Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pat Strawser for Progressive Electronic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pat Strawser for Progressive Electronic
    Posted: August 16 2023 at 14:58
Pat Strawser for Progressive Electronic

Pat Strawser is the original keyboard player for Canterbury band Volaré--a band that is already in the PA database under Canterbury (with two studio albums on file: 1997's The Uncertainty Principle [45 ratings with a 3.86 value] and 1999's Memoirs [18 ratings with a 3.67 ratings average). Little did anyone know but Pat has been producing highly engaging keyboard-based (mostly electronic instrumental and solo) music on his own ever since--much of which he's been polishing for Bandcamp over the past seven years--though much of it can be heard on Soundcloud, too. 

You can find, in fact, the following albums (and one EP) on his page on Bandcamp.com:

Many of his songs and albums seem to have been created for or with children in mind (Lullabies and A Big New World), but not every album, with even a Christmas album and a couple electronic Christmas songs on his page--all of which might get you thinking he's a New Ager or not a serious musician. But he is!  

Background and Half-Full may be a bit too chill-downtempo for many's tastes--but they're like a good Paul Hardcastle album--and they're actually quite good! (both favorites of mine).

For progginess I'd try: 

his spacey ANTHONY PHILLIPS/VANGELIS-like homage to 1970s & 1980s analog synthesizers, Synth,

his 12 best from his 2013 song-of-the-week project, Fifty-Two

or his most recent (May) release, Vignettes

Good luck! 
Drew Fisher

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2023 at 03:09
This looks promising and within our parameters (and he has physical media apart from Bandcamp-only releases), but could I get you to revise your biography under the dictates of the Artist Submission Procedure?

BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2023 at 15:06
Sorry I missed this request, Gordy. It's so much easier when we're given access to the "add new albums" template to cut-and-paste into!

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
pstrawser View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pstrawser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2024 at 14:49
Hi! I ran across this thread awhile back and have been meaning to provide a bio (hope this is allowed!). Below is my official bio:

Born and raised in Athens, Georgia, Pat began his music education with classical piano lessons starting in 1985. The eclectic and abundant musical atmosphere of Athens inspired in him a lifelong love of music. He played trombone in high school marching band and was 1st chair trombone in his high school jazz band. He later started his first band, Volaré, in 1993. Volaré blended an interesting mix of fusion, progressive rock, and jazz, and released The Uncertainty Principle (The Laser’s Edge) in 1997, achieving critical acclaim with an international audience.

Since then he has worked with a variety of artists to include Otis Redding, Jr., John BerryDavis Causey, Mania: The ABBA Tribute, and Electric Avenue: The 80’s MTV Experience. He currently tours with Remember When Rock Was Young: The Elton John Tribute, and is a contributing member of the Louisville, Kentucky-based progressive rock group French TV.

His original music which spans a diverse range of styles, from fusion and progressive rock to smooth jazz, synthwave and electronica. You can hear his music on Bandcamp, Soundcloud, YouTube, and Spotify.

---

Please let me know if this is sufficient for submission! Thanks!

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2024 at 15:10
^ That's a terrific bio, imo, and what an impressive CV. Love Volaré and French TV. John Barry is one of my absolute faves.... Listening to Synth and very much enjoying it.

EDIT: Oops, you wrote John Berry, not John Barry.   

Edited by Logan - March 08 2024 at 17:31
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2024 at 18:41
Perfect, Mr. Strawser. I'll take you to the PSIKE team; things are moving a bit slowly so please give us some time.
pstrawser View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pstrawser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2024 at 19:36
Not a problem at all! Thanks for your consideration!

Also....I'm excited to mention that I have two new full-length releases that I'm planning to release very soon....the first one beginning of April. Very much Canterbury-inspired (among many other things). I'll keep you all posted! Thanks again!
FlashBack2210 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlashBack2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2024 at 13:46
I found it on Apple Music, it sounds interesting, although it's not my favorite genre) 

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2024 at 08:25
YES for TRIAX

Strange abstract electronic

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2024 at 15:42
Happy to announce Pat's just been added to Eclectic Prog!

https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=12737
 Post Reply Post Reply