Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albums You've Regretted Buying but Now Enjoy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2023 at 05:51
Hi,

Times have changed ... a lot. 

50 years ago, you only knew 5 or 6 things and if you went into the used LP bins in many places, if you got one of them you were very happy. You might not get any of them, but you were curious about that other one you got since it only cost $2 bux.

Being that it was all "new" and "different", the illusion that it wasn't good was not an issue whatsoever, and sometimes I think that we're looking at 1970's as if it were today, where you don't have to buy it, just hear it first and likely sit on it and not buy it because you want the new Popopoop album instead which will be out next week.

Nowadays, there is no reason for anyone to buy anything without knowing about it ... PERIOD. One would think that 50 years ago, it was easy to not like an album ... and goodness sakes ... I ended up close to 3K LP's and I could never consider one I didn't care about ... some I did let go too soon, because I "didn't get it", but it wasn't because I did not like it ... it just didn't click at that time. (Pretty Things/Pete Brown & Piblokto/Lol Coxhill/East of Eden) ... but today? No worries ... no reason to even consider something you don't know or ever heard!

Edited by moshkito - July 22 2023 at 06:07
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2023 at 10:47
First Greenslade album.  I went through a period where I bought ANY LP that had a Roger Dean cover (1973 or so).  Some (Tony Kaye, "One Live Badger") were better than others ("Greenslade"). 

Folks on PA said they liked it, so I gave it a listen last night & still can't say I care for it much.  

Other than that, I pretty much only spent money on albums that I knew I'd enjoy.  No regrets. 
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2023 at 14:12
I'm curious about this new Popopoop album that's coming out next week.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123