Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In The Wake Of Poseidon. A Discussion.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2024 at 19:39
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Jacob Schoolcraft Jacob Schoolcraft wrote:

That's incredibly interesting! I can't imagine being around Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth that's overwhelming. [/

Hi,

Hardly ... they were very nice, fun and communicative, although Daevid could be said to be having some fun, and sketching his way (at one place) and making many "certificates" for the folks that came to the show. It was hilarious and far out. Gilli, was "real", is the best I can say for her ... there was nothing fake or rock music fame thing about her ... we ended up going around a couple of Fred Meyer's (store) around Salem and Eugene, looking for some more Halloween fun stuff she could play with ... she was disgusted by how witches and what not were treated and thought of as bad and ... the effects of media and advertising ... which decides for people what is right or wrong ... and of course, what is number 1 and the rest not good enough!

Imo..a witch being bad is a witch that tries to bring harm to others by using something as primitive as a "curse jar" or just generally casting spells from a dark magic book. Media or no media. There is "white Magick " and "Black Magick" and it just so happens that the publications industry has a field day with that. Unfortunately there are groups that practice dark Magick and cannot be trusted nor is it smart to accept their invitation to a gathering because they may be luring you in with bad intentions
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2024 at 02:52
I listened to the album again last weekend and it was a damn fine listen. Great album and maybe even more consistent than its predecessor: on Court the highs are maybe higher and the lows lower (still very high, though). But well, that one came first and made that big impression upon which this album continues.

And when listening to it I was thinking that if Cat Food hadn't ended up on this album it might have been included on the first ELP album (even if it wasn't Lake who wrote it): it has a kind of ELP vibe over it...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234