FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help identify a neo-prog album!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2024 at 10:11
Originally posted by Distant Distant wrote:

Nope but that definitely fits the theme description.

Well, there were female vocals (or at least a voice) on the second to last track so I really thought that was it. I guess not.
Distant View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Distant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2024 at 10:08
Nope but that definitely fits the theme description.  I'm pretty sure it's a one-off project.

Edited by Distant - May 17 2024 at 10:11
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2024 at 10:04
Distant View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Distant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2024 at 09:55
Hello, I made an account because the other day I vaguely remembered an album that I really liked, it was at a place and time in my life, but I cant remember the damn name, I just have snatches of memory. I am hoping that maybe yall can get me on target.

It was released after 2010. I recall it being a one-off project and probably a solo project. 

Concept Album.  Basic plot is something like an astronaut/scientist is lost in part of an interdimensional experiment and he is trying to get back home.  There's a song about getting back. He wants to see his wife again and uses her as an anchor (sorta like Interstellar and the guys daughter).  The words "consciousness, cosmic, salvation" pop into my head.  There's a song near the end with haunting female vocals that has a very different feel, like inspired a bit by something like reggae but it isnt reggae, just has that cadence.  After that song it's an atmospheric track representing the guy on his journey home through the multiverse or something.

Long shot, but I have pulled out old harddrives, racked my brain...help me Progarchives forums, you're my only hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12