Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 146>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 12:57
Had to share these......

[&amp;#8203;IMG]

[&amp;#8203;IMG]
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 13:25
Very good Doc! Here's one of Trump looking more his age. (Or more my age. LOL) 
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 00:02
Trump will continue to break the trends. He will be the first PotUS to gain youth during his tenure. 
As someone who feeds off the souls of his underlings he now has 300+ million to use!

On a serious, and somber, note Trump continues his....unorthodox ways with intel. He has now said, when confronted with news he didn't like, he is looking to reform the CIA. 
This is scary times. We're about to have a President that has not only cast aside and publicly blasted one of the core government agencies, a major intelligence gatherer, but now wants to mold it to fit his views if he doesnt like it? 
Im sure this happens...but it's so damn blatant. And since much of this involves Russia: I heard on NPR today some more intel people say Trump's behavior reminds them of someone who's been compromised. Zero proof, just speculation, but McMullin said this as have others in the know. Scary that some people actually believe this, should be a clue how abnormal his behavior with Russia has been.

He's either blackmailed, or simply in bed with them through business ties (hell maybe both!?) but we have to watch him carefully. If he quickly looks to lift the sanctions, and be especially warm with Russia, his motives have to be in question. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 00:09
Another "fun" sound bite. 
"McConnell: Public 'Will not tolerate' Dems blocking SCOTUS pick" LOLLOLLOL
Is this guy serious?? How he said this with a straight face is amazing. 

Apparently Schumer said Dems may/should block any Supreme Court pick that's "not mainstream". To which McConnell retorted with that gem, as well as:
"Apparently there's a new standard now, which is to not confirm a Supreme Court nominee at all"
WHAT!? Please someone, tell me I really am in a dream or experiment and this isn't real life. 

Hey, maybe the Supreme Court will have 8 justices forever now. Libertarians rejoice, a true reduction in government! 
Honestly, I'm half tempted to say 8 justices could be better than the SC being tilted conservative for 20 years. The GOP was prepared to accept this for nearly a year rather than let Obama get to tilt it our way for the forseeable future after all. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 04:21
Trump is convinced that Russia had no involvement with any past cyber hacking. His source of intel? The internet, naturally.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 16:15
I found it highly amusing... as well as troubling LOL that Raff and I spent a great amount of time trying to explain to friends and family

to ITALIANS mind you

what the hell kind of lunacy and craziness is going on here
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 19:40
Trump gave the game away when he said emails aren't safe and he would want official correspondence to be couriered.  It was dismissed as the usual Trump stupidity show but to me that sounds like guilty conscience.  He knows you know.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 20:18
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Trump gave the game away when he said emails aren't safe and he would want official correspondence to be couriered.  It was dismissed as the usual Trump stupidity show but to me that sounds like guilty conscience.  He knows you know.

Yes, in a very Orwellian sense, "Big Brother is watching you."
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 12:24
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Trump is convinced that Russia had no involvement with any past cyber hacking. His source of intel? The internet, naturally.

Im not sure he goes that far even. I think his reasoning is very simple and goes to one single source: RussiaLOL
Whether he has $ interests there and was willing to let Russia help him since they're oligarch buddies, Russia has him over a barrel, OR he just has the mental capacity of a 4th grader so he'll do whatever Putin wants long as he compliments Trump..it doesn't matter. It's clear to me, and many others, even righties, Trump has SOME type of deeper involvement with Russia. 

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 12:31

Indeed. Though I think what's been the most sickening (though some find it refreshing) aspect of Trump is how blatantly he gives no f**ks. He doesnt even pretend to care, doesnt pretend hes trying to pull the wool over our eyes. He just does it and basically doesn't try to hide it. We all remember his "I can shoot someone!" line. It wasn't even a joke. He knows it true. 
There seems to be some real nihilism in Trump, like "Everything is sh*t but he doesn't hide it at least" or how South Park showed, some like him precisely because he doesn't pretend to not be terrible. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 12:44
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

I found it highly amusing... as well as troubling LOL that Raff and I spent a great amount of time trying to explain to friends and family

to ITALIANS mind you

It's funny, Trump has actually helped me understand Berlusconi. 
For years I tried to get what he was about, and couldn't. I struggled to find anything of substance about him, at all. A lot of his totally stupid comments, a lot of his more actually appalling comments, some personal scandals, but no real substance. Hell I didnt even know what he was supportive of. He seemed to just be a showman with no real firm ideology just loved being in power. A vague bashing of liberals but what were his policies?
 Even read liberal and etc op ed pieces and it was all about what  a terrible person he was but nothing real why they disliked him. The most I could get was he had a negative impact on the media, and was generally pro corporate. He bashed on women and immigrants. 

