Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog songs with swear words?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2024 at 21:57
Originally posted by Moyan Moyan wrote:

The lyrics in the song "Catholic Girls" by Frank Zappa include instances of the words "VD,” which is a slang term for venereal disease or syphilis, and "vootie," which is an euphemism for the female genitalia. Additionally, there are references to Catholic themes and imagery throughout the song, which some listeners may find offensive due to their religious sensitivities. 

Thanks for the reminder!  What a hilarious song!  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2024 at 22:57
I mean, we could be here for days listing Zappa tracks. With Mr. Bungle and Tool trailing right behind.

Someone mentioned an IQ song, is it Stay Down?
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2024 at 13:45
Frank Zappa : The Illinois enema bandit
"Mellotron is to progrock what watercolor is to painting. Diaphanous and mesmerizing"
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2024 at 16:18
The lyrics to this classic are somethin' else! I shan't type them here.

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2024 at 20:24
It's unending... but the first song I thought of was "T.A.N.U.S." by Thieves Kitchen from their debut. This 20 minute track features some very upfront "F" bombs on the chorus.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2024 at 07:57
The brief track "The System" from Aphrodite Child's concept album "666" features a repetitive chant: "We got the system to f**k the System!"
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2024 at 20:23
Rosalie Cunningham has a song titled "f**k Love," and the word "f**k" appears in the song's verses as well.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 20:41
I'll Be Fine by Once and Future Band drops the F bomb right at the beginning
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
Magog2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magog2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 21:52
“Breathtaker” by IQ contains the f-word.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12