelosi as speaker.   Should be interesting.

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 04:05
Admiralty law? illuminati? So..how about those Red Sox? (whistles).
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 07:15
Just like I predicted at beginning of October. Oil prices fall down.  Record Skid! Hope some of you shorted the oil stocks like I did.    

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/oil-prices-under-pressure-with-record-skid-set-to-continue-2018-11-13

Been reading about EU creating an EU army outside of nation states.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46108633

I don't know if you guys are history buffs or not, but didn't the rest of the World go to war with Germany twice in the 20th century?  And which country is the most powerful EU country again?   

"Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you." - Langston Hughes

Edited by omphaloskepsis - November 13 2018 at 07:37
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 434>