Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

yes (drama)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2019 at 01:31
I was quite literally thinking about how good this record is just yesterday. It's extremely solid. I'd argue it's Trevor Horn's best appearance as a vocalist, and his work on the record is stellar. This is still a solid YES line up and record for me. It has enough of what I love plus plenty of "new" sounds and styles that took them to their next incarnation.

"Here by the waterside; there where the lens is wide; you and me; by the sea; taking in tranquility"

That's what I'm talking about, dudes and dudettes!

Edited by Frenetic Zetetic - June 26 2019 at 01:31

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 11:12
I like Drama a lot. I think Chris Squire does some if his best work here. It's always tricky when you bring in a different lead singer but over all I thought it was a very good album.  

Edited by Argo2112 - June 25 2019 at 11:15
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 11:10
Drama is a stupendous record. It sounds unlike any other Yes album, thanks to those two guys. But it doesn't stop there. Howe is positively on fire. But wait! There's more! Chris Squire's tracks are a veritable bass clinic. It's essential Yes. People who pretend Drama doesn't count because of that line-up are weirdos.
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 10:54
Great record favorite song machine messiah ,i am a camera and white car interesting thought ,i would hate this record but ended up loving it. just was happy with the original ,i dont usually listen to b-sides and demos on the cd reissue had the same problem with the re release of tormato liked just the original album ,my favorite re releases are the genesis collection no b-sides or demos that,s just fine by me. any thoughts ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12