Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blizzard of Oz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blizzard of Oz
    Posted: November 05 2019 at 11:55
I'm a great BELIEVER in the power of music because I'm a ROCK & ROLL REBEL at heart and a real music JUNKIE. The great philosopher Ozzy Osbourne once said YOU CAN'T KILL ROCK & ROLL. He also said, "I got rabies shots for biting the head off a bat but that's OK - the bat had to get Ozzy shots." - but that's another story. Smile

While it's certainly true that YOU CAN'T KILL ROCK & ROLL, it seems our precious freedom is under threat again. It's enough to make you BARK AT THE MOON in frustration,  because we're heading on the CRAZY TRAIN towards the new U.K Age Verification Law being resurrected again in January 2020 after a six-month postponement from July this year. The COUNTDOWN'S BEGUN and we're quickly RUNNING OUT OF TIME before we fall through the TRAP DOOR of government censorship when our interfering nanny-state government plans to STEAL AWAY our personal liberties again. I'm not being PARANOID, because if anyone in the U.K. is reading this, I'm sure YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT to me in wanting this stupid new law scrapped.

Our new prime minister Boris Johnson is an IRON MAN of FEARLESS determination, and I'll take a SHOT IN THE DARK that not only will Boris sort out the whole Brexit fiasco - of which there's NO EASY WAY OUT - he'll also see sense and scrap the impending U.K. Age Verification Law before it's too late. I DON'T KNOW for sure  if Boris will do the right thing, but I know there'll be some CHANGES made and Boris is a man of the people who believes in BREAKING ALL THE RULES. If he does scrap the new law and pushes through Brexit, he'll be my HERO and I'll be FLYING HIGH AGAIN. If the new U.K. Age Verification Law IS enacted, then that will be the government equivalent of a SUICIDE SOLUTION and the the U.K. government will be the SECRET LOSER in the end.

YOU KNOW, I'd just like to say I NEVER KNOW WHY I didn't join ProgArchives earlier, when I'd been a visitor here TIME AFTER TIME, but it was a case of NOW YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU DON'T, when I was only here fleetingly without ever deciding to join. Whatever happens now though, I'm NOT GOING AWAY and I JUST WANT YOU to know that I'm NEVER going to leave here and join Rate Your Music or any other music site, because that would be the ROAD TO NOWHERE. Leaving here would be THE ULTIMATE SIN and I want my good friends to know I'll always be HERE FOR YOU and I have no DESIRE to be anywhere else. I can promise I'll be here TOMORROW and until the CENTRE OF ETERNITY, whenever that may be.

Although I've said GOODBYE TO ROMANCE several times in the past and been OVER THE MOUNTAIN of love  and down the other side again, it's ProgArchives that GETS ME THROUGH the day now. I feel really ALIVE here and I've had NO MORE TEARS since joining this warm and friendly site. ProgArchives has been a real REVELATION to me and I've had a wonderful time here THAT I NEVER HAD before. They say LIGHTNING STRIKES only once in the same place and it certainly struck for me on that amazing day back on September 15th when I took the momentous decision to join this wonderful music community. I DON'T WANNA STOP enjoying the music, because I WANT IT MORE than ever now, having sampled some of the marvellous musical box of delights on offer here. I'm a DREAMER and I know LIFE WON'T WAIT forever, so I'll make the most of my time here while it lasts.

Well, that's enough of my ramblings for TONIGHT, which might sound like the DIARY OF A MADMAN sometimes. It's TIME for me to SLOW DOWN now as I'm SO TIRED as I sit here WAITING FOR DARKNESS to descend. I began this blog with a quote from Ozzy Osbourne and I'll end it with another one, which Ozzy always repeats at the end of every concert - "Thank You. Good Night. I LOVE YOU ALL"

All song titles in HIGHLIGHTS by Ozzy Osbourne

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 05 2019 at 12:48
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2019 at 22:09
Nicely done!
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 06:05
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Nicely done!
Thanks! You saved this blog from disappearing without trace like a Blizzard of Oz. Smile
FloydianPinkRose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FloydianPinkRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 14:31
Well, well, well, here we are again, Psychedelic Paul. Reading another of your egg-cellent song blogs. The bat may have gotten an Ozzy shot but I'm always ready to get a Paul shot. A shot of fun and excitement while reading one of your wonderful song blogs. The way you spin a mysterious yarn about the albums and artists we love. Especially this one about the Great Ozzy Osborne. But, what's this? The age law is back on the table? What's the UK government trying to do? Come on, Borris, get it done! I'm a REAL MUSIC JUNKIE when it comes to Paul's song blogs. I'm FLYING HIGH AGAIN when I read his song blogs and IM NOT GOING AWAY either, I'm coming back for more! I JUST WANT YOU Paul. The ULTIMATE SIN would be if you quit writing these terrific song blogs, and going to another music site. Please, don't go! When I read your writings, I FEEL ALIVE and I DONT WANNA STOP reading. In fact, since I've read so many of his song blogs, I can say wholeheartedly, "I LOVE YOU ALL," and you too, Paul. Keep em' coming. I'm your #1 fan. Sincerely, FloydianPinkRose
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 16:00
Originally posted by FloydianPinkRose FloydianPinkRose wrote:

