Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parody prog band - The Astral Platypus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fronobulax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2019 at 09:40
Hi all. You NEED to see this!!! There are so many in-jokes that only we would get! These folks have put an incredible amount of work into this project, and although I am reading the subtitles here in Canada, I laughed out loud many times. Every prog convention is spoofed from the Wendy/Walter Carlos thing to Wakeman/Sleepman...too funny. There is a line where a couple characters think they are getting some action until one of the girls puts on a AP album. The guy says something like "I could literally sense the girls' virginity regenerating..." Highly recommended: this is FOR US!!!
Scott
AKDiamond View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2019 at 08:25
I'm into it, thanks. LOL
Sanmartinphase7 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanmartinphase7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 16:56
Thank you for your support!

We just uploaded a brand new cut from the Platypussongs 2 - Live In Consti, album.

Here's Rägnärök from the 1971 album of the same name, performed by the Millennial lineup of The Astral Platypus:

Stalked night and day by papparazzi, Dino Longobardi, legendary manager from the golden days of the band, stated while counting his money:

"Yeah, f**k off. We have the same amount of original members that Yes currently has."
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 22:42
So theres very little info I can find on this band, are these are new albums with incorrect dates listed with them? I'm listening to Ragnarok, actually pretty interesting tbh.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2019 at 05:09
Originally posted by fronobulax fronobulax wrote:

Hi all. You NEED to see this!!! There are so many in-jokes that only we would get! These folks have put an incredible amount of work into this project, and although I am reading the subtitles here in Canada, I laughed out loud many times. Every prog convention is spoofed from the Wendy/Walter Carlos thing to Wakeman/Sleepman...too funny. There is a line where a couple characters think they are getting some action until one of the girls puts on a AP album. The guy says something like "I could literally sense the girls' virginity regenerating..." Highly recommended: this is FOR US!!!
Scott

Yep.  They spoofed it good.  Spot on. 
Sanmartinphase7 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanmartinphase7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2019 at 17:57
Thank you!

Yes, we are a parody prog band, and we emulate an archetypical discography, making albums that try to sound like the year they were supposedly released.

With each album we make (we have 4 so far), we release an episode of the mockumentary that narrates the fictional story of the band.

Everything can be found in this Youtube Channel:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12