Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Underrated Hawkwind Album (1970-90)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which Hawkwind studio album is most underappreciated?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [10.34%]
1 [3.45%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.90%]
1 [3.45%]
6 [20.69%]
6 [20.69%]
1 [3.45%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [10.34%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [10.34%]
1 [3.45%]
2 [6.90%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2024 at 20:55
"Hawkwind"
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 01:29
Astounding Sounds Amazing Music Smile
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 02:25
Levitation
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 02:32
Quark Strangeness & Charm - Underrated by some, but overrated by me, strangely. Smile
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 09:38
The first lp? Certainly, but i think it grew in status later, helped by the various 'budget' re-issues of the 70's and early 80's.
Astounding sounds, amazing music? Possibly; At the time, lots of people were disgruntled by Lemmy being sacked, by a change of label (UA to Charisma) and the cloak and dagger antics 'seemingly' going on in the band... not to mention the change in sound! But in more recent years, a lot of people have stated how much they love this lp (me included) and its profile has definitely gone up.
Space Bandits? definitely! A real return to form after the particularly dull Xenon Codex and (as already been said) the run of shows with Bridget Wishart and Simon House were fantastic!

I feel that PXR5 has been completely ignored, mostly due to (at the time) the fact that it was seen as a 'contractual obligation' lp made of bits and pieces.. yes, it had some Dave Brock demoes ('Infinity' is a super song which could have been done so much better, same applies to the title track PXR5) worked up on his farm in Devon plus a couple of odd bits recorded around the Hawklord sessions (Death Trap, Jack of Shadows) and the stunning Live material from the recent tour... without it, we would not have had official versions of 'Uncle Sam's on Mars', 'Robot', and 'Highrise'. The collapse of the band around the time of its release and the dodgy 'wrongly wired' plug cover didnt help its profile.

Edited by Cosmiclawnmower - May 23 2024 at 09:40

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 10:32
The Xenon Codex
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 14:20
Q, S & C
Every Lp from Hall to Q, S & C is a must .
"Mellotron is to progrock what watercolor is to painting. Diaphanous and mesmerizing"
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2024 at 16:17
Q, S & C.
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2024 at 02:32
Astounding Sounds Amazing Music to me, possibly because it was so rare and hard to find for so many years (in the US, at least). So people couldn't find it or get a chance to know it. I consider it stronger than Q,S&C, which has always been readily available.

Edited by Boojieboy - May 25 2024 at 02:36
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12