Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where's my egg?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What are your preferred eggs from these?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [21.43%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.14%]
5 [35.71%]
1 [7.14%]
1 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.14%]
2 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's my egg?
    Posted: March 30 2024 at 08:50

Yes, it is that time of the year! I found ten eggs and for your Easter pleasure I hid them in this poll. We serve you ten rather unknown (or untalked about) eggs. Find and vote for up to three of your favourites. Taste them, enjoy them (or not). Here's a playlist in order to make your search a bit easier.

In order of the Easter menu:
Sixun - Il Était Un Oeuf (Jazz Rock/Fusion)
High Castle Teleorkestra - The Egg That Never Opened (RIO/Avant-Prog)
Teru's Symphonia - Egg The Universe (Symphonic Prog)
Spiral - Joy's Egg, Pt. I (Psychedelic/Space Rock)
Antique Seeking Nuns - Double Egg (Canterbury Scene)
Rogue Spore - Peppered Egg with Kalifate (Progressive Electronic)
Volapük - L'oeuf d'Apük (RIO/Avant-Prog)
Hopo - Un uovo di cristallo (Rock Progressivo Italiano)
La théorie des cordes - L'oeuf schizo I ((Jazz Rock/Fusion)
Odd Fiction - L'oeuf Et La Poule (Tech/Extreme Prog Metal)

Edited by suitkees - March 30 2024 at 08:52

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2024 at 10:10
No Britney Spears' "Oeuf I Did It Again"? Seriously, I will listen and post my actual preferences before this egg battle is ova.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2024 at 15:01
Some of these cuts were poached.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2024 at 15:09
I'll choose - Sixun (spastic but interesting) and the Nuns.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2024 at 19:12
From the list, I haven't heard a single song; lmao. It's a shame you didn't include Egg, the band. Too much of a low hanging fruit? But anyway, one of my favorite prog releases with Egg in the title is L'Uovo di Colombo by L'Uovo di Colombo.
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2024 at 04:18
^ These theme polls of mine are actually a sociological experiment into the PA public and it's behaviour, so I thank you very much for your valuable contribution. A full report may appear in a year or two.

Snikle View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snikle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2024 at 09:08
My favorite is probably Cardiacs' Victory Egg, but I don't know any of the songs in the poll (I can't vote yet anyway).

Edited by Snikle - March 31 2024 at 09:08
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2024 at 09:10
Antique Seeking Nuns - Double Egg Smile
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2024 at 13:08
Originally posted by Snikle Snikle wrote:

My favorite is probably Cardiacs' Victory Egg, but I don't know any of the songs in the poll (I can't vote yet anyway).

That Cardiacs is my favourite that comes to mind.   Keep posting, it won't be long at all before you can vote.*

Of the options, while I may have heard that Antique Seeking Nuns, the one I knew pretty well is Volapük's "L'oeuf d'Apük". The album it is off has been a favourite of mine, although I prefer the album Where Is Tamago?, erm, I mean Where is Tamashii?

After listening to the youtube playlist, my three picks of these are...
Volapük - L'oeuf d'Apük
Sixun - Il Était un Oeuf
Rogue Spore - Peppered Egg With Kalifate

And while not Prog, I wish to note a favourite anime soundtrack of mine: Angel's Egg (1985)

Here is Tamago no miru yume (Dream of Eggs)

EDIT: Also not in PA, but Vanishing Twins' Eggs just popped into my head and is my favourite Egg song I can now think of:

Edited by Logan - March 31 2024 at 13:17
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2024 at 15:20
Just voted on Easter and God, but of this one I don't know a single track. Let's see whether I find the time to listen to the playlist... (2/3 through Experimental now, maybe afterwards). 
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2024 at 03:31
Great, never heard any of these.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2024 at 12:33
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Great, never heard any of these.

I don't know about you, but in these topics with youtube playlists I can consider not knowing any of them a plus as I often favour that which is new to me. And it can be fun to read people's fresh takes. I only knew one well.

Edited by Logan - April 02 2024 at 12:34
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 17:53
After listening the playlist, a not so original vote for Antique Seeking Nuns, the standout for me.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 19:39

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 19:49
^ There is another topic not many topics down on the first page of Prog Polls, Other Than That, Happy Easter! (CLICK) , which does have that as an option. In that other poll, I voted for gEg (that's a bungled Egg *groans* )

While I like Mr. Bungle's and voted for it in that other poll, I was happy choosing three off this list (and I had four I particularly liked in the list). I like to be exposed to new-to-me music in these, although it can demand too much time sometimes. Maybe not being a sovereign citizen type, I am more content to follow the directives in the thread: "What are your preferred eggs from these?" and "Find and vote for up to three of your favourites." But we all "travel" our own paths.

I enjoyed this Easter egg hunt. Should have done one for April Fool's Day with The Fool on the Hill, Fool's Overture and Never Gonna Give You Up.

Edited by Logan - April 03 2024 at 20:14
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 20:49
^ i did vote but i don't have to say what i voted for Approve

Just adding Mr B because hey, it's an egg party!

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'86edfc8d088e159a',t:'MTcxMjE5ODk4MC43NjkwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Edited by siLLy puPPy - April 03 2024 at 20:49

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 21:20
^ And that Bungle is a good Egg. I mentioned others too. You don't need to mention it, but I always like to share what I voted for at PA. The silent voting thing has not appealed to me at discussion forums, but we are all different. Chorus, "Yes, we are all different."
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 21:27
^ ok, guilt trip me. You win :D

I voted Odd Fiction

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'86ee32bcbe39cff1',t:'MTcxMjIwMTIwMC4yMTUwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 21:34
^ This time listening to "Odd Fiction" I realise that I missed the ball by not voting for it or paying close enough attention (and I used up my three votes). Mea culpa. Damned good track!
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2024 at 03:50
Yeah, I'm generally not that fond of Tech/Extreme Prog Metal, but I quite liked this one when I stumbled upon it (otherwise it wouldn't have been in the poll).
There is quite some "spastic" qualities to be found in some of these tracks (others might call it "quirky"), which is also why I liked - indeed - Sixun, the Nuns, Volapük, Spiral, HC Teleorkestra... but I think they are all enjoyable. Not necessarily masterpieces, but all enjoyable.

Edited by suitkees - April 04 2024 at 03:51

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>