But now...now I get it. He was a proto Trump. Dont get me wrong, Im sure there's plenty of differences, but I really see alot of similarity. They are both billionaire strongmen that have basically won (and in Silvio's case stayed in power) based on personality cult, generic comments that appeal to conservative/baser instincts, and hammed up the anti establishment thing. 

Sadly, here in the states we have a limited gov party, one that is being increasingly consumed by 19th century thinking AND currently dominates the country. So unlike Silvio, I fear what may happen to many of our welfare institutions and etc

Edited by JJLehto - January 07 2017 at 12:47
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 13:06
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

to ITALIANS mind you

Yeah, micky. The Italians may have created the soap opera, but we Americans created the reality tv show! LOL
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 13:11
People sometimes gripe "Ugh stop whining about Wall St" or "Yeah its not ideal but there's bigger fish to fry etc etc etc
THIS is why it's a big deal. We're not just being angsty at rich people, or falling for populism. This is why it matters perhaps more than anything. 

Cory Booker, rising star and progressive darling, voted against allowing cheaper drugs from Canada, along with 12 other democrats, joining with Republicans to kill the bill. A large majority of Americans supported this, as did, obviously, the majority of Democrats. 

"Booker has received more pharmaceutical manufacturing cash over the past six years than any other Democratic senator: $267,338. In addition, significant numbers of pharmaceutical and biotech firms reside in Booker’s home state of New Jersey. Other Democrats receiving six-figure donationsfrom the industry, like Casey, Patty Murray, and Michael Bennet, opposed the amendment."

Yup. Progressives have been railing against Booker for years because while he is unquestioned social liberal, he is a total big $ shill. A representative of the donor class, not the people. 
People gripe about this complaint BUT when you see this happen....goes to show we really aren't just blowing smoke out our assesLOL
Big $ is what led some Democrats to be against the public option, it neutered Dodd Frank and here lots of big name, big $ Dems voted to kill cheaper drugs for the people. 

Le sigh
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2017 at 00:11
Another great post, courtesy of Robert Reich. 

We heard so little about the payment of ACA (probably to help pass it) but the bulk of ACA was paid for by those earning over 200K a year, thus they stand to benefit the most from its repeal (and will see no loss from it). 
When put this way, makes you realize why the donor class/wealthy are so opposed. 

Also I hope Reich can become a big time adviser to the Democratic Party! The same names have been recycling around since the 90s, all the pro finance/donor class shills! We need some fresh blood. 

Anyone think we see a 2016 repeat in the primary? Perhaps Booker vs Warren?
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2017 at 20:08
Damn, D day is here. Time flies.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 12:40
Yes Igor. Let's all hail the arrival of the dark ages! Look at the portrait of Trump I carved with a rock just for the occasion. Pretty good, don't you think?

Edited by SteveG - January 20 2017 at 12:55
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 14:11

Damn, D day is here. Time flies.

welcome to America... 2016 or did Trump supporters want 1966...

anyhow my favorite text of the day... got this at approximately 12:10... about the time I was getting sick to my stomach...

'My god! We actually did it. The last 2 months was not a bad dream'

Edited by micky - January 20 2017 at 14:13
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 14:17
Having enjoyed the 60's, I don't remember any of it. Trump gives me the chance to do it all over agian!  Thumbs Up
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 14:23
FREE MUSIC!!!!! FREE LOVE!!!!!!!  I could dig that Steve... and a good excuse to wear hat's like Jack's again...

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!!  Listen to the Airplane....

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 14:28
Right on micky! This time around I've got medical marijuana, so no hassles with the fuzz! LOL

Edited by SteveG - January 20 2017 at 14:29
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 146>