Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another set of 2012 albums (some of my faves)

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Vote for three of these tracks, or more, or less if desired
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [5.56%]
2 [5.56%]
2 [5.56%]
2 [5.56%]
6 [16.67%]
1 [2.78%]
2 [5.56%]
4 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [25.00%]
3 [8.33%]
1 [2.78%]
1 [2.78%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.78%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another set of 2012 albums (some of my faves)
    Posted: May 19 2024 at 15:37
Paul recently did a Prog Rock tieline for 2012 poll, and I thought to do one based on my perhaps rather too hip for PA tastes. I added a few faves not in PA, but would I think still be of interest to a number of people here.

Alio Die - Deconsecrated and Pure
Aranis - Made in Belgium
Dead Can Dance - Anastasis
Goat - World Music
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
Guillaume Perret & The Electric Epic - Guillaume Perret & The Electric Epic
Magma - Félicité Thösz
Motorpsycho & Ståle Storløkken - The Death Defying Unicorn
Susanne Sundfør - The Silicone Veil
Swans - The Seer
Anna von Hauswolff - Ceremony

Out of PA
Beach House - Bloom
Melody's Echo Chamber - Melody's Echo Chamber
Julia Holter - Ekstasis
Com Truise - In Decay

Feel free to vote for three, or more, or less, of these choices, and please consider commenting on your choice or choices.
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2024 at 16:33
Okay, I'll be the first, not to vote, as Swans has one, but the first to comment.

I, also, will go with Swans' The Seer, and I also will go with Anna von Hauswolff's Ceremony and Godspeed You! Black Emperor's 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend. I will give a fourth vote to an out of PA one, Beach House's Bloom (for a fifth, sixth I would go with Melody's Echo Chamber and Susanne Sundfør's The Silicone Veil right now). All of those albums have got many spins from me over the past few years. Love the Magma too... And, well of course I am into all of them.

And here is Paul's prepared Prog Rock Timeline poll which inspired my poll at this time CLICK That would have a lot more popular at PA choices.

Edited by Logan - May 19 2024 at 16:36
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2024 at 16:47
Dead Can Dance - Anastasis
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2024 at 17:03
You already know my top pick:

Com Truise – In Decay (The funny part is, it's a compilation, but the music is available nowhere else in physical format, and while Ghostly International repressed it on vinyl for its tenth anniversary, there's still no CD edition, though we'd all love to get one.)

I also like Alio Die's, and Aranis' is very nice, too. Trey Gunn appears on the track "Gentlemen of Leisure."

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2024 at 17:13
I went Motorpsycho but The Electric Epic is right there, flip a coin. Magma third.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2024 at 17:52
Today it’s Swans. 
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2024 at 18:05
Godspeed
Swans
Guillaume Perrett
Anna von Hauswolff

Aranis, Magma & DCD just outside
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2024 at 23:19
Swans - The Seer Smile
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2024 at 08:12
Swans is the outstanding album here, further votes go to Motorpsycho and Godspeed. Aranis and Dead Can Dance probably next, and I should listen to that Anna von Hauswolff album.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2024 at 10:28
I'll go with Anna von Hauswolff, Godspeed YBE and Aranis...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2024 at 13:39
Thanks all; pleasure to read the posts.

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Swans is the outstanding album here, further votes go to Motorpsycho and Godspeed. Aranis and Dead Can Dance probably next, and I should listen to that Anna von Hauswolff album.

That (Ceremony), The Miraculous and Dead Magic are my overall favourite albums of hers, but I really like all of her albums.

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

You already know my top pick:

Com Truise – In Decay (The funny part is, it's a compilation, but the music is available nowhere else in physical format, and while Ghostly International repressed it on vinyl for its tenth anniversary, there's still no CD edition, though we'd all love to get one.)

I also like Alio Die's, and Aranis' is very nice, too. Trey Gunn appears on the track "Gentlemen of Leisure."

Yes, I did indeed remember that you like Com Truise's In Decay and had expected you to vote for an comment on it. I did not know (or remember possibly TBH) that Trey Gunn appeared on that; thanks. :) Great track.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2024 at 13:09
Good to see Alio Die listed
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2024 at 13:25
Motorpsycho & Ståle Storløkken - The Death Defying Unicorn
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2024 at 13:37
Voted for Swans, Motorpsycho, and Goat.
 Post Reply Post Reply