Well, well, well, here we are again, Psychedelic Paul. Reading another of your egg-cellent song blogs. The bat may have gotten an Ozzy shot but I'm always ready to get a Paul shot. A shot of fun and excitement while reading one of your wonderful song blogs. The way you spin a mysterious yarn about the albums and artists we love. Especially this one about the Great Ozzy Osborne. But, what's this? The age law is back on the table? What's the UK government trying to do? Come on, Borris, get it done! I'm a REAL MUSIC JUNKIE when it comes to Paul's song blogs. I'm FLYING HIGH AGAIN when I read his song blogs and IM NOT GOING AWAY either, I'm coming back for more! I JUST WANT YOU Paul. The ULTIMATE SIN would be if you quit writing these terrific song blogs, and going to another music site. Please, don't go! When I read your writings, I FEEL ALIVE and I DONT WANNA STOP reading. In fact, since I've read so many of his song blogs, I can say wholeheartedly, "I LOVE YOU ALL," and you too, Paul. Keep em' coming. I'm your #1 fan. Sincerely, FloydianPinkRose

You're so sweet. Heart Thank You for joining me on the CRAZY TRAIN that is Prog Archives. By the way, I hope you don't think I'm being PARANOID, but did you ever see what happened to Clint Eastwood when he met his #1 fan in "Play Misty For Me"? Wink

Don't worry, I'm NEVER going to commit THE ULTIMATE SIN by leaving Prog Archives. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 11 2019 at 16:29
EdgarSilv3ira View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdgarSilv3ira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 16:56
Thanks for writing this
Approve
http://omanifestounderground.blogspot.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2019 at 17:23
Originally posted by EdgarSilv3ira EdgarSilv3ira wrote:

Thanks for writing this
Approve
Thanks! That's just one of many song titles blogs I've written. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 08:28
Three official videos from Ozzy's debut "Blizzard of Oz" (1980) album.

1. Crazy Train

2. Suicide Solution - That's the kind of song title that could get an artist into a lot of trouble. Wink

3. Mr Crowley

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - July 09 2020 at 13:36
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 13:08
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

2. Suicide Solution - That's the kind of song title that could get an artist in a lot of trouble. Wink

It did during the rock lyrics Red Scare of the '80s.   Ironically the song is about Bon Scott's tragic death.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 13:35
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

2. Suicide Solution - That's the kind of song title that could get an artist in a lot of trouble. Wink

It did during the rock lyrics Red Scare of the '80s.   Ironically the song is about Bon Scott's tragic death.

I read that a teenager committed suicide after allegedly listening to Suicide Solution and his parents filed a lawsuit against Ozzy Osbourne and CBS Records. Confused
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 14:20
yeah ...  the Priest kiddie suicide lawsuit was even more headline grabbing...

but adults know... Ozzy was on point there man...

wine is fine but whiskey is quicker. Take a bottle and drown your sorrows

f**king A man...

now if prog lyricists could cut the high class high brow crap and get to the heart of life and the hell on earth nature of life.. they might not be the laughing stocks they often were.  Hell even the musical death march that was Epping Forest might have have redeemed if it had been about getting your heart ripped out by a satanic insatiable  redhead with a killer body  but a love of tossing pots and pans at you when either you get home from work early or get home late

prog might have had some real appeal to those not living in mama's basement .. or some ivory tower.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 14:33
I seem to remember you could only hear a coded reference to suicide in the Judas Priest record if you played it backwards. Smile
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 14:39
yeah. that was it...Better by you.. Better than Me. 

Some dope smoking teenagers blew their heads off with shotguns or some sh*t like that.... and their parents blamed the Priest for it...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 15:13
With the Sabbath song Paranoid, there’s a line he sings - “ I tell you to enjoy life, I wish I could but it’s too late “.....
Some blighters with skewed hearing alledgely thought Ozzy was saying ‘end your’ life instead of ‘enjoy’ life. Sounds plausible eh
Slayer copped sh*t and lawsuits for their lyrics. It’s not the artists fault that some feeble-minded drug fiends do stupid sh*t.

Edited by Tom Ozric - July 09 2020 at 15:26
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 15:32
It's a miracle that Ozzy is still with us, even if he's not always "with it" Smile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 15:38
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

f**king A man...

now if prog lyricists could cut the high class high brow crap and get to the heart of life and the hell on earth nature of life.. they might not be the laughing stocks they often were.  Hell even the musical death march that was Epping Forest might have have redeemed if it had been about getting your heart ripped out by a satanic insatiable  redhead with a killer body  but a love of tossing pots and pans at you when either you get home from work early or get home late

prog might have had some real appeal to those not living in mama's basement .. or some ivory tower.

Wisdom from the Anthony Bourdain ~ sorry, Howard Stern ~ of prog .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 15:42

I seem to remember you could only hear a coded reference to suicide in the Judas Priest record if you played it backwards. Smile

Don't know about that, but there is a backward message on The Wall which simply says "Congratulations, you've found the secret message".   How boring is that.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 15:46
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Don't know about that, but there is a backward message on The Wall which simply says "Congratulations, you've found the secret message".   How boring is that.

Well, at least Pink Floyd won't get sued for that boring backward message. Smile
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 16:13
I wasn’t even a teenager yet when this came out, but it was considered very cool and edgy at the time. Like the mind of album you might hide from your parents.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 16:49
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I wasn’t even a teenager yet when this came out, but it was considered very cool and edgy at the time. Like the mind of album you might hide from your parents.
Ozzy Osbourne & Black Sabbath played the kind of loud & raucous rock music your parents would most likely ask you to turn down. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>